Will the Ravens ever win the Superbowl with Lamar Jackson?

Slingin' Sammy

3 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

As opposed to missing those throws inside and getting them picked? lol

He was average yesterday. That's exactly what he was. He made enough plays to win that game tbh

An underthrown deep ball is a great way to draw PI or allows the WR to make a play. When you consistently overthrow them there is no positive. So yeah, when there is no safety help I'd much rather Lamar miss short over long. At least then, there can be a positive outcome versus a guaranteed incompletion. 

And I don't really agree with that. The defense was extraordinary which is why it seemed like he made enough plays to win. 

Edited by LeotheLion

25 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

@Ray Reed

Are you really gonna talk crap about a guy that just won the Super Bowl and carried the offense? Like really? Is this the best you got? In one playoff run he doubled Lamar’s career total. He lost by 1 point on the road that had the best team in the NFC on the ropes with the second youngest roster in the nfl. Like use your head brother. He also went to Bal and smacked you guys around and was dropping Dimes. Took yall to
OT and a missed holding call on the punt return. But yes brother him. 

Matthew Stafford has a passer rating of 101.7 with 2,463 yards, 15 touchdowns and 6 interceptions in 8 games in the playoffs in his career.

Lamar Jackson has a passer rating of 75.7 with 1,324 yards, 6 touchdowns and 6 interceptions in 6 games in the playoffs in his career.

The guy that actually shows up when it matters most. yes brother the guy with the ring. 

Stafford has played like 15 years and has won 4 playoff games lil bro. He had 1 run. Congrats! Dudes a significantly less accomplished post season QB than Joe Flacco (11 playoff wins). I promise you Lamar will end up with more than 4 playoff wins 💀

If anything Stafford should be an example of how Lamar could get hot and win one. Stafford had 0 success for a decade + then had 1 run. All it takes is 1 run.

The Rams have stunk the better part of two decades. Hopefully y’all can find another guy to give you all a fluke run. My $ is on no tho. Enjoy the next 2 decades of irrelevance 

Edited by Ray Reed

11 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

The goal line fumble was completely preventable, and a classic rookie mistake. Also blatant? I think he blatantly threw into triple coverage personally, and shouldn’t be rewarded for that lol

i think the tripping Hill did on Chris Jones inside the endzone was pretty blatant and should’ve been an automatic safety and a chiefs possession instead of a Lamar march down the field. But hey it all evens itself out at the end of the day.

The goal line fumble just happens, it was a tremendous play by Sneed and if he doesn't chop it out that's a touchdown. 99% of the time the guy scores, this was the 1% where a defender made a great play.

And yeah, the safety tackled Likely well before the ball was intercepted but again it was a horrible throw. No arguing on the Justice Hill tripping call either.

I'm not here to blame the refs in any way. I do think Baltimore got what we all expected in terms of officiating, but it didn't decide or significantly impact the game. The offense straight up stunk because we decided to play weakness vs. strength for 60 minutes against the ******* Chiefs!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ray Reed said:

Stafford has played like 15 years and has won 4 playoff games lil bro. He had 1 run. Congrats! Dudes a significantly less accomplished post season QB than Joe Flacco (11 playoff wins). I promise you Lamar will end up with more than 4 playoff wins 💀

If anything Stafford should be an example of how Lamar could get hot and win one. Stafford had 0 success for a decade + then had 1 run. All it takes is 1 run.

The Rams have stunk the better part of two decades. Hopefully y’all can find another guy to give you all a fluke run. My $ is on no tho. Enjoy the next 2 decades of irrelevance 

Damm those hot takes 😂 brother 😂 

lamar gets 2 wins every 6 years. So you can get at me in 2030. I hope Lamar Prescott is still around by then. 

IMG-0748.jpg

idc staff ever had a team loaded Ike Bal. Man poor Odell. Didn’t use him. 

