Justin Jefferson: Jets cleared for takeoff for 5 years (New contract! p.10)

vike daddy

1 hour ago, VikeManDan said:

Anyone tune into "Receiver" on Netflix yet? I haven't but am looking forward to it.

I have not yet...and it may be a little while before I make the time to do so. 

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

I watched the first 3 episodes last night. A few takeaways:

1. Jets seems like a really fun guy, and has an amazing support system around him in his family.
2. Mike Florio is full of hot air and didn't know anything about the contract negotiations or sitting out for the season at all. his credibility is just about gone and I now see him as purely an engagement farmer.
3. George Kittle is very funny, but is clearly performative because he knows the cameras are on. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

They didn’t even give JJ any time in episode one. Don’t matter how good you are, up against that small market minny vibe

Didn't they just split them up? From what I heard, Adams didn't get anything first episode either and they got episode 2?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

They did make a conscious decision to not include JJ in episode one, where they are trying to keep the casuals into actually viewing a 2nd episode.

It’s the most popular show on Netflix after one day, dude. Jefferson is a bigger star than anyone else on that show - they’re telling a couple of different stories and it seems like you’re projecting.

4 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

He's the only receiver in the NFL currently who could challenge Rice to be the very best. I 100% believe this.

The only thing stopping him is his health. He's proven himself to be QB-poof, and is just now beginning to enter his prime. He is already one of the best players I have ever seen...and is certainly already one of the greatest Vikings ever.  If he remains healthy, I think he could easily end up as one of the top 5 ever. Rice will be tough to catch, but if McCarthy pans out and the NFL continues to make it easier for the offense, I think he could challenge him also.

• Like 2

During the time that Jefferson was out [with a hamstring injury in 2023], O’Connell discussed how the team was embracing adversity as they were facing it week in and week out. Once Kirk Cousins got hurt and the season fully went off the rails, the Vikings coach found a silver lining.

The absence of Cousins from the team meant that Jefferson could show he could both be a leader of the team on the field and that he would be able to produce without top-level quarterback play.

He passed both tests with flying colors.

https://vikingswire.usatoday.com/lists/takeaways-netflix-series-receiver-justin-jefferson/?

• Like 2

On 7/11/2024 at 6:27 AM, VikeManDan said:

Anyone tune into "Receiver" on Netflix yet? I haven't but am looking forward to it.

i binged it over the weekend, and while it's always great to watch something football related, i felt it came off sort of flat. not nearly as engrossing as the Quarterback series.

Kittle is a buffoon, but then wants to be one. and the NFL has plenty of buffoon loving fans, so they have to give them red meat. which Kittle certainly did. the NFL also gave us lots (i'd say too much) camera time of his wife. also to draw in a larger audience, but how long will it be before we see a tv show of overly made up and fashioned entitled NFL wives in the luxury suites? these series are bordering on that.

Davante Adams' story was interesting to watch, but far from uplifting as it was one of him mostly dealing with disappointment. that of injuries, the dysfunctional Raiders, and he looking toward the ending part of his career. if he had played with Brady...? ooof. there's an Aaron Rodgers cameo too, blech.

Amon-Ra St. Brown has a very unique background. a German mother who taught him non English languages and a driving father who was a former Mr Universe. "Saint," as he's called, has a lot of poise and maturity. sees bigger pictures.

DEEEEEEBO might have had the most humane exposure of the show, dealing with being one of the three main cogs of the 49er offense yet being injured frequently and absorbing their Super Bowl losses, and really enjoying being a calm family man with his girlfriend and two young daughters. dude is as fast as anyone on the field, but built like a linebacker. 

Justin and Jets Jefferson comes off as the quietest and most reserved of the five receivers. he can be both goofy and cerebral. as Viking fans we definitely get some insight to him more personally. his parents are with him throughout and totally supportive and loving, as opposed to being demanding and pushy. he even has  chicken and waffles with them one morning. biggest surprise i learned about him? he lives in a townhouse, not a mansion, and drives a modest car. he's also the only receiver shown without a girlfriend or wife.

• Like 1

I'm 3 episodes in, I am enjoying it. Jets seems to have an extremely strong support network in his family and is certainly living a pretty average life aside from being an NFL superstar.

Kittle is a goofball but he seems like he'd be a great teammate/locker room guy.

ARSB is strong, I think he was repping 275 on bench with ease and seemed to be squatting a good amount as well.

Big Deebo fan, would've loved it if we had drafted him that year. I can't recall what our WR depth chart looked like.

Davante is very interesting to watch, I'm looking foward to his stuff the most aside from Jets.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

I'm 3 episodes in, I am enjoying it. Jets seems to have an extremely strong support network in his family and is certainly living a pretty average life aside from being an NFL superstar.

Kittle is a goofball but he seems like he'd be a great teammate/locker room guy.

ARSB is strong, I think he was repping 275 on bench with ease and seemed to be squatting a good amount as well.

Big Deebo fan, would've loved it if we had drafted him that year. I can't recall what our WR depth chart looked like.

Davante is very interesting to watch, I'm looking foward to his stuff the most aside from Jets.

I'm at the same point and enjoying it too. 

Davante is living up to this tweet.

https://x.com/CDCarter13/status/895632972715626497

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 7/15/2024 at 2:24 PM, vike daddy said:

Justin and Jets Jefferson comes off as the quietest and most reserved of the five receivers. he can be both goofy and cerebral. as Viking fans we definitely get some insight to him more personally. his parents are with him throughout and totally supportive and loving, as opposed to being demanding and pushy. he even has  chicken and waffles with them one morning. biggest surprise i learned about him? he lives in a townhouse, not a mansion, and drives a modest car. he's also the only receiver shown without a girlfriend or wife.

Minnesota Vikings wide receiver Justin Jefferson has been established as the father of a baby girl, according to an order issued by a family court judge in New Jersey.

That order, made by Judge Aldo J Russo on June 26, states that an 'interim child support obligation' has been agreed to between Jefferson and the child's mother, Andrea Galea. The specifics of that arrangement are not revealed in the judge's filing, which does go on to say that the parents 'shall attend private mediation.'

As reported in February, Galea accused Jefferson of pressuring her to abort the child after she became pregnant in 2023. His attorney at that time declined to comment about that accusation. Galea decided to have the child and gave birth to baby Stella in December, according to her paternity lawsuit.

In their counter claims filed in January, both Jefferson and Galea requested paternity testing. Galea also pushed for financial support and healthcare coverage from Jefferson, who has since signed a four-year, $140million deal with the Vikings that includes a reported $100m guaranteed. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/nfl/article-13636741/Justin-Jefferson-father-ex-girlfriends-baby-judge-rules-140m-NFL-star-accused-pressuring-abort-child.html

hopefully no one will post their views on abortion. not even post a view and then write something like, "I really shouldn't say this, so it will be the last thing I say on it."

Edited by vike daddy
  • Like 3