Raiders to hire Luke Getsy as OC

3 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Sources: The Raiders are working on a deal to hire ex-Bears OC Luke Getsy as their new offensive coordinator. The highly-respected Getsy was in the mix for a bunch of OC jobs in this cycle.

It's ok guys. He was "highly respected" so we should be just fine.

Right? 

He was in the mix? Who wasn't? He was, however, also passed over by everyone else lol. 

We're fkwd. We fubar-d this. Our offense is going to struggle to move the ball and our defense is going to regress back to Graham's median as one of the bottom 1/3 in the league, and we're going to wind up needing to clean house by 2025, but wont until 2026- if we're lucky. 

This group had 1 job- bring in a GM to help mask AP's weaknesses and and OC to develop a QBOTF and act as a proxy HC on that side of the ball. 

We hired a GM that has a limited role he wasn't particularly good at (he doesn't work the cap, he doesn't do anything other than draft amd get FAs according to people defending the hire). 

We hired an OC who had success with Aaron Rodgers and nothing else. Getsy has never developed a QB. He doesn't even seem capable of adapting to a QB. He's run-heavy which means we're going ti wind up ponying up big bucks for Josh Jacobs, which will be a mistake since his ability to produce and actually stay on the field is suspect at best. 

We let losers like Chump Kelly stick around to help make decisions, and we collected even more losers in the building. 

I'm not even wild about Marvin Lewis being brought in, considering his not-so-small role played in the absolute **** show that went on at ASU under he and Herm Edwards. Not to mention Lewis hasn't beem relevant in quite soem time. Add to it we're still not sure Hugh Jackson and his nonsense isn't going to be brought in somehow. 

They're doing what I largely feared they were going to do- theyre largely creating a whole shadow structure outside of the actual GM by bringing in a bunch of AP and Chump's boys, hyperfocusing on the side of the ball that they know, and leaving the offense to flounder. 

Mark my words, come hell or high water, Telesco won't be here very long. Chump wanted the full gig and we all know it. We're going tonhave some fkd up power struggle within a year or so, and they'll pin it on Telesco and Getsy (who, admittedly probably will be part of the issue, if we're being honest) AP and his chosen boys will rally around Chump, and he'll get his wish. Chump is miffed he didn't get a crack at it because, in a rare stroke of good thinking, Davis didn't want a first time GM with Pierce.

Contract negotiations gone awry? The totally haphazard OC search? Bringing in what are essentially a whole squadron of "yes" men suoer loyal to AP and thus Chump? Hiring an OC Chump has to have some insight on to know he's not it? 

The question is, who hired Getsy and why? Telesco? I could see it, he runs offense about as well as Anthony Lynn, who Telesco loved. Was it to shut down the trade talk about Fields? One has to believe Chump has more belief in Fields than Getsy, no? The Raiders felt Getsy wasn't the problem in Chicago....so the personnel Chump helped them get were the problem? 

I'm not one to often go off into the conspiracy nonsense, but everything about our moves this year is highly suspect and reeks of cliqueish dysfunction. Can't tell who is driving what particular moves, but it's clear there's some major behind the scenes issues I'm sure Hondo will downplay into the Nevada desert until it boils over. It's a janky as Josh McDaniels offense. 

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The first two steps in succeeding were hiring a competent GM and an OC that can develop a franchise QB. We’ve already missed the mark big time on those two moves. 

And I think it’s safe to say there’s a good chance that Telesco, Pierce, and Getsy are the worst trio of GM/HC/OC in the NFL. 

Add in the ‘worst QB in the NFL’ too and the hyperbole is complete 😀

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Right? 

He was in the mix? Who wasn't? He was, however, also passed over by everyone else lol. 

We're fkwd. We fubar-d this. Our offense is going to struggle to move the ball and our defense is going to regress back to Graham's median as one of the bottom 1/3 in the league, and we're going to wind up needing to clean house by 2025, but wont until 2026- if we're lucky. 

This group had 1 job- bring in a GM to help mask AP's weaknesses and and OC to develop a QBOTF and act as a proxy HC on that side of the ball. 

We hired a GM that has a limited role he wasn't particularly good at (he doesn't work the cap, he doesn't do anything other than draft amd get FAs according to people defending the hire). 

We hired an OC who had success with Aaron Rodgers and nothing else. Getsy has never developed a QB. He doesn't even seem capable of adapting to a QB. He's run-heavy which means we're going ti wind up ponying up big bucks for Josh Jacobs, which will be a mistake since his ability to produce and actually stay on the field is suspect at best. 

