Raiders expected to hire Tom Telesco as the GM

NYRaider

On 1/23/2024 at 3:39 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

- Adores Notre Dame players

Joe Alt at #13 incoming? I wouldn't hate it, since Alt is almost universally seen as a Top-10 prospect. That would solidify the O-Line for the next 5 years (at least) and would play a big role in the type of offense AP/Getsy want (i.e., pound the rock/win at the line/control the clock)

On 2/6/2024 at 1:17 PM, RaidersForever said:

- Adores Notre Dame players

Joe Alt at #13 incoming? I wouldn't hate it, since Alt is almost universally seen as a Top-10 prospect. That would solidify the O-Line for the next 5 years (at least) and would play a big role in the type of offense AP/Getsy want (i.e., pound the rock/win at the line/control the clock)

Drafting a LT and moving him to RT with the 13th pick when you already have Munford and can sign a cheap veteran option would be nasty work

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Drafting a LT and moving him to RT with the 13th pick when you already have Munford and can sign a cheap veteran option would be nasty work

Alt >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Munford, and he would offer more longevity/stability than a cheap veteran option. That said, he wouldn't exactly be my first choice at #13 either.

1 minute ago, RaidersForever said:

Alt >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Munford, and he would offer more longevity/stability than a cheap veteran option. That said, he wouldn't exactly be my first choice at #13 either.

RT isn't a premium position and as we've seen in the past a lot of guys struggle switching sides at OT. So drafting a LT to move to RT in the first probably isn't the best move when you already have Munford and can sign a veteran cheap.

I mean we just drafted a decorated LT and moved him to RT a couple of years ago in Leatherwood, how well did that work out again??

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

RT isn't a premium position and as we've seen in the past a lot of guys struggle switching sides at OT. So drafting a LT to move to RT in the first probably isn't the best move when you already have Munford and can sign a veteran cheap.

I mean we just drafted a decorated LT and moved him to RT a couple of years ago in Leatherwood, how well did that work out again??

Can you get a decent RT in the third round

• Like 1

On 2/8/2024 at 8:23 PM, RaidersForever said:

Not my first choice either but for me, he may be one of the safest picks in the draft. Love him as a prospect.

On 2/8/2024 at 8:25 PM, NYRaider said:

I do agree with this. RT is not that valuable a position to me, end of the first or early second I’m more palatable to a RT. But at 13 you’re talking about CB, DE, DT maybe or even a QB may drop into your lap. 

It’s always a massive risk to draft a kid very high and make him switch position…… in the lower rounds you’re mitigating the risk somewhat. 

Id be really torn as I live Alt as a prospect. He’s the type of kid I’d like in the team but we have a quality LT and RTs are simply not that valuable to me.

38 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I do agree with this. RT is not that valuable a position to me, end of the first or early second I’m more palatable to a RT. But at 13 you’re talking about CB, DE, DT maybe or even a QB may drop into your lap. 

It’s always a massive risk to draft a kid very high and make him switch position…… in the lower rounds you’re mitigating the risk somewhat. 

Id be really torn as I live Alt as a prospect. He’s the type of kid I’d like in the team but we have a quality LT and RTs are simply not that valuable to me.

We can bring back Alex Leatherwood at RT