Raiders expected to hire Tom Telesco as the GM

NYRaider

2 hours ago, PhillyRaider said:

LOL dead wrong. He was rated as a top 3 prospect in regards to offensive linemen by pro scouts. The draft reflected that. If you think you know more than Mayock or his scouts or other pro scouts then you're quite delusional. 

Actually some of our mocks blow mayock out the water and before you mention the maxx pick even I mocked maxx to us weeks before the draft.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Jerry said:

NYRaider sent PhillyRaider.  They have to be related.  I mean the names are somewhat similar.  I assume they're friends/family.

Duh, it’s his cousin from Philly 

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Actually some of our mocks blow mayock out the water and before you mention the maxx pick even I mocked maxx to us weeks before the draft.

This. 

I've never understood the "you're not better at it than they are" argument. 

Scouts don't have some super special insight that the general public doesn't have and they usually don't possess any special knowledge any of us don't have. Scouting is basically a hobby some people get paid for by people who don't have time or interest to take part in said hobby. 

And before a certain poster hits us with the "ThEn WhY dIdN't YoU bE oNe", road scouts start out making somewhere around $25k. Directors of scouting might wind up hitting around $275k. There's only 32 of those jobs in the NFL, and I wasn't going to bank my career on that. I, like plenty of others, kept it a hobby and went after something more stable and important to me. Personally, I went to law school and spent the better part of the last decade fighting human sex trafficking through the Hague and other institutions. One guy here I know of went to med school. Another was some sort of chemical engineer and another was some other sort of engineer. Nothing against pro scouts if they're passionate enough about it to do what they do and hit the grind, especially if they’re banking on it with extra mouths to feed. I just found something I was more passionate about that paid a lot better. 

If I remember correctly, you've also coached football at some level. I'm sure we're not the only ones. I could be wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if you hadn't thought about making a career of it just like I did, and for any number of reasons decided the road was not worth the travel. I know I thought about it several times but recognized that starting that path was essentially starting over. 

Point being, it drives me nuts when people try to use those arguments. They're asinine. Provided he's not NY just trolling, he hasn't been around long enough to see how many times we've had various posters pound the table for someone and be 100% correct or how, as you said, many of us have routinely had better real time drafts than our "pros". 

It's a hobby more than a skill. Ifnitnwas a true skill, we'd have GMs nailing the draft each and every year. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Makes sense, all of the GM positions are filled. Might as well stay in Vegas and make the most of it instead of moving your family somewhere else to at best do a lateral move. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RaisinBran said:

What's the latest on our OC pursuit? Kliff was in the building and now crickets. Anyone have any updates I can't seem to find anything.

Word on the street seems to be the Raiders brass really likes Klint Kubiak, but can't talk to him in person until after the SB.

• Like 2