Titans Hire Brian Callahan for HC

615finest

24 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

burke saying right now that ran led the search, will have full roster control (also lowkey confirmed that he didn't have that last season lol), and will have oversight over the head coach. they're really hitching their wagon to him

And you know what, I have no problem with that. 
He is charged to be the GM. He also has surrounded himself with people to help make these decisions. I trust him more than people in the past to lean on the voices of others to help make him the best decision possible. 

We know now that if we fail, where to put the blame. If we have success. Then we know where to place the praise. 

I also don't want people to confuse oversight with control. 
Sounds like coaches will report to him, but Callahan has control on who he wants on his staff. I don't see Ran saying, you MUST or CAN'T have this coach or that coach. 

• Like 1

Does truly feel like a new day for Titans football. 
I don't know how often we said that. 
When we went from Murlakey to Vrabel, it felt like we were going to be driving the same car that just got a new paint job and maybe a little more horsepower added.

This feels like a whole new car. 

• Like 1

Structure changes sure are...interesting? My biggest worry is encountering a moment in which Ran can/will undermine Callahan on his staff. The wording is unique, to say the least.

That said, time will tell if this works out. Hoping for the best and ready for a new beginning.

3 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Structure changes sure are...interesting? My biggest worry is encountering a moment in which Ran can/will undermine Callahan on his staff. The wording is unique, to say the least.

That said, time will tell if this works out. Hoping for the best and ready for a new beginning.

What gives me confidence is Ran is notorious for collaborating and getting along with pretty much everyone. He doesn’t seem like the type to force Callahan’s hand with staffing unless he pulls a Mularkey/Vrabel and keeps an unqualified buddy on the staff.

Plus, even though Ran is the main guy in charge, he has other quality guys in Chad Brinker and Anthony Robinson beside him.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

What gives me confidence is Ran is notorious for collaborating and getting along with pretty much everyone. He doesn’t seem like the type to force Callahan’s hand with staffing unless he pulls a Mularkey/Vrabel and keeps an unqualified buddy on the staff.

Plus, even though Ran is the main guy in charge, he has other quality guys in Chad Brinker and Anthony Robinson beside him.

Power tends to corrupt, but Ran seems like a dude that is cemented in his belief of working with others and not caring about who gets credit. I think giving him the power helps foster that mindset throughout the organization.  If you aren't willing to work together or be part of the team, Ran has the power to remove you from the team.  Check your ego at the door. 

• Like 1

When talking about Ran overseeing the staff. I think it's good. 

Say what you want but Amy learns from past situations. 

She wants the ability to be able to say, I know you love your friend as OC. But Ran is going to help you find another one, because Todd Downing isn't it. 

Ran isn't going to pick one for you. But he will help you find one you want. 

This is sustainable. As long as Ran doesn't turn power hungry, it puts us in a situation to avoid long moments of needed change. 

Everyone wanted Auckerman gone. This helps make things like that happen sooner. 

• Like 1