Boston College Head Coach Jeff Hafley is Packers New DC

2024 DC Search  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT to be the next DC?

• Jeff Hafley
    • Jim Leonhard
    • Wink Martindale
    • Ejiro Evero
    • Christian Parker
    • Zach Orr
    • Jesse Minter
    • Anthony Weaver
    • Chris Hewitt
    • Al Harris
    • Larry Foote
    • Aden Durde
    • Dennard Wilson
    • Aubrey Pleasant
    • Brandon Staley
    • Joe Barry
    • Bobby Babich
    • Mike Vrabel
    • Leslie Frazier
    • Chris Harris

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2024 at 01:07 AM

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

*and

bring em both in

What am I missing?

isn’t Babich in contention for Buffalo DC (he’s prob come to GB to calls plays over that?). So he has to be DC to get him away from buffalo, right? Then what do you do to get Parker? He’s already a secondary coach? Offer him defensive pass game coordinator and Denver can match?

20 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

What am I missing?

isn’t Babich in contention for Buffalo DC (he’s prob come to GB to calls plays over that?). So he has to be DC to get him away from buffalo, right? Then what do you do to get Parker? He’s already a secondary coach? Offer him defensive pass game coordinator and Denver can match?

not missing anything. it was a joke

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

What am I missing?

Damn! It never occured to me that Buffalo may not be a playcalling gig. A quick research showed that Fraizer had the playcalling as coordinator but when he stepped away McDermott took over that responsibility. Since McDermott showed willingness to let others do the playcalling then Babich may get the chance to do it as well.

But if McDermott isn't willing then that could definitely change things.

You would've thought the Giants would be strong favourites in this case due to his long term working relationship with Daboll but it sounds like Daboll is a bit of an arsehole and maybe that will push Babich towards teams who have shown interest interviewing him....Green Bay and Miami.

An another interesting wrinkle to the game of coordinator musical chairs. 🤣

Edited by Chili

Just as I thought. Hewitt is not even on NFL teams radar. Not sure why he's so popular on here judging by the poll.

Dennard Wilson's resume is far superior so not surprised he is being interviewed. However I am surprised we are looking at him because he's a completely different coaching tree and has no prior relationship to LaFleur or any of his circle of friends. At least we're attempting to turn over every rock.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chili said:

Just as I thought. Hewitt is not even on NFL teams radar. Not sure why he's so popular on here judging by the poll.

Dennard Wilson's resume is far superior so not surprised he is being interviewed. However I am surprised we are looking at him because he's a completely different coaching tree and has no prior relationship to LaFleur or any of his circle of friends. At least we're attempting to turn over every rock.

The thing you have to remember is that to some degree or another we are all talking out of our ***** here. We have such a tiny modicum of information compared to anyone actually involved in the process. We’re all mostly operating on vibes. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

So what's the difference between a "secondary coach" and a "defensive backs coach"?

I think it's just a title to reflect their salaries. I assume it goes something like this.

Safety coach > CB coach > Secondary coach > Defensive backs coach > Pass game coordinator > defensive coordinator.

Wilson really isn't a true "Ravens" guy, only been there a year. Greg Williams and Jonathon Gannon are his only notable DC's worked under before that. Last two years seem impressive from a DB performance and the players seem to love him. No idea what kind of scheme he's bringing. 

13 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Wilson really isn't a true "Ravens" guy, only been there a year. Greg Williams and Jonathon Gannon are his only notable DC's worked under before that. Last two years seem impressive from a DB performance and the players seem to love him. No idea what kind of scheme he's bringing. 

All I know is that the Eagles secondary fell off a cliff when he left. Not sure if that's more Gannon or Wilson but that's what initially caught my eye with him when this all started.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Those are the best candidates for me, the guys who have grown under different trees and are not tied to one scheme.

• Like 1