Raiders expected to hire Tom Telesco as the GM

NYRaider

6 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Lol Kelly has been passed up for our GM role twice now, back-to-back seasons, and you think he'll be stoked to stick around?

I'm not saying this out of draft compensation, but I truly hope he gets a shot this year or next. He deserves a shot. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I have to wonder what would have happened if Maxx and the fans didn't go on strike demanding AP. It sounded like it was Kelly/Dodds and then out of nowhere it's Tom?

Did we seriously sway MD away from better options by enforcing AP as HC?

What if Dodds turned us down ?

Just now, NickButera said:

I bet he did. Dodd's is going with Harbough. Same with last hiring cycle, they were always going to stick together

I mean it’s possible that they both turned us down and favoured the Chargers. 

Just now, NickButera said:

I bet he did. Dodd's is going with Harbough. Same with last hiring cycle, they were always going to stick together

Why is why sticking with AP seemingly may have killed any chance at one or both. 

Truly a franchise altering decision which will be fascinating to watch.

46 minutes ago, NickButera said:

He has A LOT of history to go look at. The good thing is he's almost a lock to draft a first round great player. 

....rounds 2-7, you'll never hear of any of them again

How much of that is awful coaching? I feel like your day 2 and 3 picks are usually a product of who's developing them.

I don't mind the hire. He's established and I think the team needed that vs. going green. Helps in the draft and free agency. Not my first choice, but could look back in 3 years and like this decision more. 

• Like 5

My main problem with him is more of his hiring of coaches more than anything else. The chargers always had better rosters than us for the last decade so at least we know he has that part down. If Pierce pans out we should have nothing to worry about.

• Like 1

Mark desperately needs to hire a President of Football Operations. Let them handle the reigns because these committees are either lip service or too many voices leading to different visions.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'm just so underwhelmed. Once again we had Harbaugh and Dodds on our doorstep yet we retain our interim HC (I can accept this) and then steal a rivals GM who is known for consistently underperforming. I just don't understand Mark's thought process.

Their roster was stacked, but coaching underperformed is how I view it. He got the players, but coaches couldn't coach them. 

Oh, and let's not forget the injuries. Can't think of a team that had more bad luck to top end players than them.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, NickButera said:

That's my take. Which isn't a horrible thing. He DID put together a good starting roster, consistently. He found a way. 

But his drafts: 

• 1st rounders: D.J. Fluker, Jason Verrett, Melvin Gordon, Joey Bosa, Mike Williams, Derwin James Jr, Jerry Tillery, Justin Herbert, Rashawn Slater, Zion Johnson

He didn't really ever miss. It's the core of their team, AND he identified Herbert when a lot of others weren't super high on him. 

• Everyone else: 
  • 2 LB Manti Te’o, 3 WR Keenan Allen, 5 DB Steve Williams, 6 LB Tourek Williams, 7 QB Brad Sorensen.
  • 2 LB Jeremiah Attaochu, 3 G Chris Watt, 5 DT Ryan Carrethers, 6 RB Marion Grice, 7 WR Tevin Reese.
  • 2 LB Denzel Perryman, 3 CB Craig Mager, 4 LB Kyle Emanuel, 6 DT Darius Philon.
  • 2 TE Hunter Henry, 3 C Max Tuerk, 4 LB Joshua Perry, 5 LB Jatavis Brown, 6 P Drew Kaser, FB Derek Watt, G Donavon Clark.
  • 2 G Forrest Lamp, 3 OL Dan Feeney, 4 S Rayshawn Jenkins, 5 DB Desmond King, 6 OT Sam Tevi, 7 Edge Isaac Rochell.
  • 2 Edge Uchenna Nwosu, 3 DT Justin Jones, 4 LB Kazir White, 5 C Scott Quessenberry, 6 WR Dylan Cantrell, 7 RB Justin Jackson.
  • 2 S Nasir Adderley, 3 OT Trey Pipkins III, 4 LB Drue Tranquill, 5 QB Easton Stick, 6 LB Emeke Egbule, 7 DL Cortez Broughton.
  • LB Kenneth Murray Jr., 4 RB Joshua Kelley, 5 WR Joe Reed, 6 S Alohi Gilman, 7 WR K.J. Hill.
  • 2 CB Asante Samuel Jr., 3 WR Joshua Palmer, TE Tre’ McKitty, 4 Edge Chris Rumph II, 5 OL Brenden Jaimes, 6 LB Nick Niemann, RB Larry Rountree III, 7 S Mark Webb.
  • 3 S JT Woods, 4 RB Isaiah Spiller, 5 DT Otito Ogbonnia, 6 OL Jamaree Salyer, CB Ja’Sir Taylor, 7 DB Deane Leonard, FB Zander Horvath.

.....There's not a name on this list that I consider a player who is instrumental for their team. 

There hasn't been a single player he has drafted outside of the first two rounds that received an extension with the Chargers.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NickButera said:

I'm not saying this out of draft compensation, but I truly hope he gets a shot this year or next. He deserves a shot. 

Not trying to be harsh, but does he? What's he done to deserve a shot at the full GM gig with anyone?

• Like 2