2024 Free Agency Discussion

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, tyler735 said:

Man being in “cap hell” sure sucks yet again 😂

Yeah we're all longing for our teams to be run like the Saints and be penciled in for a 7-10 to 9-8 record floor/ceiling every year. 

The Saints should have tore that thing apart 3 years ago, but they keep chasing that final wild card birth.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, tyler735 said:

Yeah man sucks so bad potentially bringing in another big name free agent. Just gonna keep kicking that can lol

If Simmons was a "big name" he'd be signed already. The market has shown his value.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, General Tso said:

If Simmons was a "big name" he'd be signed already. The market has shown his value.

Yeah I’ll gladly take a guy that’s been a 2nd team All Pro the past 3 seasons, but to each their own I suppose.

39 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Yeah we're all longing for our teams to be run like the Saints and be penciled in for a 7-10 to 9-8 record floor/ceiling every year. 

The Saints should have tore that thing apart 3 years ago, but they keep chasing that final wild card birth.

Yep tear it up and start over again. Worked brilliant for teams like the Browns, Lions, Jets, and others for the better parts of the past few decades. I’ll gladly stay competitive with a chance to win the NFC South or get a wild card this year and hope a good draft class or 2 over the next few years give us the boost we need instead of gutting everything. 

Edited by tyler735

2 hours ago, General Tso said:

Why haven't 31 other teams "gladly" done that yet?

Don’t care why they haven’t. I do know my team brought in an All Pro Safety deep into the free agency period 2 years ago in Tyrann Mathieu and it has been a very good signing for us. I’ll happily pair another all pro Safety with the honeybadger this season.

This signing would give us arguably the best secondary in the NFL. So yeah sign me up.

Edited by tyler735
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Don’t care why they haven’t. I do know my team brought in an All Pro Safety deep into the free agency period 2 years ago in Tyrann Mathieu and it has been a very good signing for us. I’ll happily pair another all pro Safety with the honeybadger this season.

This signing would give us arguably the best secondary in the NFL. So yeah sign me up.

You are free to not care about other teams. The rest of us are free to not care about this (potential) signing for y'all.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, General Tso said:

You are free to not care about other teams. The rest of us are free to not care about this (potential) signing for y'all.

Would be awfully weird for people to not care about where a 4 time All Pro player including 3 All Pro nods in the past 3 years went, but again you do you lmao

On 8/7/2024 at 11:49 AM, General Tso said:

Why haven't 31 other teams "gladly" done that yet?

One of the posters in the Titans section has a inside source with the team who gives us reliable information every year during FA/draft, and he says it's because of how much money Simmons is asking for.

" Justin Simmons wants almost 11-12 million a year.  "

31 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

One of the posters in the Titans section has a inside source with the team who gives us reliable information every year during FA/draft, and he says it's because of how much money Simmons is asking for.

Yeah....he needs to cut that number in half if he hopes to play this year.

1 hour ago, TitanLegend said:

Puts him in Jalen Thompson, Julian Love, Grant Delpit territory. Probably fair, tbh.

I’d jump on that if I’m the Eagles, Bills, Lions, Niners, or Texans.