We let losers like Chump Kelly stick around to help make decisions, and we collected even more losers in the building. 

I'm not even wild about Marvin Lewis being brought in, considering his not-so-small role played in the absolute **** show that went on at ASU under he and Herm Edwards. Not to mention Lewis hasn't beem relevant in quite soem time. Add to it we're still not sure Hugh Jackson and his nonsense isn't going to be brought in somehow. 

They're doing what I largely feared they were going to do- theyre largely creating a whole shadow structure outside of the actual GM by bringing in a bunch of AP and Chump's boys, hyperfocusing on the side of the ball that they know, and leaving the offense to flounder. 

Mark my words, come hell or high water, Telesco won't be here very long. Chump wanted the full gig and we all know it. We're going tonhave some fkd up power struggle within a year or so, and they'll pin it on Telesco and Getsy (who, admittedly probably will be part of the issue, if we're being honest) AP and his chosen boys will rally around Chump, and he'll get his wish. Chump is miffed he didn't get a crack at it because, in a rare stroke of good thinking, Davis didn't want a first time GM with Pierce.

Contract negotiations gone awry? The totally haphazard OC search? Bringing in what are essentially a whole squadron of "yes" men suoer loyal to AP and thus Chump? Hiring an OC Chump has to have some insight on to know he's not it? 

The question is, who hired Getsy and why? Telesco? I could see it, he runs offense about as well as Anthony Lynn, who Telesco loved. Was it to shut down the trade talk about Fields? One has to believe Chump has more belief in Fields than Getsy, no? The Raiders felt Getsy wasn't the problem in Chicago....so the personnel Chump helped them get were the problem? 

I'm not one to often go off into the conspiracy nonsense, but everything about our moves this year is highly suspect and reeks of cliqueish dysfunction. Can't tell who is driving what particular moves, but it's clear there's some major behind the scenes issues I'm sure Hondo will downplay into the Nevada desert until it boils over. It's a janky as Josh McDaniels offense. 

Right. Nobody picked him(very similar to Josh McDaniels)The funny thing is this time, we didn't even pick him at first.

I think ultimately we have to let it run its course but it doesn't look good right now. The only thing that could even be said in his defense is that maybe Justin Fields is actually garbage because he doesn't seem to want to actually throw and actually play within the offense but simply just wants to run. It could be like how everyone thought Shane Waldron was a bad OC because of how bad Russell Wilson was playing and then when Russell Wilson left all of a sudden Geno Smith was amazing because he was actually playing well within the offense. But even then, that could be wishful thinking. 

Another positive(but is it really?) With this move is that theoretically more quarterbacks would be a fit for his offense(provided they actually throw the ball)than Kliffs. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Little too much doom and gloom. Still have to see how this plays out on the field. People saying we’re ****ed without this team even having one practice in is crazy. 

Oh definitely we should always let it run its course. But remember we just came from highly sought after Josh McDaniels and we saw how that played out when it ran its course. The reason people are upset at this. The optics don't look good. But ultimately I do agree, at some point all the theoretical stuff goes out of the window and people have to play football. So we'll see how it goes

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Justwinning said:

My enthusiasm for the offseason has been deflated. Absolute awful hire.

I suppose the only thing keeping me in check is that I remember when Bill Musgrave was tabbed as OC, despite a bad run previously as a playcaller, EVERYONE hated the hire. He ended up being really good for us. Never mind me, that’s just me coping

Not quite everyone 😉 a few of us liked Musgrave and didn’t like the KNJ hire 😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I believe neither of those things. The irony is that fields was complaining about the lack of explosive plays. And you bring in Getsy? Smh I hate it already 

We should have a friendly wager on who was the problem: Getsy or Fields? Shown by whoever has a worse 2024 season. I almost guarantee Getsy has a better offense in 2024 and fields plays the same or worse next year. 

• Like 1

Very interesting perspective coming from a Bears fan(who sounds like Peter Griffin by the way lol). I'm still pessimistic but I will say this really has me. thinking. This came out before he got hired by the raiders.

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, NickButera said:

We should have a friendly wager on who was the problem: Getsy or Fields? Shown by whoever has a worse 2024 season. I almost guarantee Getsy has a better offense in 2024 and fields plays the same or worse next year. 

It seemed a mix of both the past season. Fields couldn't read a defense and the playcalling looked conservative. Bothers me that the brass looked at the Cardinals and Bears porous offenses that they lost to and thought they were the guys.