Under Center: 40%
• Shotgun: 60%
Using Motion: 47%
Play Action: 24%
• Designed Rush: 40%
• Designed Rush on 1D: 50%
• Yards via Pass: 60%
• Yards via Rush: 40%

I'm in favor of any of that since we basically did none of it in 2023.

I think what's most amusing about this is the #1 common complaint about Moore is that he is too pass happy.  That's pretty well balanced and the part that should be the most interesting is how quickly Hurts processes what he's seeing and gets the ball out of his hand.  

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

So what's the difference then with John Harbaugh and Dan Campbell?

Are they just products of their Coordinators too,  or real actual HC's?

Players - Play

Coaches - Coach

All 3 of these organizations allow their coaches to coach their specific area's while having a HC over see the entire staff. What exactly is the problem with that structure "other then" potentially losing a Play Caller as a Coordinator?

Every NFL team loses Coordinators.  Maybe not the immediate play caller from that season but the OC/DC moving on to take a HC postion.

Well Campbell is a moron for starters.  It will be interesting to see what that team looks like without Johnson calling plays.  Harbaugh has also tended to ebb and flow with the quality of his coordinators.  It's not that it can't work, it's just ideal for your HC to be a mastermind on one side.

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

The expected other side to the players hate Fangio narrative out of Miami

You're telling me the same Jalen Ramsey who straight up quit on the Jaguars and has bitched and complained everywhere he doesn't like to work?

I don't believe it!

• Like 3

16 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

If the Eagles had as little faith in Nick as you seem to think they have they would have fired him this offseason.

It just makes no sense sorry.

Nick was brought back for the optics for the most part. Them coming out and telling him he wont have anything to do with the offense or defense shows how little faith they have in him.

1 hour ago, UndyTaker said:

Like Nick and Shane

Yeah but like you said this time it was optics. I personally think the front office knew Steichen was good but wanted to see if Nick could handle the transition to Brian Johnson and allow the eagles to develop Brian into a good playcaller. I believe had that worked out they would’ve had tremendous faith they could keep this dance going

i think with how Brian Johnson worked out (someone I actually think they liked) I think they likely have concerns that Nick can handle transitional phases. It’s not going to be a popular opinion amongst fans but I do think Kellen will be watched very closely by the front office. He’s 35 years old. He’s still developing himself. Andy Reid wasn’t a perfect playcaller in 2000, shanahan wasnt shanahan on the Texans quite yet

i tend to believe that the eagles will not let Kellen walk if he shows something special because at 35 he’ll likely only improve with time

23 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

Yeah but like you said this time it was optics. I personally think the front office knew Steichen was good but wanted to see if Nick could handle the transition to Brian Johnson and allow the eagles to develop Brian into a good playcaller. I believe had that worked out they would’ve had tremendous faith they could keep this dance going

i think with how Brian Johnson worked out (someone I actually think they liked) I think they likely have concerns that Nick can handle transitional phases. It’s not going to be a popular opinion amongst fans but I do think Kellen will be watched very closely by the front office. He’s 35 years old. He’s still developing himself. Andy Reid wasn’t a perfect playcaller in 2000, shanahan wasnt shanahan on the Texans quite yet

i tend to believe that the eagles will not let Kellen walk if he shows something special because at 35 he’ll likely only improve with time

Idk to me thats thinking too far down the road. Kellen has a lot to prove before we start talking about him as a good OC, let alone a HC, regardless of the interviews hes had. What I do know is this offense should be good no matter what as long as they're playing for the coaches. This team was 10-1 with high school level coaching before the team realized it and called it quits. We'll see what happens, which is the theme im going with for this offseason and going into the regular season. Im not going to get overly excited or really disappointed on any coach or player they bring in. They have A LOT to prove. From the FO down to the players.

The FO didnt go in the direction I was hoping for after the Tampa game, so it is what it is. This is what we have to work with......with that said.......My biggest concern with this team is we still have the same HC that this team quit on.

