Packers Wide Receivers.

GHARMON9

Who is the best current Packers WR?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best current Packers WR?

• Christian Watson
    • Romeo Doubs
    • Jayden Reed
    • Dontayvion Wicks
    • Bo Melton

1 hour ago, thrILL! said:

Either MIN pays JJ a fortune which takes a massive chunk of their cap limiting their options at signing players or they don’t pay him and he leaves MIN. 

win-win

They'd probably be smart to trade him.  Some team would give them a bundle of picks for him. 

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

They'd probably be smart to trade him.  Some team would give them a bundle of picks for him. 

If they plan on signing Kirk I think they'd be dumb to trade him. If they don't yeah they should think about a way to get him traded.

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

It would be like signing Rodgers and trading Adams. 

We only traded Adam's because he didn't want to be here. We wanted him here.

It was not a great move to trade adams.

Edited by HighCalebR
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HighCalebR said:

We only traded Adam's because he didn't want to be here. We wanted him here.

It was not a great move to trade adams.

I never understood the move.  We were supposed to be all in to win a title.  Trading Adams when we had just signed Rodgers was goofy.  I was all for dealing them both at the time. It was time to move on after that horrid loss to the Niners in the playoffs. 

I guess I can see Cousins coming back to the Vikings, but I don't look at them as a serious super bowl threat.  I'd be trying to acquire one of the top QBs in the draft and beginning a bit of a rebuild.  I'd probably trade Jefferson if I could get a windfall, but chances are they will ink him to a new deal.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I never understood the move.  We were supposed to be all in to win a title.  Trading Adams when we had just signed Rodgers was goofy.  I was all for dealing them both at the time. It was time to move on after that horrid loss to the Niners in the playoffs. 

I guess I can see Cousins coming back to the Vikings, but I don't look at them as a serious super bowl threat.  I'd be trying to acquire one of the top QBs in the draft and beginning a bit of a rebuild.  I'd probably trade Jefferson if I could get a windfall, but chances are they will ink him to a new deal.  

i agree, they should let Cousins go and rebuild after giving JJ a big extension. signing Cousins and JJ to huge deals with a mediocre roster won't get them anywhere. have to change things up 

8 minutes ago, persiandud said:

i agree, they should let Cousins go and rebuild after giving JJ a big extension. signing Cousins and JJ to huge deals with a mediocre roster won't get them anywhere. have to change things up 

They don't know that.  They already have the highest paid TE and now Cousins wants a guaranteed contract coming off an Achilles injury.  Can you even name their RBs?

You pick up their blitz and they're toast.

6 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Like I said, players are often not guys who speak well. I actually don't care a fig for such statements. They can be irritating, but you would be foolish to make sweeping statements based on this. His agent will still get the best deal he can and things will move on.

Punk, Diva, he sickens you............this is too strong a reaction, based on too little body of evidence. Based on what you have already said, you are now arriving at platform Over-Reaction Central.

No I don't think so.  There are so many pieces of the pie to go around and he wants all of them.  More money for him less for others.  I don't have a problem with players being the highest paid. Alexander for example.  Ok is what it is.  I do however have a major problem with what he said.  Just smacks of ego and greed.  Two things that I really can't stand in people.  Don't know how what he said doesn't bother you.  Not the kind of player I'd want on my team period.  I'm not overreacting just calling it like I see it.  I'll be real interested to see how well he performs after getting his new deal.  I wouldn't touch him. 

Romeo Doubs now that's a guy I can get behind.  The anti diva.  Works hard is humble and just goes about his business.  Take him over Jefferson all day long.  APSCA add on right now.  Show some poor doggies.  Oh the horror.  CEO makes a million a year and they offshored 500 million in cash.  Have one small shelter in NY.  Criminals.  Join now will send you a cheap made in China T-shirt and ding your credit card forever...Ughhh people suck and so does Jefferson. 

Edited by Scoremore

9 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

He was led into those answers heavy.

"Hey Justin, where's the bag"

"Hey Justin, you want to break the bank?"

Davante said he'd like to be the highest paid receiver as well. Players want their money. Nobody is taking deals for a 2nd contract. And if they are they're dumb as hell.

