Around The League

Jerry

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Falcons won’t play Penix.

Wonder if the Raiders could call the Falcons a month into the season and see if they want to trade Cousins. 

Looks like next season Stafford , Dak and Cousins will be available 

3 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

His nails are painted though so that means he wont be good 😂

Right . I don’t care what these players do on their own time or what they wear etc. As long as they show up , win and produce 

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Wonder if the Raiders could call the Falcons a month into the season and see if they want to trade Cousins. 

I wonder if Minnesota is trying to re-acquire Cousins? 

Falcons coach just said Penix proved he doesn’t need preseason reps.

Sounds like Penix  is the week 1 starter. Owner could be calling the shots

9 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Yea that was an incredible throw on the money too

He could run away with ROY

Drake Maye clears 

- 70% of this forum lol

Dude is a Mahomes clone

I like Caleb, Daniels, or Nabers for ROY

5 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

I wonder if Minnesota is trying to re-acquire Cousins? 

Falcons coach just said Penix proved he doesn’t need preseason reps.

Sounds like Penix  is the week 1 starter. Owner could be calling the shots

8 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

6 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

The Falcons aren't eating $155M in dead cap to move on from Cousins just because Penix looked good in one preseason game. 

We going to talk about how the Broncos might have something in Bo Nix? 

He's looked quick, decisive and athletic through 2 games. Will be interesting to see where his ceiling is, but he's showing everything I've expected thus far. Smart, quick to pick up an offense and making plays. 

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

He's looked quick, decisive and athletic through 2 games. Will be interesting to see where his ceiling is, but he's showing everything I've expected thus far. Smart, quick to pick up an offense and making plays. 

Liked him with a trade back but thought 12 was too rich, but man he’s looked pretty good. Payton doesn’t hurt either. 

2 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Liked him with a trade back but thought 12 was too rich, but man he’s looked pretty good. Payton doesn’t hurt either. 

12 felt rich for sure. He has a high floor, can start day 1. Just question where his ceiling will be long term. 

On 8/17/2024 at 3:12 PM, bucksavage1 said:

Not really following the Rams much this offseason... why do you think Stafford will be available?

As for Cousins, doubt they eat that gigantic guaranteed contract.

On 8/17/2024 at 9:47 PM, NYRaider said:

Drake Maye clears 

- 70% of this forum lol

Dude is a Mahomes clone

I like Caleb, Daniels, or Nabers for ROY

Man I wish Nabers went to a different team.  Trying to get him in all my FF leagues, he's going to so heavily targeted 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Bo strikes me as ultimately being a Carson Palmer/Eli Manning/Alex Smith type QB. Not in terms of play style, but where he could slot into the pantheon of QBs. 

Nobody would've been overly surprised if Palmer's AZ squad made a Superbowl, but him winning one wasn't going to make him a HOF case. Smith with SF under Harbaugh or KC with Reid, would anyone have been truly shocked? Not really, though a ring wouldn't have made a HOF case. Eli made a few and.got some hardware, and he wasn't total cheeks, but he also wasn't the key ingredient to those runs either. 

I see Nix in that vein. He might be fine and with Sean Payton, nobody is going to be surprised if they become a fixture in the playoffs and "any given Sunday" goes their way. But I don't think he's ever going to be in the "HOF franchise QB" tier. It's certainly not a "bad" tier. Most franchises would kill for a QB to have a Palmer or Smith level career. Getting much better than that has some luck involved, imo. 

Some people are fine with that level of QB. I would have been, for sure, but only if they naturally fell to me. I'm not trading up or getting into a huge bidding war for that guy. His floor is high, which I think most expected. His ceiling isn't going to be particularly high, I don't think. Not trade up for a HOF talent high, at least. 

It sounds rich coming from a fan of a team with Gardner Minshew as the starting QB, I know. I'd be happy to have Nix right now. But I'm not going to melt down over not finding a way to get him. I think between his skill set and Sean Payton, it's a equal partnership most people saw coming leading up to the draft. He was the right QB and went to the best possible situation for what he ultimately is. 

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 1

Was high on Nix and had advocated taking him at 13 if he were there prior to the draft. Had been of the opinion that any of the top 6 QBs would’ve been worthy of selection.

It was just that none of them were there!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, reddevil said:

Was high on Nix and had advocated taking him at 13 if he were there prior to the draft. Had been of the opinion that any of the top 6 QBs would’ve been worthy of selection.

It was just that none of them were there!!

Agreed.

I think there were a few of them who 13 would be high for under most circumstances. But when you lack a late 1st or early 2nd, you gotta pull the trigger early when you get the opportunity. I would've been fine with any of the Top 6 at 13 (well, kind of. I think Williams ultimately busts). 

The only problem with hesitating because "next year's class might be better for us to take X" is that you can say it practically every single draft and always kick the can down the road. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, big_palooka said:

He’s look very good in preseason as well as the other rookie QBs. However, have all been playing against vanilla defenses 

Until live rounds start, Im holding all expectations. Zach Wilson had a great rookie preseason too

Nix odds  did rise in the sports books to be rookie year back in July

Edited by bucksavage1