2 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

Idk to me thats thinking too far down the road. Kellen has a lot to prove before we start talking about him as a good OC, let alone a HC, regardless of the interviews hes had. What I do know is this offense should be good no matter what as long as they're playing for the coaches. This team was 10-1 with high school level coaching before the team realized it and called it quits. We'll see what happens, which is the theme im going with for this offseason and going into the regular season. Im not going to get overly excited or really disappointed on any coach or player they bring in. They have A LOT to prove. From the FO down to the players.

The FO didnt go in the direction I was hoping for after the Tampa game, so it is what it is. This is what we have to work with......with that said.......My biggest concern with this team is we still have the same HC that this team quit on.

Absolutely on Nick. I think the biggest thing for me from 2022 to 2023 is if you’re the eagles you're viewing Steichen as a great playcaller but it was always nicks offense. Playcalling instincts are still disparate from the design of an offense.

so your thought is let’s see what Nick does to change/improve/evolve the offense. The offense was new in 2022, the league wasn’t prepared to be RPOed to death with 2 superstar WRs and a comfortable QB firing on all cylinders. So I’d imagine the front office was comfortable in Nick providing a new menu for Brian Johnson that did some old things and some fresh/innovative new things

i think what was likely  a surprise to everyone including me was Nick thought the best course of action this past season was to just do what they do and do it better. That was his quote. To basically to the same thing just crisper. That’s where I personally think red flags are. Andy has never done that, ever. It’s the thing that separates an offensive genius from a flash in the pan. Kellen is 100% unproven in philly. My whole commentary is simply if Kellen puts forth a top 3 offense and they look like lurie is always preaching in his owner meeting pressers. I just don’t see any way they let him walk personally. 

16 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

My whole commentary is simply if Kellen puts forth a top 3 offense and they look like lurie is always preaching in his owner meeting pressers. I just don’t see any way they let him walk personally. 

Thats assuming two things.

1. Kellen wants to stay here to be the HC because he might have better opportunities or gigs elsewhere. Being a HC in Philly is a different ball game

2. The FO thinks Kellen is a good enough puppet for them and Kellen accepts his role

All of this aside however. Only way Kellen is HC here is if Nick gets promoted to some job in the FO. He wont be demoted as a coach and if hes fired then that means the team performed poorly and if the team performs poorly enough to fire Nick then that means Kellen didnt do a good enough job to have the support from the fans or media to be the new HC.

Edited by UndyTaker

6 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Does PA out of Shotgun count? I'm shocked if you all didn't do any then. Doesn't make sense with Hurts and his talents. 

No one is scared of a RPO "play action" in the running game anymore. Traditional play action from under center is where you see RB's gashing Defenses with chunk plays and Wr's via the pass. 

• Like 1

I think we can all agree that coaching is stronger this year with all the new guys that have been brought in so far. And more importantly it will answer important questions about very important people within this team/organization.

We all wanted more PA from under center, throws to the middle of the field and motion. But at least I(and I can't be alone) have some questions as to whether that was a reflection on what the coaching staff had on Hurts. We all know his processing speed is not his forte, maybe adding motion, him turning his back to the defense on PA for him to read afterwards would magnify his weaknesses. Also, if we see the same thing, it would tell us it was Hurts. If we see way more creative play calling, rollouts, answers to the blitz, it will tell us how much Sirianni was holding the offense back. And let's hope Hurts can take on this added responsibility, because as we said very early in the season, the book is out on him, it is now is turn to take the next step.

Other important thing, is that the defensive coaching staff is much stronger with former HC and DC at Defensive coordinator and positional coach respectively, we will see how the talent responds to that and more importantly if we see a jump in development, because we have been through numerous HC regimes and the lack of development has been a problem, we will see if it is the coaches Howie brings or Howie directly, which granted  it is difficult to develop talent with our current team building philosophy. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

No one is scared of a RPO "play action" in the running game anymore. Traditional play action from under center is where you see RB's gashing Defenses with chunk plays and Wr's via the pass. 

Besides our actual play action was disjointed as hell, the fake was not sold at all and sometimes you saw Hurts do the "motion" for the sake of it and some other times the RB wasn't even of the side of the "fake". 

The truth is we really had no play action shotgun or under center. RPO and read option was what we did instead. 

• Like 1