Draft Talk

THE DUKE

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

2/19 Locked on Bengals Mock Draft Monday

1. Brock Bowers, TE, Georgia
  2. Troy Franklin, WR, Oregon
  3. Ruke Orhorhoro, DT, Clemson

Eh. Early wide receiver feels like a lost opportunity. Even if Tee isn't tagged, it feels like grabbing day 3 guys that you like is the best way 

50 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:

Eh. Early wide receiver feels like a lost opportunity. Even if Tee isn't tagged, it feels like grabbing day 3 guys that you like is the best way 

Lost opportunity is drafting Billy Price for need instead of a better player.  Or Jackson Carman at 45 instead of on day 3 where I thought he belonged.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

Lost opportunity is drafting Billy Price for need instead of a better player.  Or Jackson Carman at 45 instead of on day 3 where I thought he belonged.

That would also be bad. But I'd rather not spend a pick on a potential number two receiver for the 2025 season when we could be getting someone similarly talented that boosts one of our multiple other positions of need, like defensive interior or offensive line. I understand that part of mock drafts are playing with options, but I don't love this one. I also missed who was still on the board when they made that pick.

Yeah, that mock would be highly dependent on how free agency went. If we sign starting caliber players at RT and NT, then adding Bowers and Franklin would be nice. But if it means we're starting Ford or Carman or Smith at RT and Tupou or Tufele at NT, then count me out. 

I'm fine with taking Bowers in round one unless we have to pay a lot to move up for him.

But again, we need to keep Burrow healthy. Maybe we sign Becton or someone to be a RT and they stay healthy. But if we just sign a vet swing tackle like Cam Erving or Cam Fleming or George Fant, then we need to use an early pick at RT. And that's if we've fixed NT. Otherwise just sign Hunter Henry or a vet TE to upgrade from Hudson or Smith. 

Edited by sparky151

6 hours ago, fluhartz said:

if Bowers is there you freaking run to the podium... He would be unreal in this offense.

I know we need a RT among other things, but that kid is a can't miss star (barring injury).

Bowers is most likely the best option if available.  We can figure out the rest. I need about 4 first round picks this year.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, sparky151 said:

I'm fine with taking Bowers in round one unless we have to pay a lot to move up for him.

But again, we need to keep Burrow healthy. Maybe we sign Becton or someone to be a RT and they stay healthy. But if we just sign a vet swing tackle like Cam Erving or Cam Fleming or George Fant, then we need to use an early pick at RT. And that's if we've fixed NT. Otherwise just sign Hunter Henry or a vet TE to upgrade from Hudson or Smith. 

You literally can not use the words Healthy and Becton in consecutive sentences

9 hours ago, sparky151 said:

He actually played in every game last year though only a few snaps week 11. Otherwise he played at least 50 snaps in every game. 

Take PFF grades with a grain of salt, but he graded terribly last year

Yes, they had him as their 66th best tackle. Jonah was 59th in their scoring.  The highest ranking tackles who will be free agents are Trent Brown and Michael Onwenu from the Pats. They ranked 11th and 29th respectively.