Titans Hire Brian Callahan for HC

615finest

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

As Callahan said, he wants a DC that can give his offense fits. And "Bowen's" defenses have given the Bengals a lot of problems.

Yeah. I totally understand that Bowen may have Vrabel's stank all over him...but I can't really say I've looked at our defense the past few years and thought that our DC was an issue. Bad games happen, but overall what defense has consistently played KC as well as we have?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Yeah. I totally understand that Bowen may have Vrabel's stank all over him...but I can't really say I've looked at our defense the past few years and thought that our DC was an issue. Bad games happen, but overall what defense has consistently played KC as well as we have?

Let’s look at the facts Bowen is far from a bad DC, the reality is the problem with our defense isn’t Shane, it’s we have a bunch of bums on the defensive side of the ball.
Aside from big Jeff & Autry we have mediocre talent at LB, S, & CB let’s be real. Landry is solid but he doesn’t move the needle, he’s a Derrick Morgan, a Tony brown, just a solid guy. 
I can vouch for Bowen because he can call a good sometimes great defensive game depending on which Fulton shows on Sunday, or if Simmons, Autry & Landry show up wrecking havoc.. we expect so much from Bowen as fans but what does he has to work with. 

• Like 1

Yeah, Bowen as DC I would not mind.  He looked good in 22, then not great this year, but with constant injuries and whatnot, who can blame him?

Obviously rather have the Ravens DB coach, but if McDonald splits, he's probably staying in Baltimore.

56 minutes ago, 615finest said:

i don't love hiring a guy from the jim schwartz tree. schwartz has always been a line-up-and-play, static defense guy who more or less goes as his talent goes. if you've got some dudes on defense, he'll steer the ship just fine. if not, he won't do any of the stuff we've done the past few years to hide our bad CBs or create confusion. now, maybe lynch is his own guy and will do things differently. but i'd probably be inclined to stick with bowen, between those two.

i will say i'm surprised callahan doesn't seem to be going after more experienced DC candidates.

13 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i don't love hiring a guy from the jim schwartz tree. schwartz has always been a line-up-and-play, static defense guy who more or less goes as his talent goes. if you've got some dudes on defense, he'll steer the ship just fine. if not, he won't do any of the stuff we've done the past few years to hide our bad CBs or create confusion. now, maybe lynch is his own guy and will do things differently. but i'd probably be inclined to stick with bowen, between those two.

i will say i'm surprised callahan doesn't seem to be going after more experienced DC candidates.

& that’s in all honesty what I really prefer I really want him to get a DC with experience, 1 he can leave the defense to & focus solely on Levi’s & the offense, like how McVay would do  & just let Wade Phillips be him 

Man, bringing back Terrell Williams and Chris Harris would be fantastic.

Our DBs have been awful, but Harris was just here a year, and he's got a great track record previously.  If it keeps them on hand, keeping Bowen makes a lot of sense.

You have to think that the front office is at least considering keeping everyone who hasn't been fired.  Otherwise I'm not sure why they haven't been let go.

I'd also be happy for Outten to stick around.  Spears was great out the gate.

16 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Man, bringing back Terrell Williams and Chris Harris would be fantastic.

Our DBs have been awful, but Harris was just here a year, and he's got a great track record previously.  If it keeps them on hand, keeping Bowen makes a lot of sense.

You have to think that the front office is at least considering keeping everyone who hasn't been fired.  Otherwise I'm not sure why they haven't been let go.

I'd also be happy for Outten to stick around.  Spears was great out the gate.

I liked what Outten did down the stretch for Denver when he got playcalling duties. Things picked up slightly for them. 

9 hours ago, Justin615$ said:

I think Buck Reising said it but a first time HC, first time play caller, and a first time DC would all be a nerve racking thing

yeah personally speaking, I'd prefer a vet/steady hand at DC

I would not be frustrated if we kept Bowen

• Like 1