2024 Baltimore Ravens Transactions Tracker

$5 million isn't nearly enough in cap savings to justify cutting Andrews. But I think Monken needs to go into the offseason with an explicit plan to bring some of that Georgia magic into the offense and build around Andrews/Likely 2 TE sets as a staple. Shop in the middle of the market for a WR 2/3 - someone like Gabe Davis, Curtis Samuel, or Darnell Mooney - but put the onus on Bateman to follow in Queen's footsteps and make himself a bunch of money in his walk year after his 5th year option is declined. Keep Stanley given the cap savings aren't significant from cutting him, but draft a tackle early in the draft with an eye towards replacing Stanley after next season. 

Depending on the severity of Mitchell's injury, RB is either a huge need or a medium need, but I'd be shocked if we don't use at least a mid-round pick there in the draft. 

It looks like Jim Harbaugh is poaching Ravens director of player personnel Joe Hortiz.

That's weak IMO. I didn't think Jim was going to poach John's organization, I'd think Jim has his own people.

I don't want to see any sweetheart trades that big brother John gives Jim. F*ck that. They are an enemy organization that we should treat just like any other.

10 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

It looks like Jim Harbaugh is poaching Ravens director of player personnel Joe Hortiz.

That's weak IMO. I didn't think Jim was going to poach John's organization, I'd think Jim has his own people.

Hortiz is a guy that probably should've been hired as a GM 2-3 cycles ago. It was inevitable that we'd lose him.

Part of the reason the Ravens attract strong coaching and executive talent is because we can maximize their career opportunities. This is just how the league works. 

Also, having connections to another FO has typically only helped us in the past with facilitating trades or gathering intel. So it shouldn't be a cause for concern.

IIRC The last time Jim Harbaugh was in the NFL he flamed out with the 49ers because he lost a power struggle with their GM. Which would mean he probably prioritized finding a good guy who he knew wasn't a nefarious actor behind the scenes. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

I don't want to see any sweetheart trades that big brother John gives Jim. F*ck that. They are an enemy organization that we should treat just like any other.

it's a mutually beneficial relationship jim was the one who recommended macdonald i believe

16 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

5 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Hortiz is a guy that probably should've been hired as a GM 2-3 cycles ago. It was inevitable that we'd lose him.

Part of the reason the Ravens attract strong coaching and executive talent is because we can maximize their career opportunities. This is just how the league works. 

Also, having connections to another FO has typically only helped us in the past with facilitating trades or gathering intel. So it shouldn't be a cause for concern.

IIRC The last time Jim Harbaugh was in the NFL he flamed out with the 49ers because he lost a power struggle with their GM. Which would mean he probably prioritized finding a good guy who he knew wasn't a nefarious actor behind the scenes. 

21 minutes ago, RavensDefense3 said:

it's a mutually beneficial relationship jim was the one who recommended macdonald i believe

Yeah and to add to this, both will be rivals in taking down the Chiefs. So things they could use might be things we’re willing to part ways with and things we could use they might be willing to provide us for a fair value.

For example, Rashod Bateman would probably work very well with the Chargers offense and Justin Herbert, who throws better off anticipation.

Perhaps a mutual trade could take place. They get to upgrade their WRs without having to use as expensive draft assets and Hortiz would know what he brings to the table. Maybe fair value would look like:

Bateman
Ravens 2nd (62)

Chargers 2nd (37)
Chargers 4th (or conditional 2025 3rd)

Ravens get late 2nd round value for Bateman, Chargers get a talented WR option with experience and legit separation metrics after likely cutting Mike Williams (one they have intimate knowledge on), and Bateman gets a change of scenery.

The goal would be to replace Bateman with a different style of WR and then perhaps resign someone like Aghalor to be a veteran to the group. Maybe add another WR on day 3 that could compete on ST and within our depth.

