Titans Hire Brian Callahan for HC

615finest

11 hours ago, twotonebluenation said:

I'm trying not to praise him too much, but he just speaks footbal in a way we haven't heard around here. 

It's not all, "We gonna be tough and physical. We gonna punish defenses." 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I'm trying not to praise him too much, but he just speaks footbal in a way we haven't heard around here. 

It's not all, "We gonna be tough and physical. We gonna punish defenses." 

It's also been made clear that, regardless of on-field results, the tug-of-war between Vrabel-Front Office-Leadership needed to end w/ his firing. Losing a ton of games just made the decision easier.

What is awesome to hear from him and his experiencing coaching with the Bengals is to be offensively adpative based on how the defense plays them and how the offense evolves. I love that. That is something we have always struggled with as a franchise.

And the proof is in the pudding as well. 

Burrow first year - LSU Offense

Burrow Super Bowl Year - Explosive go ball deep shot offense.

Post Super Bowl - An evolution of offense reacting to defense taking the top off. Being able to cut up a defense with the quicker passing game.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

What is awesome to hear from him and his experiencing coaching with the Bengals is to be offensively adpative based on how the defense plays them and how the offense evolves. I love that. That is something we have always struggled with as a franchise.

And the proof is in the pudding as well. 

Burrow first year - LSU Offense

Burrow Super Bowl Year - Explosive go ball deep shot offense.

Post Super Bowl - An evolution of offense reacting to defense taking the top off. Being able to cut up a defense with the quicker passing game.

I just love that every QB he has worked with has had success.  Even if for whatever reason Levis doesn't work out, I feel fully confident he'd be able to pick the right one. 

• Like 2

Just now, 615finest said:

Guess it’s time to do some research lol

tbh, OC is one of the least interesting hires for me with this staff since callahan is calling plays. always figured it’d be someone relatively low-key who callahan has history with and essentially trusts to do the job he’s been doing for the last 5 years.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

tbh, OC is one of the least interesting hires for me with this staff since callahan is calling plays. always figured it’d be someone relatively low-key who callahan has history with and essentially trusts to do the job he’s been doing for the last 5 years.

It’s still interesting at least it gives me something to do since we ain’t playing football lol.. gotta keep myself occupied at work 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 615finest said:

It’s still interesting at least it gives me something to do since we ain’t playing football lol.. gotta keep myself occupied at work 😂

You described the off-season perfectly for me. 

Going down rabbit holes trying to connect dots

45 minutes ago, 615finest said:

He answered the tackle vs wr debate.. says normally leans to WR and gives a great example… come on down Nabers or Odunze lol

I’m not the biggest Stillman fan but this is probably the best Callahan interview from the past couple of days. Really informative.