Where do you rank Russell Wilson All-Time?

MaddHatter

RW All-Time Ranking  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you rank RW?

• Top 10 - 1st Ballot HOFer
    • Top 20 - HOF Lock
    • Top 50 - Likely HOFer
    • Borderline HOFer
    • Top 100 but not a HOFer

RW had a great career, won a SB, almost won a 2nd, had some really good stats in the regular season and in the post-season.  He was typically a borderline Top 5 guy playing against guys like Peyton, Rodgers, Brady, Brees and Mahommes.  On an All-Time scale, where do you rank him?

Consistently in playoffs, Pro Bowler 9 out of 12 seasons, two Super Bowl appearances with one win, played in every game up until the last three seasons where he missed two games in each, clutch as evidenced by 31-comebacks and 39 game winning drives.

Top 20 QB all time for me taking into account longevity, efficiency, wins, performances late in games, and era being the most competitive to date.

Somewhere between borderline and HoVG. No All-Pros, no MVPs, never an elite QB where he was the best/debatably the best at his position. More of a light accumulator with good efficiency. 

I wouldn’t vote him in. No idea where I’d put him all-time.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Soko said:

Somewhere between borderline and HoVG. No All-Pros, no MVPs, never an elite QB where he was the best/debatably the best at his position. More of a light accumulator with good efficiency. 

I wouldn’t vote him in. No idea where I’d put him all-time.

Who would you put in the hall first, Stafford or Wilson?

For me, Russell was in that "Very Good, but never Great" category.  He was never in the conversation for an All-Pro or MVP - he was always 4th-5th even in his best seasons during a generation of great talents.  If Pete hands it off to Lynch instead of throwing from the goal line and the Seahawks win, I imagine Russell is a HOFer in the same way that Eli Manning is, but with a much, much better with his regular and post-season stats far surpassing Eli's.  With only 1 SB Win, no AP All-Pros and no MVP's, he's - at best - a borderline HOFer to me.  

As for @Forge 's question about Stafford or Wilson - Russell for sure at this point.  Granted, Stafford was on the Lions for much of his career and never had great coaches, great OL (neither did RW), a great D, or weapons outside of Calvin Johnson, but even when he went to LA, he wasn't "great" and even led the league in INT's.  Russ was always great at protecting the ball.  With 3 less years in the league, Russ has almost the same amount of TDs but nearly half the INT's of Stafford.  Stafford also has ~13k more yards (4200/yr advantage) but Russ' INT% of 1.9 is pretty dang good, esp compared to Stanford's 2.4.  Russell also did it with a constant mishmash of OL and SEA never really invested in it, but he had the strong run game of Lynch for a good part of his career and a constant rotation of decent-to-good weapons.  If I'm being honest, both are borderline at best to me.

Edited by MaddHatter

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Who would you put in the hall first, Stafford or Wilson?

Honestly, wouldn’t vote either, if I had the choice. They’re kinda opposite in terms of bulk vs efficiency. Russ has the PBs. Also more postseason appearances, but Stafford was in the worse situation. Stafford’s probably got the best season, but like, 2/3-7 are probably Russ. It’s a good question.

I’d definitely say no to both, but if I was forced to put one in, I’d go Stafford because I think he peaked higher and did enough with the other seasons even if he wasn’t consistently there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Xmad said:

Russel Wilson is easily a hall of famer if phillip rivers and big ben are. 

I can understand putting Big Ben in because of his two SBs, but for me Rivers shouldn't be in, just like Wilson and Stafford aren't HOF either. They're all very good QBs, but they never were top 3 at their position and the Hall is for special players, not good players who played for 10 years+. Not even sure I would put Big Ben in now that you mention it

8 hours ago, Xmad said:

Russel Wilson is easily a hall of famer if phillip rivers and big ben are. 

Rivers ain’t a HOFer. Ben and Eli likely are because of their SB rings but guys like Rivers and Romo aren’t going near the HOF

9 hours ago, MaddHatter said:

Rivers ain’t a HOFer. Ben and Eli likely are because of their SB rings but guys like Rivers and Romo aren’t going near the HOF

Rivers will simply because of legacy.