The Commanders Head Coaching Thread - Commanders hire Dan Quinn, Dallas Cowboys DC

Just gonna say it, I loved the press conference. Hated the hire but warming up to it slowly. This feels different. Feels like the team is actually a professional operation and has a real direction. Still bummed about Ben Johnson and wished that would’ve worked out but I also wasn’t as thrilled with the idea of MacDonald as others.

I wanted Harbaugh first and Ben Johnson second and when neither of those came to fruition I didn’t really care so I’m going to give Quinn the benefit of the doubt and hope like hell he’s the guy who pulls us out of the abyss. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Just gonna say it, I loved the press conference. Hated the hire but warming up to it slowly. This feels different. Feels like the team is actually a professional operation and has a real direction. Still bummed about Ben Johnson and wished that would’ve worked out but I also wasn’t as thrilled with the idea of MacDonald as others.

I wanted Harbaugh first and Ben Johnson second and when neither of those came to fruition I didn’t really care so I’m going to give Quinn the benefit of the doubt and hope like hell he’s the guy who pulls us out of the abyss. 

I’ve just grown so tired of bitching about this team. DQ is the new HC, wasn’t my first choice either but let’s see what happens. We have a new owner and an actual GM which is a plus, let’s move forward and hope for the best. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, lavar703 said:

With a new owner and a GM, this hire just feels different to me.  I’m giving it the benefit of the doubt, but they were very open about their search and not wanting to deviate from The Process, even for that.  

I’m confident that there is a plan that we haven’t had since Beathard/Casserly happening in the front office now.  And seeing how that drastically changed the trajectory of the Orioles in 2019, I’m all on board.  

• Like 1

I’m actually happy with this hire. When he left Seattle I wanted him. I think what is the best part is as he said he’s had experience success and he had a downfall to Chanel the lessons. Quinn is a respected coach and he is filling out a great staff so far and I’m excited. We still need to coach the guys we have and develop the guys we add. But as I said before Quinn is a really good hire. And we all know I wanted Johnson but this guy is a hell of a coach

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Coaching hires so far:

HC    Dan Quinn

OC    Kliff Kingsbury

DC    Joe Whitt Jr

ST     Larry Izzo 

?       Brian Johnson

QC    Tavita Pritchard

DPC Jason Simmons 

Tavita Pritchard. QC, Quality Control .. QB coach, must be typo .

10 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I’m actually happy with this hire. When he left Seattle I wanted him. I think what is the best part is as he said he’s had experience success and he had a downfall to Chanel the lessons. Quinn is a respected coach and he is filling out a great staff so far and I’m excited. We still need to coach the guys we have and develop the guys we add. But as I said before Quinn is a really good hire. And we all know I wanted Johnson but this guy is a hell of a coach

He also did an amazing job building Dallas’s defense. I believe the D he inherited what the worst in the NFL. And then, Quinn developed that D into a Super Bowl caliber D.

I’m hoping he & Whitt can do the same for our D within 3 years.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I’ve heard Brian Johnson is going to be the WR coach but I don’t think that s been announced yet.

I saw that somewhere also but it was reported that it would be a prominent role. WR Coach doesn’t sound like it falls under being that prominent. Who knows. I guess we’ll find out soon enough. 

• Like 1