Packers Wide Receivers.

GHARMON9

Who is the best current Packers WR?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best current Packers WR?

• Christian Watson
    • Romeo Doubs
    • Jayden Reed
    • Dontayvion Wicks
    • Bo Melton

13 hours ago, MantyWrestler said:

I honestly don’t think Addison is any better than Reed and not a healthy Watson either. I’ll take Wicks over him too since Wicks is bigger and a better blocker besides being a damn good WR. Got a feeling you’ll pick him over Addison by the end of next year.

Addison - 70 for 911 and 10 TD’s

1 carry 2 yards 0 TD’s

Doesn't return kicks

Reed - 64 for 793 and 8 TD’s

11 carries 119 yards 2 TD’s

decent punt returner 

yeah, not even close. Lol

I feel like they are very close to each other.  They just play different positions.  One is more of a slot, the other is more of a boundary WR.  They are both very good.

@incognito_man posted correctly.  Their WR1 is better than our WR1.  That isn't even up for debate it.  The sum of the parts, though?  I'll take ours.

And the grey spot is their 3-5 WR's.  We don't know them because Jefferson gets a lot of targets.  So does Hock.  So did Addison.  Could very well be that those WR's are actually good.  We simply do not know.

But we do know about our WR corp 1-6.  Because they all made plays.  

10 hours ago, GHARMON9 said:

Very simplistic way of viewing this.

Nick Mullens, Jaren Hall and Josh Dobbs throwing the ball. last 9 games of the year.

Mullen had more INTs than TDs , Jaren Hall was laughable. We all watched that last game of the season.

Dobbs got benched for one of the worst offensive performance we've seen in a long time.

Addison Had 500+ yards and 7 TDs in the 8 games he had with his #1 QB. He would have cleared 1k easily if Kirk played the remainder of the season.

With who at RB? Vikings were awful on the ground.

I want Reed to be better than Addison and he has the talent to be. But with context for both players I think you have to get Addison the nod.

We had Jordan Love and MLF trying to figure out how to gain 60 passing yards in the first half for a large chunk of games.

I watched some bottom 5 quarterbacking from our club for quite a few games last year.

Let's not sit here and pretend that we didn't go through rough stretches at the QB position, either.

And our running game was simply dreadful when Jones went out early in the season.

2 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Are you equally condemnatory towards front offices lowballing a player. Probably not.

There is nothing inherently wrong in a player trying to maximise his worth over a short playing career. The market demand sets the price. Now he didn't find the best way to express himself, but football players are seldom wordsmiths that can phrase a great reply in a heartbeat, that is not what their job is.

I mean, I want as much money as I can get too at my 9-5.  Does that make me a punk? I think this is another example of seeing what he wants to see because Jefferson plays for the Vikings.  Ask any player in the league if he would rather make 800k or 10 million dollars, see how many answer 800k.  

15 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Jefferson is a punk.  

Yah no thanks.  Good luck to the team signing him. 

I respect players that want to get paid and if they want/deserve to be paid top dollar so be it. Coming out about 'being paid' in the media is unnecessary though I feel. Everyone knows Jefferson is one of the best in the game and will get his, but to let the world know that he wants money above all else, it's just classless. he doesn't need to say it. It doesn't gain him leverage. His agent will negotiate the best deal for him regardless of the team and someone will bite, he doesn't have to worry. These statements just leave a bad taste in everyones mouth and paint him in a negative light.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, GHARMON9 said:

Very simplistic way of viewing this.

Nick Mullens, Jaren Hall and Josh Dobbs throwing the ball. last 9 games of the year.

Mullen had more INTs than TDs , Jaren Hall was laughable. We all watched that last game of the season.

Dobbs got benched for one of the worst offensive performance we've seen in a long time.

Addison Had 500+ yards and 7 TDs in the 8 games he had with his #1 QB. He would have cleared 1k easily if Kirk played the remainder of the season.

With who at RB? Vikings were awful on the ground.

I want Reed to be better than Addison and he has the talent to be. But with context for both players I think you have to get Addison the nod.

Reed also had a lot more competition for balls and was obviously open more often. Maybe teams figured out Addison after the first few games a little too. I'll take Reed and you can have Addison though. Works for me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I feel like they are very close to each other.  They just play different positions.  One is more of a slot, the other is more of a boundary WR.  They are both very good.

@incognito_man posted correctly.  Their WR1 is better than our WR1.  That isn't even up for debate it.  The sum of the parts, though?  I'll take ours.

