2024 Free Agency Discussion

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, Soko said:

This feels like agent leaked "mystery team 3 offer more" and if they do he goes to the unlisted team and random reporters rep takes a minimal hit no one remembers or cares about long term

1 minute ago, Trojan said:

This feels like agent leaked "mystery team 3 offer more" and if they do he goes to the unlisted team and random reporters rep takes a minimal hit no one remembers or cares about long term

Seems that way. Also my assumption (pure speculation) that the agent’s bidding one of these team’s up.

3 hours ago, Trojan said:

Is there a world where Fields goes to Baltimore as Lamar's backup? Like these Mariota/Lock/clear back up deals aren't really that much more than a final year rookie deal. Probably isn't "doing right by Fields", but like kinda looks like that ship sailed.

If the Bears were to release him, sure.  But that isn't happening.

34 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

If the Bears were to release him, sure.  But that isn't happening.

I meant Ravens trade for him. Tyler Huntley is a free agent and if the Ravens traded a mid-late pick for Justin Fields if all the teams viewing him as a starter are out. Cowboys did a similar idea with same draft class Trey Lance at the deadline, and then the Jags did it for same draft class Mac Jones.  If Ravens offered the Mac Jones trade plus a bit, would that be realistic if the starting options simply don't exist and Bears are taking Caleb and moving on (it'd already be awkward to keep Fields at this point).

8 minutes ago, Trojan said:

I meant Ravens trade for him. Tyler Huntley is a free agent and if the Ravens traded a mid-late pick for Justin Fields if all the teams viewing him as a starter are out. Cowboys did a similar idea with same draft class Trey Lance at the deadline, and then the Jags did it for same draft class Mac Jones.  If Ravens offered the Mac Jones trade plus a bit, would that be realistic if the starting options simply don't exist and Bears are taking Caleb and moving on (it'd already be awkward to keep Fields at this point).

Except the difference was that Trey Lance had thrown 102 career passes and Dak Prescott only had 1 more season remaining under contract.  That was a nice buy-low option for them even it was a bit of a luxury.  Same thing with Jacksonville and Mac Jones.  Odds are that those moves don't amount to much, but in the event that their current starter gets injured and Trey Lance/Mac Jones play well, they've got a semi-valuable asset.  If the Ravens want to give up an early Day 3 pick for Justin Fields in the event Lamar Jackson gets injured, I wouldn't fault them for that.  But anything more than a 5th round pick seems like a waste of resources.

52 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

I have a hard time figuring why no one has signed Willie Gay yet. Somebody is gonna sign him to be depth and he's gonna wind up their best LBer

You're welcome Willie, I'll take my 12% cut in the form of a cashier's check. Thanks 

4 hours ago, drew39k said:

Who have they indicated that they plan on playing at QB? Do they have someone that I'm forgetting about? They don't have a high pick right? 

It's gotta be a tank season for them. Jarrett Stidham time 

• Forge unpinned this topic