Where do you rank Russell Wilson All-Time?

MaddHatter

RW All-Time Ranking  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you rank RW?

• Top 10 - 1st Ballot HOFer
    • Top 20 - HOF Lock
    • Top 50 - Likely HOFer
    • Borderline HOFer
    • Top 100 but not a HOFer

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

Fouts blows Rivers away on paper. Context would be Rivers was stuck in a crazy good QB era, but I don't think Rivers ends up getting in.

His legacy is that he was like the 6th best QB in the league for the majority of his career.

Yeah not even close. 

His Legacy is he was a top 5 QB stuck on injury prone rosters with medicore coaching and elite talent depending on the year.

52 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

Having 100 kids

This if like 1-2 of his kids up being legitimate franchise QBs it'll boost his legacy.

I'm honestly not sure. I think he's fringe HOF caliber at this point, but idk where that ranks him top 10. He might be the most efficient QB of all-time when looking at his stats but the drop off in statistics once his mobility and defense started to decline is noticeable.

Those first like 6 years though were magical.

11 hours ago, Xmad said:
13 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Fouts blows Rivers away on paper.

Yeah not even close. 

Fouts: 1980s All-Decade Team, 2x 1st Team All-Pro, 2x 2nd Team All-Pro, 1982 OPOY, 6x Pro Bowler, 4x Passing Yards leader, 2x Passing TD leader, 1x Completion % leader

Rivers: 2013 CPOY, 8x Pro Bowler, 1x Passer Rating leader, 1x Passing Yards leader, 1x Passing TD leader, 1x Completion % leader

Yes, Fouts blows Rivers away on paper.

Edited by seminoles1
  • Like 2

You shouldn't get in the HOF if you don't have an All-Pro 1st team, that's crazy. 
Rivers never had an all-pro, how can he be considered for the HOF? 
The Hall is for the special players, and sorry but Rivers isn't in that category. 
Same thing with Wilson who only as 1 team second all-pro. 
Hall of Very Good but that stops there. 

Edited by MagicMT
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, MagicMT said:

You shouldn't get in the HOF if you don't have an All-Pro 1st team, that's crazy. 
Rivers never had an all-pro, how can he be considered for the HOF? 
The Hall is for the special players, and sorry but Rivers isn't in that category. 
Same thing with Wilson who only as 1 team second all-pro. 
Hall of Very Good but that stops there. 

Neither Eli nor Ben would get in by that metric, and Brees's 2006 is the only reason he'd be in. Elway also wouldn't make it

Edited by jonnguy2015
  • Like 4

Just now, jonnguy2015 said:

Neither Eli nor Ben would get in by that metric, and Brees's 2006 is the only reason he'd be in. Elway also wouldn't make it

I honestly don't have any problem with Eli or Ben not making it. 
But you're right that APs couldn't be the only measure for an HOF career. I jumped the gun a little bit! 
But apart from playing well a long while, when was Rivers even a top 3 QB in the NFL? Same thing with Wilson. 
How can you make the HOF if you were never top 3 at your own position for any length of time? 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

Rivers not making all pro in 2008 was a joke tho

Not really

I mean, the Chargers had such a soft schedule for the opposing defense.The other 3 AFC West teams had a brutal defense that year

Also, even if it wasn't his fault, it's almost impossible to be first team all-pro at your position when you're 8-8, fair or not

On 2/3/2024 at 7:28 AM, MaddHatter said:

Rivers ain’t a HOFer. Ben and Eli likely are because of their SB rings but guys like Rivers and Romo aren’t going near the HOF

Which is always funny to me, be ause of you ask me whether I'd rather have Romo/Rivers or Eli for any given game, I'd take the first two without hesitation 

3 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Which is always funny to me, be ause of you ask me whether I'd rather have Romo/Rivers or Eli for any given game, I'd take the first two without hesitation 

Because it's the Hall of "Fame" not the Hall of "Great" 

On 2/3/2024 at 10:03 PM, seminoles1 said:

Fouts blows Rivers away on paper. Context would be Rivers was stuck in a crazy good QB era, but I don't think Rivers ends up getting in.

His legacy is that he was like the 6th best QB in the league for the majority of his career.

Yeah I agree. Fouts was iconic  -the first high volume trigger man in a dynamic passing attack. Fouts set the stage that Moon, Warner, Marino, Favre frolicked upon.

And it's just a matter of perception. Rivers played when there were several people doing that, and even if he was Fouts Heather' equal iin manyways he just doesn't have the stature leaguewide

Edited by Mr Bad Example
  • Like 2

On 2/3/2024 at 4:59 PM, MaddHatter said:

Disagree completely- he won’t sniff the HOF at any point in the next 40 years

If you think a top 50 QB is a likely HOFer (according to your poll) there is simply no way Rivers doesn't make it. He's top 25-30 at worst.