The Commanders Head Coaching Thread - Commanders hire Dan Quinn, Dallas Cowboys DC

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

I just keep telling myself it can't be Dan Quinn.

Adam and Josh got caught with their pants down having a very limited field to choose from. 
Just curious why Seattle hasn’t made any decisions yet on their head coach. 
We better make a decision soon while there’s still a top candidate available. 

5 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Adam and Josh got caught with their pants down having a very limited field to choose from. 
Just curious why Seattle hasn’t made any decisions yet on their head coach. 
We better make a decision soon while there’s still a top candidate available. 

Seattle knows Quinn better than anyone else. If he was a great coach they wouldn't have hesitated. 

Let’s just not field a coach next year. Magic Johnson will handle it, and we’ll come back next offseason when maybe these sissies will feel like they’re grown up enough to be head coaches. 

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, offbyone said:

To me this whole thing is a huge black eye for Harris and his search committee.  They targeted Johnson like it was a done deal but he didn't even take the in person interview.  They should have at least had a clue this was a strong possibility after the first interview.  Harris and company failed to read the room. 

You will know they really blew it if they start interviewing new candidates.  If we end up with Quinn I am going to be pissed.

I’m still not convinced that Ben Johnson was the actual primary target.  

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

Hopefully tomorrow we know something. What bothers me the most is while I’m glad they’re taking their time who is down in Mobile? Our scouts? Like Peter’s needs to be in Mobile. Mobile is a hot bed for players hitting in the draft due too time and things you learn about a player down there. I’m happy we got our guy in the GM hire but with him having to rely on a staff he hasn’t worked with this is a critical event too be missing. Especially when some of the best players they’ve picked at his last stop came from this event!! I don’t care about Johnson. That’s on him. But this team needs to hit it out the park this offseason on every asset they possibly can. The lack of urgency on this coaching search I think has me thinking it’s more likely they’re trading back. Too not have a big contingent and your HC in Mobile is really crazy too me. The seniorbowl is priceless time for teams and players. And there are juniors like King my top CB prospect. Idk this is just worrying me. Get your guy and get down there!!!

This is an extreme overreaction.  Peters was going to be working with the front office staff including scouts through the draft anyway.  And he’s got Martin Mayhew that he worked with in San Francisco, who knows what Peters is going to be looking for and is more than competent to lead our contingent while Peters is focused on the head coaching interviews.  

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I just keep telling myself it can't be Dan Quinn.

I don't know lavar as someone recently pointed out, you have been awfully positive.  Dan Quinn might just be the medicine you need to get back on track :)

• Like 1

Ben Standig

Text from a high-ranking league source about what Commanders should do: "It is easy in my mind.  Hire Vrabel!!! He is the best guy on the market and I don't think it is close."

Right or not, Washington is not known to have shown interest. Curious why Vrabel remains unsigned.

I feel if MM isn’t in play, hire Vrabel. 

• Like 1