Around The League

Jerry

16 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Meh, the NTC didn't bother me. I doubt Carr wanted to stick around for McDaniels anyway. 

Had we not unceremoniously benched him and let the pot stir only to, apparently, try and get him to come back, chances are he would've gladly accepted a trade somewhere. 

I think Carr would've played ball with the Raiders, in a vacuum. I don't think he was going to play ball for the sake of Josh McDaniels and Dave Zeigler, and I can't blame him

And can anyone blame him? The dude had stayed loyal to the franchise through some pretty dark years (and by many accounts had taken a behind-the-scenes leadership role in keeping the team together when the Gruden/Ruggs fiasco happened) only to get the absolute shaft by McD and Co. It probably felt like the ultimate stab-in-the-back.

What makes it suck even more is that we probably would have snuck into the playoffs with him at QB last year once McDummy was gone.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Baker Mayfield maybe. The Browns got a 5th for him, but what they did after is as ugly as it gets. 

Yeah I think the Browns handling of their QB situation since they came back as a franchise still takes the cake. 

The only reason I want to call this instance by us worse is that beyond collecting big name FAs, I've never felt like they were really on the cusp of turning a consistent corner. 

With us, I felt there was at least something that could've been going forward, whether that was ultimately with or without Carr for a few additional years. Whatever may have been brewing seems to have been derailed somewhere in the mid 2022 season and never got back on track. 

To dumb it down- I feel like the Browns are simply struggling to not be last in the division. I felt like we had a shot to lock down 2nd place. 

6 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

No doctor but looks like Tua just suffered another concussion. I know he has several bad ones already. Could be forced to hang em up, even though he just got paid.

Wonder what impact that will have on the Dolphins cap flexibility? Brutal to pay a guy a ton of guaranteed money only for him to suffer a potential career ending injury in the 2nd game of the first season of the contract. 

11 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Tua is such a bum.  I can't believe that homers on here argued with me for years about how good he is.  Media hype machine for anyone who cared to look.  

"Hey Siri - what's the definition of tasteless?"

By homers, you mean one poster @Tank4Drake because nobody even cares about Tua or the Dolphins. 

Edited by big_palooka

4 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

"Hey Siri - what's the definition of tasteless?"

By homers, you mean one poster @Tank4Drake because nobody even cares about Tua or the Dolphins. 

Tasteless?  That was posted before he was injured and was commenting strictly on his play.  The guy is a bum who should have never got paid over 200M. 

There were many on here saying Tua was a stud, they wished we mortgaged the future to trade up for him blah blah.  If I recall correctly you were one who though Tua was a stud.  Another terribly incorrect take of yours that has not aged well.  Some people are susceptible to media influence and luckily I have the ability to not pay attention to that noise and look at thing objectively. 

As a matter of fact I recall @Tank4Drake being a fan of his early on then agreeing with me that he is not a good QB and was hyped up by the media for no reason. 

10 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Tasteless?  That was posted before he was injured and was commenting strictly on his play.  The guy is a bum who should have never got paid over 200M. 

There were many on here saying Tua was a stud, they wished we mortgaged the future to trade up for him blah blah.  If I recall correctly you were one who though Tua was a stud.  Another terribly incorrect take of yours that has not aged well.  Some people are susceptible to media influence and luckily I have the ability to not pay attention to that noise and look at thing objectively. 

As a matter of fact I recall @Tank4Drake being a fan of his early on then agreeing with me that he is not a good QB and was hyped up by the media for no reason. 

Still tasteless. He's not a bum. Daniel Jones is a bum. Tua is mid like the mid Derek Carr you clung to and made excuses for for eyars. 

I only recall one person, who has been mentioned, who only speaks in hyperbole wanting to trade the farm for Tua. 

You're dead wrong on @Tank4Drake who was the sole person touting Tua for years now. 

5 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Still tasteless. He's not a bum. Daniel Jones is a bum. Tua is mid like the mid Derek Carr you clung to and made excuses for for eyars. 

I only recall one person, who has been mentioned, who only speaks in hyperbole wanting to trade the farm for Tua. 

You're dead wrong on @Tank4Drake who was the sole person touting Tua for years now. 

Tua is not a good QB.  He is on a team with a top tier play caller, has the best WR combo in the NFL, a rock solid running game and over the last few years was playing behind a very underrated D that has taken a step back this year. You put Tua on Carolina and he is completely worthless.  He is not good despite the nonsense propaganda people like you spewed over the years on here.  Another terrible take by you...  Shocker lol 

• Like 1

On 9/12/2024 at 9:21 AM, RaidersForever said:

And can anyone blame him? The dude had stayed loyal to the franchise through some pretty dark years (and by many accounts had taken a behind-the-scenes leadership role in keeping the team together when the Gruden/Ruggs fiasco happened) only to get the absolute shaft by McD and Co. It probably felt like the ultimate stab-in-the-back.

What makes it suck even more is that we probably would have snuck into the playoffs with him at QB last year once McDummy was gone.

Pretty sure Tank4Drake lost his high school sweetheart to Carr at some point, so...yeah he definitely could. Dude would blame Carr for the creation of the flu, insurance premiums, and the existence of Hell itself if he could get away with it. 

• Like 5

23 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Tua is not a good QB.  He is on a team with a top tier play caller, has the best WR combo in the NFL, a rock solid running game and over the last few years was playing behind a very underrated D that has taken a step back this year. You put Tua on Carolina and he is completely worthless.  He is not good despite the nonsense propaganda people like you spewed over the years on here.  Another terrible take by you...  Shocker lol 

Didn't say he was good. Said he was mid. And I've literally not talked about Tua at all. And everyone knows I was a Herbert truther, Oregon homer during the draft.  

Another emotional outburst by you...... shocker lol

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Didn't say he was good. Said he was mid. And I've literally not talked about Tua at all. And everyone knows I was a Herbert truther, Oregon homer during the draft.  

Another emotional outburst by you...... shocker lol

I don't really know why calling Tua "good" would even be controversial. 

Nobody's calling him great. Mid may be a bit harsh as he's shown he can be very effective in the right offense. He's not overall cheeks.

To me a mid QB is something between Gardner Minshew on the low end and vintage Flacco/Mariota on the high- guys who might severely underwhelm in one offense but look viable in another, but never have any real facade of a good season or stretch year to year.

Tua, imo, did. In that offense, he could've annually been a 4k+/25+ TD guy, whereas I think a "mid" guy would struggle around closer to the 3800/20 TD range- viable enough but absolutely upgradeable. It may vary offense to offense, but when a guy has a stretch like Tua through 2022 and 2023, I'm willing to say he's at least "good", but maybe "mid" in a bad offense. 

With some of the QB play we've seen lately, I think the litmus for a "good" or "great" QB is going to adjust a bit. We got spoiled over the last 15-20 years by a lot of truly fantastic QB play where the 10th best QB in the league could make an argument for being great but not HOF bound. 

There was a time not too long ago we had Brady, Brees, Manning, Rodgers, Rivers, Stafford, Ryan, Warner, Romo, etc all at once. That's just the at-the-time proven commodities, and I might even be missing one or two. 

There's really not 9-10 guys in the league right now I'd put in that same level. There's a lot of "names"- guys hyped up we're waiting on, and guys with a 1-off campaign that will buohy their stock for a while, but as for consistency and success, we're kind of in a more stabilized lull where the 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th best QBs are just "good" but nowhere near sniffing "great". The 2000s and 2010s set some arguably unrealistic expectations for what just "good" QB play looks like. 

So not saying you ever called Tua good, but even if you had, it's not that big a deal lol

• Like 1