Packers Wide Receivers.

GHARMON9

Who is the best current Packers WR?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best current Packers WR?

• Christian Watson
    • Romeo Doubs
    • Jayden Reed
    • Dontayvion Wicks
    • Bo Melton

I was in the gym and started to think. I really love the talent we have in this group. I couldn't decide how to rank this group. I would put Melton at 5, but the other 4 could all be anywhere  IMO. Doubs became a force when we need him the most multiple times during the season. Reed is the most versatile. Wicks is the best at getting open and might be my favorite of the group. Watson has elite physical traits and shown superstar potential.

I was wondering which one the forum thinks is the best. They all have had their day it seems, but how would you rank the top 5?

Reed, Doubs, Wicks, Watson, Melton.

Watson is #4 for me because he can't stay on the field. 

If they are all healthy for the whole year next year this is how I expect they would shake out.

Watson, Reed, Wicks, Doubs, Heath, Melton. 

• Like 1

For a moment it looked like Reed, for another moment it looked like Wicks. Last year it was Watson for a moment. Melton had like a half moment.

Doubs has  been the most consistent, so he backs into my vote by virtue of never sucking.

I doubt we go WR in the first five picks of the draft this year due to the defensive shopping list for DC3. But I think we go back to drafting second round receivers in ‘25. Our young receivers are a good story, but I don’t think they scare anybody. 

• Like 2

All of these guys are so far from their ceiling, except maybe doubs. The best one will be whoever reaches their potential. Currently it is a toss up. 

I think it is unlikely watson sees a contract 2 here if he does put it all together. Prototype guys earn big bucks

I love Wicks game the most. I feel he is the smartest of the bunch, he doesn't just run routes, he runs to get open and get the nuances of playing the position. Showed a lot for a rookie and will only get much better.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, GHARMON9 said:

I was in the gym and started to think. I really love the talent we have in this group. I couldn't decide how to rank this group. I would put Melton at 5, but the other 4 could all be anywhere  IMO. Doubs became a force when we need him the most multiple times during the season. Reed is the most versatile. Wicks is the best at getting open and might be my favorite of the group. Watson has elite physical traits and shown superstar potential.

I was wondering which one the forum thinks is the best. They all have had their day it seems, but how would you rank the top 5?

I wouldn't want to rank them at this time. Watson hasn't had enough time to get a good bead on him and Doubs/Wicks/Reed have all had several good days.

Melton may not end up as good as the above guys, but we need to see more to know that, as he has done very well with limited opportunities. I think by about mid-season in 2024 we could have a slightly better idea of the order of ranking...............and even then the differences might be so small as to be almost irrelevant.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Not sold on doubs as a difference maker even though he balled out in the playoffs.  Happy he's on the team though

I mostly agree, although if we can get two of Reed, Wicks and Watson to become “difference makers” that need to be accounted for, Doubs becomes dangerous as a smart and consistent WR 3.

• Like 1

None of these guys are any good. The Packers need to spend their first 5 picks on WR's and all of them need to be under 170 pounds, the smaller the better.

Just think how much greater Love could be if only he had some 5'7"/150-pound WR's to throw the ball to. Love will never reach his full potential until Gutes gets him the little WR's he deserves.  

#FireGutesNow

• Like 1