The Addison line at the draft is much more hilarious. 

I agree players shouldn't take deals. He will be the highest paid. He just doesn't need to say it.

He should be savvy enough to know what the reporter is trying to get him to say and in a world of headlines and no depth in reporting he is allowing himself to be painted as a greedy/selfish guy. It would be just as easy for him to say "I'm thankful to be in this position and I'll let my agent deal with the numbers, I just want to be the best I can be."

It's the same with Jaylon Johnson, for people that don't know the player when they hear "Heart's definitely in Chicago, mind's definitely on the money," it's very easy to have a negative take on him. I just don't get why players need to say that. It gives them no leverage or edge in negotiations, it just rubs people the wrong way. 

It would be the same if Musk or Tim Cook came out and said, "I want to create a fantastic product so I can get so many people to buy it and make my shareholders happy and make my company even richer."

To talk about money in public is just very bad manners and vulgar. 

14 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Oh please...his statements don't rub you the wrong way?  Football is a team sport.  You want a me first guy on your team?  This dude is going to make probably 100 million over the life of his next contract.  Those type of statements are completely unnecessary.  "I want to break the bank"  "I want to get paid what I deserve".  He is a punk.  Glad he isn't on the Packers.  Diva.  Love our young group of unselfish players.  I'd take Doubs over Jefferson straight up.  Wouldn't want a player like that on my team.  Great way to wreck chemistry.  We'll see how much he produces once he gets paid.  If I was a GM I wouldn't touch the guy. 

redundant reply

Edited by turf toe

17 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Sorry dude there is no defending those statements.  I want to break the bank.  I want to get paid what I deserve...blah blah blah.  No thanks man.  Wouldn't want him on my team.  

You are against the player saying things like that, right?

But not actually opposed to paying guys top tier money at positions, right?  Because we gave Rodgers a lot of top end contracts.  Bakh got his.  Clark got his.  JA got his.  'Vante turned his down.  Gary got his.

Going down a little rabbit hole here, but I'd say that maybe players say things like that when the front office isn't communicating with them that they will get a high end deal done.  Perhaps our front office actually is better than Rodgers led us to believe and that is why our stars didn't have to say things like that to get large contracts out of GB.

Edited by vegas492

On 2/7/2024 at 4:49 PM, skibrett15 said:

Minnesota is head and shoulders better at WR than GB.

There's serious diminishing returns for having a great WR 4, 5, 6 etc.  There aren't enough snaps to go around to feed them all.  GB uses like an average of 2.5 WRs per play across the season, and even having 1 more for depth is definitely enough.  More important to have 1 great one or 2 very good ones than 4 good ones.

Only at one WR - who is arguably the best WR in the league.  If you go further down their depth chart I think we have a deeper room than they do.

On 2/7/2024 at 8:18 PM, Scoremore said:

Jefferson is a punk.  

Yah no thanks.  Good luck to the team signing him. 

It appears this guy is more interested in his bank account than actually winning anything.  Any team that breaks the bank for him will be strapped to build a good team around him.  I never heard of any team that did much with a super star WR and not much else.  Ask the Lions when they had Calvin Johnson.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2024 at 10:57 PM, Brit Pack said:

Focusing on one WR or having one elite dude makes it a bit easier on the defence. Like when we put Jaire on Jefferson, we could shut him down.

I like that we got 5 WR who can all feast on any given day. Makes it much harder to game plan against. While the ceiling at the moment is not as high as Jefferson for any of our WRs they all have a very high floor which makes them as a group very dangerous.

Factor in our TEs and Jones suddenly it becomes very tough for a defence to try and eliminate one element from a very multi dimensional offence.

When Rodgers was young TT put a lot of good receivers around him. We didn't necessarily have an absolute definitive WR1.   It was a case of your CB1 one might be able to beat our WR1 but your CB3 is not going to be able to cover our WR3.  And if we go 4WR then your CB4 is not as good as our WR4

That's what we have here.  Watson was getting a lot of stick but when he was healthy-ish, he was drawing the best coverage.   Wicks has been fantastic getting open but if he as being covered by a shutdown corner then its going to be harder. 

In any given play, our best WR is probably the guy covered by their CB3.

• Like 4