Super Bowl: San Francisco 49ers vs Kansas City Chiefs

29 minutes ago, Forge said:

So don't even try? 

Sorry, that's just a dumb take. 

Not saying don't try but at some point a rebuild is on the horizon as the cap catches up to you. I don't even think the Niners cap situation allows them do much as far as improvements go since they went all in the last 2 seasons. This was supposed to finally be the year but if not now then when?

If they really step backwards next season then you really have to consider a rebuild b/c there's no sense keeping the band together if they aren't going anywhere.

5 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

Not saying don't try but at some point a rebuild is on the horizon as the cap catches up to you. I don't even think the Niners cap situation allows them do much as far as improvements go since they went all in the last 2 seasons. This was supposed to finally be the year but if not now then when?

If they really step backwards next season then you really have to consider a rebuild b/c there's no sense keeping the band together if they aren't going anywhere.

Until the 49ers stop winning games no need to break it up. 49ers need to continue to add young cheap talent and hope they hit on them. Brock Purdy still on a cheap deal for at least one more season. Build some depth pieces and try to make another run. It's all you can do right now. 

Edited by 49erurtaza
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

As much as that sucks that the 49ers seem to not be prepared. I'm not sure it matters as much as the 49ers offense just couldn't do anything in 3rd quarter.  Once the game was tied it really can go anyway. Especially since our defense was not going to stop Mahomes from scoring a TD in OT. 

9 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Until the 49ers stop winning games no need to break it up. 49ers need to continue to add young cheap talent and hope they hit on them. Brock Purdy still on a cheap deal for at least one more season. Build some depth pieces and try to make another run. It's all you can do right now. 

Well the major moves that have kept a SB trophy out of the Niners hands since 2017 go as follows a) Not drafting Patrick Mahomes in 2017 with #3 pick b) not signing Tom Brady in 2020 when he wanted to play for them and c) trading away 3 firsts for Trey Lance.

You make you're own beds in this league and it will catch up to you as still digging out of a hole from past mistakes. Only so many chances you get and only so many gut wrenching defeats you can take before it's all done. Look at the Falcons since they blew a 28-3 lead in the SB? They had an MVP QB and only 1 playoff appearance since but were still considered as SB contender for years to come after the blown lead.

11 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

As much as that sucks that the 49ers seem to not be prepared. I'm not sure it matters as much as the 49ers offense just couldn't do anything in 3rd quarter.  Once the game was tied it really can go anyway. Especially since our defense was not going to stop Mahomes from scoring a TD in OT. 

If you would have told me before the game that we would hold Mahomes & Reid to only 3 points at halftime, I would have said it's no way we lose in that scenario.

Then if you tell me that Mahomes throws a int coming out of halftime, putting us in excellent field position to at least get three points, I would have probably doubled-down on that take.

That game was ours for the taking and we fumbled it (literally & figuratively) away.

I cant fault the defense too much.

They were outstanding for three quarters, and solid in the fourth.

I thought Reid was going to shred our D from start to finish but they played like their talent level warranted for four quarters.

Offensively is where most of my disdain is tilted towards.

42 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Don't care about this unless Kyle didn't know the rules lol. 

Hardman said after his td that he didn't know the rules either. 

• Like 2

I'm most disappointed in Kyle. He had a bad game as HC/OC. My biggest issue was those 6 pass plays in the 2nd half. You have the best RB/OPOTY with a lead in the SB. There was no reason to put all that weight solo on your QB.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Forge said:

That may have been a factor in the loss lol 

I mean yes, but the coverage numbers are not going to look great for our LBs in a game like this when everything was thrown underneath with the type of coverages we were throwing out. Burks just did not have the speed to match up in coverage against the Chiefs backs and TEs obviously.

This is a game where you needed Hufanga or Greenlaw to make that one game clinching play at the end. Sucks. 

Just now, sherm said:

I'm most disappointed in Kyle. He had a bad game as HC/OC. My biggest issue was those 6 pass plays in the 2nd half. You have the best RB/OPOTY with a lead in the SB. There was no reason to put all that weight solo on your QB.

We were facing 2nd and 15 and 2nd and 18. Problem was how we failed on first down. 

• Like 1

Sigh. Here at school, still wearing my 9ers jacket. Several students looked at me like I was crazy and asked "Why?"  I said it's because I am no fair weather fan. Just because they lost doesn't mean I'm not a fan anymore. They didn't seem to know what to do with that information....  Most are bandwagoners, big time. 

Very disappointing. So many mistakes and most of them made by the players. I believe if CMC doesn't fumble, we're looking at a statement drive and possibly a dominant performance. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

Failed on first down b/c they didn't run the ball with CMC! 

Sure, I mean we got stuffed the next time he got a rush on first down. But yes, I called to run on first down as well. The six straight passes didn't happen by design.