20 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Yeah and to add to this, both will be rivals in taking down the Chiefs. So things they could use might be things we’re willing to part ways with and things we could use they might be willing to provide us for a fair value.

For example, Rashod Bateman would probably work very well with the Chargers offense and Justin Herbert, who throws better off anticipation.

Perhaps a mutual trade could take place. They get to upgrade their WRs without having to use as expensive draft assets and Hortiz would know what he brings to the table. Maybe fair value would look like:

Bateman
Ravens 2nd (62)

Chargers 2nd (37)
Chargers 4th (or conditional 2025 3rd)

Ravens get late 2nd round value for Bateman, Chargers get a talented WR option with experience and legit separation metrics after likely cutting Mike Williams (one they have intimate knowledge on), and Bateman gets a change of scenery.

The goal would be to replace Bateman with a different style of WR and then perhaps resign someone like Aghalor to be a veteran to the group. Maybe add another WR on day 3 that could compete on ST and within our depth.

Bateman absolutely needs to go somewhere and get a fresh start. It's clear he's a talented WR, but this just isn't working for him and the chemistry between him and Lamar is non-existent.

If I have to watch another All-22 cutup of this guy running crazy routes and getting open just for Lamar to throw to Nelson Agholor I might scream.

• Like 1

I'd rather see if the Chargers would trade for Andrews. I love the guy just like everyone else but trading him would free up more cap space so if they'd be willing to give up their 2nd round pick you have to make that trade.

Edited by BareYourTeeth
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

No way we should trade Bateman. He's by far our No. 2 WR on the roster! And Zay is no. 1 but he's hardly prototypical regarding size.

Uhhhh he is definitely not "by far" our No. 2 WR. Maybe on paper, but not in real life.

Agholor - 35 | 381 | 4 (45 targets)

OBJ - 35 | 565 | 3 (64 targets)

Bateman - 32 | 367 | 1 (56 targets)

In real life he's our WR4 lmao

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Uhhhh he is definitely not "by far" our No. 2 WR. Maybe on paper, but not in real life.

Agholor - 35 | 381 | 4 (45 targets)

OBJ - 35 | 565 | 3 (64 targets)

Bateman - 32 | 367 | 1 (56 targets)

In real life he's our WR4 lmao

I meant going into 2024. OBJ and Agholor are free agents.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BareYourTeeth said:

I'd rather see if the Chargers would trade for Andrews. I love the guy just like everyone else but trading him would free up more cap space so if they'd be willing to give up their 2nd round pick you have to make that trade.

No. Andrews is actually a good blocker and our second best blocker well behind Ricard. Isaiah Likely is below average as a blocker and Kolar is average to above average.

Then you enter durability into the fold for the TE position and you want two really good TEs if you can have it.

If anything if a team is willing to give up a 2nd round pick for Likely than you bite on that deal knowing you’ve got Kolar and Ricard as depth.

And to be clear I’m not saying I would trade Likely, I wouldn’t, because he’s shown to have chemistry with Lamar and I’m sure there’s a way we can build an offense where both Likely and Andrews both can eat with something like 1500+ total receiving yards and 15+ TDs between the two of them.

We could run a ton of 12 and 22 personnel, not to mention we could rotate them to keep them fresh so they can go all out as blockers and consistently run routes at 100% with no drawbacks.

Whereas conversely Lamar and Bateman have zero chemistry and trust. Could it develop still? Sure. But at this point, if we can cut our losses and get good value and reset the WR clock at little cap cost that makes the most sense IMO.

Edited by diamondbull424

11 hours ago, coordinator0 said:

That $5 million opened up by cutting or trading Andrews is far, far too small of a sum to consider doing either of things. It's lunacy. We can't be getting rid of pass-catchers that Lamar trusts. Especially one as good as Mark. 

The counter is that the offense was just as good if not better with Likely as starter.

Also we have to consider that Andrews might be slowing down. Sometimes its better to get rid of a guy one year too early than one year too late.

• Like 1