2024 Free Agency Discussion

RaidersAreOne

On 3/15/2024 at 8:35 PM, adamq said:

What exactly is Dallas' plan at running back? It can't be Dowdle/Vaughn..

Available RBs.. Zeke, Josh Kelley, Donta foreman.. and those are the best ones

Is Rico even under contract?

I personally love what Pittsburgh is doing.There is no one here that can honestly say the quarterback position.Last season for us was not absolutely pathetic in this year.Not only do I think it's an upgrade.And it also has future potential. I also think we've got a good bit to get rid of the me first guys in the locker room

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VigilantZombie said:

I personally love what Pittsburgh is doing.There is no one here that can honestly say the quarterback position.Last season for us was not absolutely pathetic in this year.Not only do I think it's an upgrade.And it also has future potential. I also think we've got a good bit to get rid of the me first guys in the locker room

Potential for what?

24 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Vikings fans any thoughts on him?

They typically hate him and asked for him to be replaced nonstop if I remember right, then he was by Dalton Risner if I remember right.

11 hours ago, CasperX22 said:

Potential for what?

I definitely think Fields sitting behind Wilson will be good for him, I think there is potential there for a bright future. Having said that, if he doesn't succeed in Pittsburgh, it's probably his last destination.  But spare me the "he sucked in Chicago" that OL is among the worst in the league and the coaching staff is terrible. It's not all on them, Justin Fields has to do a better, quicker job getting through his progressions but there's so little risk involved in Wilson and Fields, it's a nice position to be in right now.

1 hour ago, VigilantZombie said:

I definitely think Fields sitting behind Wilson will be good for him, I think there is potential there for a bright future. Having said that, if he doesn't succeed in Pittsburgh, it's probably his last destination.  But spare me the "he sucked in Chicago" that OL is among the worst in the league and the coaching staff is terrible. It's not all on them, Justin Fields has to do a better, quicker job getting through his progressions but there's so little risk involved in Wilson and Fields, it's a nice position to be in right now.

I think fields was horrible in Chicago and it's more on him than the OL, but I also agree with you. They only gave up a 6th for a developmental QB- let him ride the bench and if the organization likes him, he can re sign and compete for a job next year

19 hours ago, VigilantZombie said:

I think that the Steelers did a good job improving their QB position given what they had to work with. It is a creative solution. They get credit for that, and for pulling off the band aid now rather than foolishly trying to run it back another year with Pickett.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VigilantZombie said:

Or he's just bad which is likely a lot closer to the truth.  Fields obviously is a very good athlete, unfortunately I don't think he's a very good QB or football player for that matter.  Neither Russ nor Fields are going to a very good offense or system for that matter.  I think Steeler fans are overrating the impact these guys will have.

4 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

Or he's just bad which is likely a lot closer to the truth.  Fields obviously is a very good athlete, unfortunately I don't think he's a very good QB or football player for that matter.  Neither Russ nor Fields are going to a very good offense or system for that matter.  I think Steeler fans are overrating the impact these guys will have.

I think people need to really go and look at Wilson last year because he wasn't as bad as people wanna make him sound. Now I'm not talked exceptional but he was good.

As far as Fields he definitely needs to develop more and as I said if he can't it might be the end of the road for him after this.