Eagles will start next season in Brazil on FNF

Manny/Patrick

I was wondering why a Brazil game isn't in Rio de Janeiro. I never heard of São Paulo before the announcement, but it turns out to be bigger than New York City. I felt like an astronomer when they discover a planet as large or larger than Jupiter in other solar systems.

13 minutes ago, Mr.UFO said:

I was wondering why a Brazil game isn't in Rio de Janeiro. I never heard of São Paulo before the announcement, but it turns out to be bigger than New York City. I felt like an astronomer when they discover a planet as large or larger than Jupiter in other solar systems.

I remember when we were going to visit my dad's hometown of Neiva Colombia, and my ex gf was talking about it like it was some little pueblo in the countryside; I was like "it's got 300k people" 

Not easy being green.

The game will take place at Corinthians Arena, the home of Brazilian soccer team Corinthians. The venue was used at the 2014 World Cup and 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympics. Corinthians have an informal ban on the color green, worn by their bitter rivals Palmeiras, around the club. The Packers and Eagles both wear green, with the Eagles set to wear the color as the home team. In 2021, Corinthians fined their striker Jo for wearing green boots. Jo later said the boots were actually “turquoise blue”.

4 hours ago, Mr.UFO said:

😂

Gotta love the NFL. It was bad enough they took away yet another Home game ( we only had 8 last year) but in their infinite wisdom chose the most popular team in Brazil to be their opponent?

There was no reason they couldn't of made the Packers the "home team" 2 months ago for obvious reasons, then announced the Eagles as the away opponent instead.

Edited by Nabbs4u

56 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Gotta love the NFL. It was bad enough they took away yet another Home game ( we only had 8 last year) but in their infinite wisdom chose the most popular team in Brazil to be their opponent?

There was no reason they couldn't of made the Packers the "home team" 2 months ago for obvious reasons, then announced the Eagles as the away opponent instead.

That is unfortunately not how the NFL schedule works. The Eagles were playing the Packers at "home" this year no matter what.

13 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Corinthians have an informal ban on the color green, worn by their bitter rivals Palmeiras, around the club.

I was thinking that they won't mind the Eagles, since they wear dark green (and the Packers will likely be in white). But I just looked at photos of the Palmeiras team, and they wear the exact shade of dark green as the Eagles. But I think the whole thing is silly.