2024 Free Agency Discussion

RaidersAreOne

5 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

I’m hearing Aiyuk trade to Steelers rumors 

I feel like its based on him tweeting to Tomlin that people are saying that they are twins lol

Pitt would probably be dumb to make that move. They aren't ready for that, I think. 

• Like 2

Just now, Forge said:

I feel like its based on him tweeting to Tomlin that people are saying that they are twins lol

Pitt would probably be dumb to make that move. They aren't ready for that, I think. 

Also fwiw the steelers beat writer mark  kaboly has been tweeting stuff about a big WR move coming in the past few days and has been tweeting all these giddy tweets like “ohhhh mama : )” and stuff like that haha.

Sidebar but always such an obnoxious look when official beat writers come off as glorified fans. Like it’s your job and you’re treating this the same as a 15 year old tweeter haha

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ray Reed said:

Also fwiw the steelers beat writer mark  kaboly has been tweeting stuff about a big WR move coming in the past few days and has been tweeting all these giddy tweets like “ohhhh mama : )” and stuff like that haha.

Sidebar but always such an obnoxious look when official beat writers come off as glorified fans. Like it’s your job and you’re treating this the same as a 15 year old tweeter haha

it's just going to be one of those off seasons with the rumors until the season starts or he extends. We've already heard rumors about him to the Jags, and now the Steelers. 

Honestly, I'm not so sure that Aiyuk wants to stick around with the current roster construction. I could totally see him wanting to push off on his own to try and be a star. In SF he's going to continue to be somewhat minimized in that offense. But if that's the case, I think the answer is actually moving on from Deebo and letting Aiyuk take over a bigger role. If you believe that Pretty Rickey guy, he said he never heard anything about Aiyuk, but heard Deebo being shopped around to a couple of places. There was talk from guys like Mike Silver that the niners could be looking at making a big move. I think the thought was that the "big move" was releasing AA, but that doesn't strike me as a big move to be completely honest. Trading a guy like Deebo or Aiyuk would be. 

If the Jags want to give up 17, or the Steelers want to give up 20 for Aiyuk, I think they are getting a little ahead of themselves, but it would the start of a fair trade push. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VigilantZombie said:

I think people need to really go and look at Wilson last year because he wasn't as bad as people wanna make him sound. Now I'm not talked exceptional but he was good.

As far as Fields he definitely needs to develop more and as I said if he can't it might be the end of the road for him after this.

The only thing that suggests that Russ was good last year is the stat page. His play in game last year left a ton to be desired and the Broncos offense was essentially trying to hide him. He is simply no longer a good QB.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I don't understand why the Niners would do this.

IF it were to happen, I'd have to imagine it would have to be a draft night deal a la Hollywood brown. If there's a WR Shanny really loves at 20, and Pitt is willing to pay a premium on top of that, then maybe the 49ers would do it.. but TBH it just doesn't make sense.

They will extend him and trade Deebo next year

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Chiefs need to get weaker, teams need to overpay: Mike Danna, Mecole Hardman, Mike Edwards, Donovan Smith, McKinnon, CEH

I’m shocked Danna and Edwards haven’t signed elsewhere for good money.

18 minutes ago, nicfre2011 said:

I would love to see Danna re-signed to a 1 year "run it back" deal.

Yeah, I'd be ecstatic to get Danna back. Really surprises me that the market has basically ignored his existence.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Yeah, I'd be ecstatic to get Danna back. Really surprises me that the market has basically ignored his existence.

Most underrated guy on the defense, so that checks out