Senior Bowl 2024 Updates

goldfishwars

On 2/1/2024 at 1:22 PM, Daniel said:

After it came out that the Titans interviewed him and he was getting some hype early on, I went and watched a couple of his games and was not impressed.  For a boxer, he has some awfully soft punches.  Really slow and plodding mover in space too, every time he pulls or tries to get to the second level, he doesn't get there fast enough to actually lock up on his guy, it seems.

Don't think he's more than a Day 3 guy, and there are Day 3 guys who show more traits than he does IMO.  Christian Jones, Anthony Belton, and Javon Foster all show more promise as developmental guys IMO.

I see a waist-bender, and that saps people's strength right out.

I believe he is only hyped because he is working with Manyweather, and that cures a lot of OL ills.

So was Kalen King that bad at the Senior Bowl?  I watched the one on one CB/WR drills and all the ones he was in it seemed he got turned around and totally is not even close to the WR or was beat completely.

I thought he was pretty promising on Penn State and one of the better CBs possibly but he looked bad in those drills.  Maybe that Penn State D was great because of that front 7 not so much because of the CB play or DB play.  

Gray and Wallace sure did make a lot of plays at LB in the game and Bailey I was impressed with his burst and how slipper he was as a back.  But this is a very deep class, you could get a quality back no question in every round potentially assuming not a ton of them go in each round....There is a reason RBs cannot get paid, they can be replaced so easily in most cases unless they are a game changer in the passing game with WR skills from the RB position.  If they are just a power back that runs hard and has a burst, yeah those guys are around...

19 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Yup. Gonna need to run 4.3 just to get back into round 3 at this point.

How did he do that poorly, it was all the system at Penn State or what, he was never that bad on the field at Penn State.  It must have been that front seven was so great, it made him and the other DBs look good.  

Cedric Gray is a top 5 rated defensive player for me. Super clean. Unspectacular, but reminds me a lot of Demeco Ryans. Insanely smart and fast to diagnose. Enough size to thump. Enough speed to cover tackle to tackle. Elite in run fits. Not bad in zone coverage. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Ozzy said:

How did he do that poorly, it was all the system at Penn State or what, he was never that bad on the field at Penn State.  It must have been that front seven was so great, it made him and the other DBs look good.  

All-star practices are not real football, and the drills are rigged for the WR.

Some react better than others to that. King did not adapt, adjust, and overcome. But he might be fine in a system with help and communications and normal football things.

But if you draft a cb in rd 1 you prolly expect them to be functional on an island, so I do not expect a team to trust him that much anymore.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Ozzy said:

He was great last year, not so much this. Not sure what's going on with him tbh, was continually dunked on at the SB.

1 hour ago, Towerbridge said:

Why did Kentucky only list him at 220? He looks way bigger than that in photos

Some schools never update freshman weights. Other schools put the height and weight that makes the player and the school look good.

I pay no attention to what the school says.

• Like 4

On 2/5/2024 at 8:44 PM, Jeezla said:

Yup. Gonna need to run 4.3 just to get back into round 3 at this point.

I still think he can be a good player, I would love to bring him to the Browns and compete for a CB 4 spot and get the confidence he has from 2 years ago back.