Will the Ravens ever win the Superbowl with Lamar Jackson?

Slingin' Sammy

2 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

He couldn't get it done with the #1 defense in the NFL holding Reid and Mahomes to 17 points.  Hard to argue he will ever have a better shot than this year.

He?

If not for Flowers fumbling at the #1, the Ravens are very much in this game and likely not forcing it into the endzone the whole 4th quarter.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Got it, so Lamar won't succeed because of one trait that you don't think he has, but you cannot provide any evidence that he doesn't have it nor demonstrate that the trait is required to win a Super Bowl. 

He hasn't done it ever. He's not that type of QB. It's not specific to.Jackson. it's an inherent trait of QB who are used to their legs getting them out of anything. When he has to stand in a collapsing pocket and take the whole game in his arm, not an individual play, I don't think he can do it. I haven't seen that in him to this point and it seems to be a common failure in QB who are used to using their legs like that. I don't care what he's done in spots vs the blitz or even pressure. I don't think he can handle a team who can do that to him. 

Again it's not just Jackson. But if you can force a running QB into being one dimensional and beat you with their arm you are almost always in great shape.

2 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

He?

If not for Flowers fumbling at the #1, the Ravens are very much in this game and likely not forcing it into the endzone the whole 4th quarter.

Yes he.  He had what 60 yards passing in the 1st half? His 1st half play got them behind the 8-ball.  Then needing a TD and a FG in the 4th qtr while in FG range he made the decision to throw into triple coverage.  People want to pump Lamar like he had a good game...he didn't.  End of the day the offense scored 10 pts and that largely falls on his shoulders.  They deserved to lose that game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spilltray said:

He hasn't done it ever. He's not that type of QB. It's not specific to.Jackson. it's an inherent trait of QB who are used to their legs getting them out of anything. When he has to stand in a collapsing pocket and take the whole game in his arm, not an individual play, I don't think he can do it. I haven't seen that in him to this point and it seems to be a common failure in QB who are used to using their legs like that. I don't care what he's done in spots vs the blitz or even pressure. I don't think he can handle a team who can do that to him. 

Again it's not just Jackson. But if you can force a running QB into being one dimensional and beat you with their arm you are almost always in great shape.

Ah, it's inherent. Now we're getting closer to the motivations behind your reasoning.

If you're argument is that Lamar isn't good in a collapsing pocket, how do you think he had the best grade under pressure according to PFF as of Jan. 2 in 2023? (Dak may have overtaken him in the last week) I just don't really understand how you square your argument against the facts.

You are saying he's bad against a collapsing pocket, yet demonstrated for a full regular season to be very good at it. You say "I haven't seen that in him to this point," are you saying you haven't watched any Lamar Jackson in 2023 until the past playoff game?

https://ebonybird.com/posts/baltimore-ravens-quarterback-lamar-jackson-handle-pressure-2023#:~:text=One big area where he,being second-highest at 76.2.

4 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Ah, it's inherent. Now we're getting closer to the motivations behind your reasoning.

If you're argument is that Lamar isn't good in a collapsing pocket, how do you think he had the best grade under pressure according to PFF as of Jan. 2 in 2023? (Dak may have overtaken him in the last week) I just don't really understand how you square your argument against the facts.

You are saying he's bad against a collapsing pocket, yet demonstrated for a full regular season to be very good at it. You say "I haven't seen that in him to this point," are you saying you haven't watched any Lamar Jackson in 2023 until the past playoff game?

https://ebonybird.com/posts/baltimore-ravens-quarterback-lamar-jackson-handle-pressure-2023#:~:text=One big area where he,being second-highest at 76.2.

I'm not talking individual plays. I'm talking a game where the run game is off the table and he just has to drop back and sling it 40+ times. I don't think he can be that type of QB.

Spagz clearly has a blueprint to deal with Lamar. Constant blitz, make him quickly process plays instead of patting the ball and making a calculated decision. Never make him comfortable and get them out of running the football by getting some TFLs. Contain, contain, contain and sticky coverage 

• Like 2

He will but its hard to win a Superbowl. It took Stafford a very long time to win his first one. Rivers never won a Superbowl.

I just feel like Lamar is too talented and the Ravens organization is too well ran for them not to continue to get more cracks at it for Lamar not to win. Of course the key is Lamar staying healthy and continuing to develop as a passer. Also continue to get him receivers. Flowers is a really good receiver that will only get better. OBJ wasnt the guy they signed up for. He had no impact in these playoffs. They will need to go get another receiver. Go get a vet but someone that will be impactful and that guy is D-Hop. And then go get a back to replace Dobbins who cant stay healthy and is set to be a free agent and just hope that backs stays healthy. 

But yeah I do think Lamar will win a Superbowl with the Ravens. And when he does he will be the Superbowl MVP. 

The reason why this is funny is somehow, as great as Lamar Jackson is and how so many other QBs lack, Lamar Jackson is the only one who “still needs to prove himself”

He’s gotten further in the playoffs than Josh Allen. He’s gotten further in the playoffs than almost any other starting QB in the league, but he’s the only one where this is the narrative.

1 minute ago, spilltray said:

I'm not talking individual plays. I'm talking a game where the run game is off the table and he just has to drop back and sling it 40+ times. I don't think he can be that type of QB.

OK, but there have been plenty of Super Bowls won by QBs who never had to sling it 40+ times in a playoff game.

And just this season he threw 43 times vs the Rams to put up 37 points to win the game.

In 2021 he had three games with over 40 attempts, and he went 2-1 scoring 31+ points in the two wins.

You are writing as if you have no actual knowledge of Lamar's history or career.

1 minute ago, TOUCAN said:

The reason why this is funny is somehow, as great as Lamar Jackson is and how so many other QBs lack, Lamar Jackson is the only one who “still needs to prove himself”

He’s gotten further in the playoffs than Josh Allen. He’s gotten further in the playoffs than almost any other starting QB in the league, but he’s the only one where this is the narrative.

I mean Josh Allen still has plenty to prove too, dude didn’t even make a pro bowl last season,  and his team isn’t anywhere near as good as Lamar’s so it’s even more on his shoulders.

6 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Spagz clearly has a blueprint to deal with Lamar. Constant blitz, make him quickly process plays instead of patting the ball and making a calculated decision. Never make him comfortable and get them out of running the football by getting some TFLs. Contain, contain, contain and sticky coverage 

I think Reid and Spags enjoy the fact that they can run circles around Harbaugh when it comes to Xs and Os.

2 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

I mean Josh Allen still has plenty to prove too, dude didn’t even make a pro bowl last season,  and his team isn’t anywhere near as good as Lamar’s so it’s even more on his shoulders.

The media doesn’t go after Josh Allen’s lows like they go after Lamar Jackson’s lows. That’s the point of what I’m saying here.

Just now, AngusMcFife said:

I think Reid and Spags enjoy the fact that they can run circles around Harbaugh when it comes to Xs and Os.

Reid loves doing that to all his protégés, he don’t let any of them get a win when it counts. You know Chiefs players work extra hard to make sure OG Reid is the best coach in the league.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TOUCAN said:

The media doesn’t go after Josh Allen’s lows like they go after Lamar Jackson’s lows. That’s the point of what I’m saying here.

I agree, and I don’t understand it besides JA being the last Great White Hope. The amount of slobbering he gets for losing to Mahomes in the playoffs is truly incredible