2024 Free Agency Discussion

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

Local reporters in Denver have constantly said it's a no on Fields.

Who have they indicated that they plan on playing at QB? Do they have someone that I'm forgetting about? They don't have a high pick right? 

1 minute ago, drew39k said:

Who have they indicated that they plan on playing at QB? Do they have someone that I'm forgetting about? They don't have a high pick right? 

they have a high enough pick for Penix or Nix, though I hope that is not the plan. 

I wonder if Sam Howell is in play with Washington having signed Mariota, but frankly, I think it may just be Jarrett Stidham? Guys like Tannehill and Wentz are still options as very cheap stopgaps and I think for the  next two years while living out the Russ cut, cheap is important. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

they have a high enough pick for Penix or Nix, though I hope that is not the plan. 

I wonder if Sam Howell is in play with Washington having signed Mariota, but frankly, I think it may just be Jarrett Stidham? Guys like Tannehill and Wentz are still options as very cheap stopgaps and I think for the  next two years while living out the Russ cut, cheap is important. 

Howell would be a good option. Maybe a Sam Darnold flier like the Bucs did with Baker last year? Jameis is still around too right and maybe Peyton liked him?

6 minutes ago, drew39k said:

Howell would be a good option. Maybe a Sam Darnold flier like the Bucs did with Baker last year? Jameis is still around too right and maybe Peyton liked him?

Darnold already signed with the Vikings.

17 minutes ago, drew39k said:

Darnold and Winston signed. So did Jacoby and Tyrod and Drew lock. 

32 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Would love to see the Saints come away with Chase Young if the price isn't too crazy. 

If you're bidding against the Panthers who apparently value guards at 100 and 50 mil deals I think a name like Chase Young would go for way too much too

31 minutes ago, Forge said:

This tells me his market is kind of soft, so I wouldn't expect a hefty price tag 

The next iteration of Clowney.

He'll probably get a 1 year prove he's healthy and a hard worker type of deal. Would make a lot of sense for Carolina after losing Burns.

• Like 1

No surprise after some of the QBing we witnessed last year, that teams are going heavy on the backups early. 

Soon Jimmy will be available, then there’s Flacco and Tannehill. The rest are a big step down IMO. One healthy season at QB and all of a sudden SF thinks they don’t need four quality backups…..

Edited by Soko