2024 Free Agency Discussion

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

What exactly is the breaking news? 

I think Jerry made a comment to the effect that there is no contract extension and they are going to ride out Dak's final year on this contract as is (as opposed to speculation that they might extend him).

22 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Does Dak get 60 mill a year on the open market? Who is paying him that?

Depends a little on who comes out of the draft with a QB. Based on cap space and need, could see the Patriots, Steelers, Commanders, Broncos, Panthers all having the space and positional need. Maybe the Titans, depending on rollover and contract structure. Raiders would need to make some sacrifices to do it, which might not align with why you would want to sign him in the first place. Obviously Dallas could still be involved in a year. But, you really only need two or three teams to convince themselves that he's the QB to take them from trash to relevancy, and then the bidding war will get it there. Kirk just got $45M coming off a major injury and 5 years older. I'm not a huge Dak fan, but he'd still probably be the best QB I can think of to hit free agency that wasn't in the twilight of their career when they did so.

This could also all just be posturing because Dak has a lot of leverage due to the dead money if they do let him move on. The consensus has been that the $40M dead cap hit they'll take if he moves on gives him substantial leverage as they'll want to push that out to help with contracts for Parsons and Lamb and others, and they can only do that with an extension, so this could just be trying to shift the media narrative about who is in control here.

2 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Depends a little on who comes out of the draft with a QB. Based on cap space and need, could see the Patriots, Steelers, Commanders, Broncos, Panthers all having the space and positional need. Maybe the Titans, depending on rollover and contract structure. Raiders would need to make some sacrifices to do it, which might not align with why you would want to sign him in the first place. Obviously Dallas could still be involved in a year. But, you really only need two or three teams to convince themselves that he's the QB to take them from trash to relevancy, and then the bidding war will get it there. Kirk just got $45M coming off a major injury and 5 years older. I'm not a huge Dak fan, but he'd still probably be the best QB I can think of to hit free agency that wasn't in the twilight of their career when they did so.

This could also all just be posturing because Dak has a lot of leverage due to the dead money if they do let him move on. The consensus has been that the $40M dead cap hit they'll take if he moves on gives him substantial leverage as they'll want to push that out to help with contracts for Parsons and Lamb and others, and they can only do that with an extension, so this could just be trying to shift the media narrative about who is in control here.

Dak Prescott and Sean Payton pairing,,,,that would really be something. I honestly hope they dump money on him. I feel like whoever is lucky enough to win the Dak sweepstakes isn’t gonna have a good time

but it is the cowboys, they always have to do something to spice up the media. Keep that brand pumpin

8 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Does Dak get 60 mill a year on the open market? Who is paying him that?

If Russell Wilson and Kirk got what they got recently, nothing would shock me. 

• Like 3