Edited by El Ramster

11 minutes ago, Towerbridge said:

Plot twist: Stafford is Montana, Marino, Mahomes wrapped up into 1 compared to Lamar as a pocket passer

Thought I was watching Tyrod Taylor last night. 

bornskywalker-dap-me-up.gif

I thought my mans gonna go full Kapernick vs GB. You feel me? I was like man the ravens fans gonna be on me Ike scared straight. They gonna throw DVOA and the whole dvd on my head. 

charlie-murphy.gif

Edited by El Ramster

Lamar is dangerous enough that I can see him go on a run and win a SB. However, I don't think he or the current makeup of the team is consistent enough to establish any real staying power. There will be mediocre years, and good years, and like I said maybe it comes together for a win. I extremely doubt more than one.

2 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Doing just fine. The Ravens will continue to play deep into the playoffs for the foreseeable future, and you’ll continue to watch them after the Rams have been eliminated. Such is life

For yesterday I blame

-Not running the ball for whatever reason

-Lamar 

-Zay fumble

In that order 

"Continue"? I mean, maybe, but their track record says otherwise: Since their SB win over a decade ago, they've only won 3 playoff games, and this was their first return to the AFCCG. Not exactly consistent deep playoff runs.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DannyB said:

"Continue"? I mean, maybe, but their track record says otherwise: Since their SB win over a decade ago, they've only won 3 playoff games, and this was their first return to the AFCCG. Not exactly consistent deep playoff runs.

Lamar has finished a season healthy 4 seasons in his career so far. 2 of those seasons led to the #1 seed, 1 of those seasons led to them getting to the divisional round as an 11-5 WC team, and the other was his rookie year when he went 6-1 as a starter and won the division. 

3/4 of his healthy seasons reached at least the divisional round.

If Lamar stays healthy the Ravens are in the playoff mix every single year. It is what it is. All about keeping him healthy 

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Talented... at the skill positions on offense?

What does he need the most talented team in league history to win it all? The best defense in the league and a top 5 OL isn't enough? They got rid of Greg Roman, they drafted a WR in the first round and they signed OBJ so don't act like the Ravens didn't try to get him help.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Lamar has finished a season healthy 4 seasons in his career so far. 2 of those seasons led to the #1 seed, 1 of those seasons led to them getting to the divisional round as an 11-5 WC team, and the other was his rookie year when he went 6-1 as a starter and won the division. 

3/4 of his healthy seasons reached at least the divisional round.

If Lamar stays healthy the Ravens are in the playoff mix every single year. It is what it is. All about keeping him healthy 

Oh, "playoff mix"? Yes, I'd agree with that.

1 minute ago, DannyB said:

Oh, "playoff mix"? Yes, I'd agree with that.

Yeah idk if you define the divisional round as deep run or not. To me being in the final 4 of your conference constitutes that terminology but obv if you’re defining deep run as conf champ game or better yeah we’ve only done that once with Lamar 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, StatKing said:
1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Talented... at the skill positions on offense?

What does he need the most talented team in league history to win it all? The best defense in the league and a top 5 OL isn't enough? They got rid of Greg Roman, they drafted a WR in the first round and they signed OBJ so don't act like the Ravens didn't try to get him help.

All this might be true, but let's not try to paint an offense with a rookie #1 WR, afterthoughts at 2/3, a RB rotation of Justice Hill and Gus Edwards as "talented". Your original response was to his QB rating - top 3 - was due to the talent on the team. Here, let's go back:

2 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

Given his limitations, how is it that he is able to be top-3 in passer rating during the regular season? You'd think NFL defenses with much more sophisticated scouting departments would be able to consistently shut him down.

Your response:

2 hours ago, StatKing said:

He's an incredible athlete and he's on one of the most talented teams in the league. Really not that hard to figure out.

Be specific, what talent on that side of the ball contributed the most to that top 3 passer rating? We're not arguing "winning it all" (at least I'm not - and neither were you in your response to Angus) we're specifically going after the point of Lamar having a top 3 passer rating and how you're of the belief it's because of Zay Flowers, Odell Beckham Jr, Rashod Bateman, Justice Hill and a half dose of Mark Andrews/Isaiah Likely.

You yourself said it's not hard to figure out, so please - enlighten us.

• Like 2