Eagles will start next season in Brazil on FNF

Manny/Patrick

1 hour ago, Danger said:

The outrage is taking away the homefield advantage parity we're supposed to have with the rest of the NFC.  And it's way more than 4 hours friend. It's roughly 11 hours of flying opposed to zero, and that's IF you can get a direct flight.

The Schedule makers always shaft the eagles by giving us less rest than our opponents and we hardly ever start or finish the season at home.

The schedule is rough. It happens. The Cardinals have had a lot of terrible 4th place schedules recently. This upcoming season, they have 10 games against teams that were over .500 last year. 

The other 7 opponents include the Jets (with Aaron Rodgers) Chargers (with Jim Harbaugh), Bears (with Caleb Williams), Vikings (with Kirk Cousins back), Commanders (with either Drake Maye or Jayden Daniels), Patriots (with the other one), and Panthers (yay!). 

There are some plausible scenarios where the Cardinals get better and still finish with only 2 or 3 wins next year. 

5 hours ago, Danger said:

The Schedule makers always shaft the eagles by giving us less rest than our opponents and we hardly ever start or finish the season at home.

Im not sure about the rest thing, but i doubt the starting or finishing at home is true.

1st game at home:  2014, 2016, 2018, 2019

Last game at home:  2016, 2017, 2020, 2021, 2022

Probably tracks pretty similar to all teams when looked at over a long enough sample

17 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Im not sure about the rest thing, but i doubt the starting or finishing at home is true.

1st game at home:  2014, 2016, 2018, 2019

Last game at home:  2016, 2017, 2020, 2021, 2022

Probably tracks pretty similar to all teams when looked at over a long enough sample

So we've gone 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, and now 2024 without starting at home. 5 years in a row

17 minutes ago, Danger said:

So we've gone 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, and now 2024 without starting at home. 5 years in a row

And finished at home 3 of the last 4 years.  

It balances out to around 50% (+/- a game or so) of 1st/ last game will be home or away.

On 2/6/2024 at 4:33 PM, RuskieTitan said:

The moment a player or coach gets caught up and targeted for a crime will quickly put an end to some of these stupid experiments. 

Well this time they’ve picked the right place for it

• Like 1

On 2/9/2024 at 12:40 AM, NudeTayne said:

Do you live there? I've thought of going but heard mixed things.

Depends where and how much money you have. It’s amazing if you can stay in places like Ipanema beach and have a nice secure apartment. Great weather all year, great food, wildlife is unmatched, atmosphere is fun, cheap as hell, obvious comment about how certain people look…

if not, you’re probably guaranteed to be the victim of a crime at some point. Muggings are constantly happening, police are corrupt in some areas, the services and infrastructure simply aren’t there in places (no trash collection for example). 

Overall, it is a fantastic country but with dark sides.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2024 at 5:46 PM, VigilantZombie said:

Brazil? Of all places...I mean, you do you NFL.

I don’t really get it either. I mean the population is huge, it’s a large economy (even if the vast majority of its people are hand to mouth poor), and the time zone works better than Europe 

But if you thought UK or Germany was obsessed with soccer, ha. Brazil is the spiritual home of soccer. 90% of people have only seen a round ball. It’s an interesting choice. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I don’t really get it either. I mean the population is huge, it’s a large economy (even if the vast majority of its people are hand to mouth poor), and the time zone works better than Europe 

But if you thought UK or Germany was obsessed with soccer, ha. Brazil is the spiritual home of soccer. 90% of people have only seen a round ball. It’s an interesting choice. 

Exactly. Plus, as you stated, how man Brazilians can actually afford to go to an NFL game? Probably not a lot I'd guess. Maybe I'm completely wrong, but as you said, a vast majority of their population exists in poverty.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/5/2024 at 4:46 PM, lavar703 said:

I get they're trying to grow the game but this is just getting stupid now. 

On 2/7/2024 at 9:46 AM, VigilantZombie said:

Brazil? Of all places...I mean, you do you NFL.

On 3/5/2024 at 1:08 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

Just from the likes on the first quote and these other two....... it just shows me y'all just don't realize how popular the NFL is in Brazil.

COUNTRY NUMBER OF SELF-DESCRIBED NFL FANS
Mexico 23.3 million
Brazil 19.7 million
Canada 7.21 million
South Korea 6.72 million
Germany 6.66 million
United Kingdom 5.73 million
Spain 3.56 million
Saudi Arabia 3.12 million
Australia 2.64 million
Argentina 2.06 million

If you're on Twitter enough and look in the replies you'll see a lot of Brazilian NFL accounts like just type in "Packers Brasil" into the search bar and you'll get a bunch of results.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2024 at 9:14 PM, Malfatron said:

Packers vs eagles would be fun on a friday

Packers and Browns are the two teams in the running, but I'm hoping its Cleveland.

It's already a home game on the road, but if they pick the Packers it could really just be a road game...

2x3s4o1xme7b1.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

20 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Packers and Browns are the two teams in the running, but I'm hoping its Cleveland.

It's already a home game on the road, but if they pick the Packers it could really just be a road game...

2x3s4o1xme7b1.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Well that graph all but guarantees it's going to be Packers. Why would the NFL not guarantee #1 vs #7 for the fans rather then the 27th ranked Browns?

Eagles having 9 road gms again, sounds about right.

Edited by Nabbs4u

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Well that graph all but guarantees it's going to be Packers. Why would the NFL not guarantee #1 vs #7 for the fans rather then the 27th ranked Browns?

Eagles having 9 road gms again, sounds about right.

I’m going to laugh if the NFL cares about fans in other countries who don’t have NFL franchises vs fans in this country who do.

• Like 1