Boston College Head Coach Jeff Hafley is Packers New DC

2024 DC Search  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT to be the next DC?

• Jeff Hafley
    • Jim Leonhard
    • Wink Martindale
    • Ejiro Evero
    • Christian Parker
    • Zach Orr
    • Jesse Minter
    • Anthony Weaver
    • Chris Hewitt
    • Al Harris
    • Larry Foote
    • Aden Durde
    • Dennard Wilson
    • Aubrey Pleasant
    • Brandon Staley
    • Joe Barry
    • Bobby Babich
    • Mike Vrabel
    • Leslie Frazier
    • Chris Harris

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2024 at 01:07 AM

2 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Don't put too much stock in 3-4 vs. 4-3 when we're talking about the edges.  The only real difference is "you're not going to drop your edges into coverage very much" but that's not the sort of thing you want to do with Preston, Gary, LVN, etc.

The main difference in terms of the defensive front is "you're going to want to roster more off-ball linebackers" since there are times that you will want to play with three of those guys on the field at once.

Draft Edgerrin Cooper and let him cook 

• Like 3

Also amazing if you look at who he coached with Cleveland in 2014:

Bobby Babich was the assistant defensive backs coach and he was the DB coach

And Cleveland had two assistant DB coaches, the other was Aaron Glenn

And check this the Dline coach was Anthony Weaver

And the special coach was Chris Tabor and his assistant was none other than Shawn Mennenga!!!

• Like 1

back to single high and more man coverage. Gotta find some more S/ILB types. guys who can go sideline to sideline and play man.

Think we gotta find another plug besides Slaton. The Nose is gonna be eating a ton of doubles and 2 gaps..

Hell yeah our CBs are gonna be CBs again and not baby sat. thats a fun brand of ball.

• Like 1

Just now, HighCalebR said:

back to single high and more man coverage. Gotta find some more S/ILB types. guys who can go sideline to sideline and play man.

Think we gotta find another plug besides Slaton. The Nose is gonna be eating a ton of doubles and 2 gaps..

Hell yeah our CBs are gonna be CBs again and not baby sat. thats a fun brand of ball.

Probably gives Stokes the best chance of regaining himself and contributing next season. He needs to be a press-man system. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Alright. I'm genuinely impressed. This video is all I know about him so far but it's a great start.

Don't care! If I had a daughter in her 30's who was unmarried and lonely, I would not want her to marry this dude. He seems weird and short with no shoulders and he hangs out with MLF. 

21 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Don't put too much stock in 3-4 vs. 4-3 when we're talking about the edges.  The only real difference is "you're not going to drop your edges into coverage very much" but that's not the sort of thing you want to do with Preston, Gary, LVN, etc.

The main difference in terms of the defensive front is "you're going to want to roster more off-ball linebackers" since there are times that you will want to play with three of those guys on the field at once.

Could more even more attacking from DL one-gapping, too.

3 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Don't care! If I had a daughter in her 30's who was unmarried and lonely, I would not want her to marry this dude. He seems weird and short with no shoulders and he hangs out with MLF.