And the grey spot is their 3-5 WR's.  We don't know them because Jefferson gets a lot of targets.  So does Hock.  So did Addison.  Could very well be that those WR's are actually good.  We simply do not know.

But we do know about our WR corp 1-6.  Because they all made plays.  

That was my point on Reed and Addison. They are pretty close. Not WAY better either way.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

That was my point on Reed and Addison. They are pretty close. Not WAY better either way.

Addison was much better than I thought he would be.

Reed is much, much, much better than I thought he would be.

So Reed is the better player!  :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Addison was much better than I thought he would be.

Reed is much, much, much better than I thought he would be.

So Reed is the better player!  :)

I'm totally in this boat too. Both better than I thought either would be. Glad we have the guy we have.

Edited by MantyWrestler

8 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Are you equally condemnatory towards front offices lowballing a player. Probably not.

There is nothing inherently wrong in a player trying to maximise his worth over a short playing career. The market demand sets the price. Now he didn't find the best way to express himself, but football players are seldom wordsmiths that can phrase a great reply in a heartbeat, that is not what their job is.

Sorry dude there is no defending those statements.  I want to break the bank.  I want to get paid what I deserve...blah blah blah.  No thanks man.  Wouldn't want him on my team.  

5 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I mean, I want as much money as I can get too at my 9-5.  Does that make me a punk? I think this is another example of seeing what he wants to see because Jefferson plays for the Vikings.  Ask any player in the league if he would rather make 800k or 10 million dollars, see how many answer 800k.  

Oh please...his statements don't rub you the wrong way?  Football is a team sport.  You want a me first guy on your team?  This dude is going to make probably 100 million over the life of his next contract.  Those type of statements are completely unnecessary.  "I want to break the bank"  "I want to get paid what I deserve".  He is a punk.  Glad he isn't on the Packers.  Diva.  Love our young group of unselfish players.  I'd take Doubs over Jefferson straight up.  Wouldn't want a player like that on my team.  Great way to wreck chemistry.  We'll see how much he produces once he gets paid.  If I was a GM I wouldn't touch the guy. 

3 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Oh please...his statements don't rub you the wrong way?  Football is a team sport.  You want a me first guy on your team?  This dude is going to make probably 100 million over the life of his next contract.  Those type of statements are completely unnecessary.  "I want to break the bank"  "I want to get paid what I deserve".  He is a punk.  Glad he isn't on the Packers.  Diva.  Love our young group of unselfish players.  I'd take Doubs over Jefferson straight up.  Wouldn't want a player like that on my team.  Great way to wreck chemistry.  We'll see how much he produces once he gets paid.  If I was a GM I wouldn't touch the guy. 

Nope.  I really don't care.  He is going to be a FA* for the first time, and wants to be the highest paid WR, and his numbers point in the direction that he truly should be the highest paid.  This isn't a guy that is holding out.  This isn't a guy that just signed a new contract last offseason.  It is a great player getting the most out of what he has earned. It isn't like Jefferson is putting up Malik Heath numbers and saying this.  

Was Davante a punk? Is every highest paid player at every position a punk?  Where is the punk/not-punk line on salary? 

*he is only negotiating with Minnesota, and likely won't actually be a FA until after his second contract.

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Sorry dude there is no defending those statements.  I want to break the bank.  I want to get paid what I deserve...blah blah blah.  No thanks man.  Wouldn't want him on my team.  

Like I said, players are often not guys who speak well. I actually don't care a fig for such statements. They can be irritating, but you would be foolish to make sweeping statements based on this. His agent will still get the best deal he can and things will move on.

Punk, Diva, he sickens you............this is too strong a reaction, based on too little body of evidence. Based on what you have already said, you are now arriving at platform Over-Reaction Central.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

I respect players that want to get paid and if they want/deserve to be paid top dollar so be it. Coming out about 'being paid' in the media is unnecessary though I feel. Everyone knows Jefferson is one of the best in the game and will get his, but to let the world know that he wants money above all else, it's just classless. he doesn't need to say it. It doesn't gain him leverage. His agent will negotiate the best deal for him regardless of the team and someone will bite, he doesn't have to worry. These statements just leave a bad taste in everyones mouth and paint him in a negative light.

He was led into those answers heavy.

"Hey Justin, where's the bag"

"Hey Justin, you want to break the bank?"

Davante said he'd like to be the highest paid receiver as well. Players want their money. Nobody is taking deals for a 2nd contract. And if they are they're dumb as hell.

The Addison line at the draft is much more hilarious. 

Edited by HighCalebR
  • Like 2