Eagles will start next season in Brazil on FNF

Manny/Patrick

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Iโ€™m going to laugh if the NFL cares about fans in other countries who donโ€™t have NFL franchises vs fans in this country who do.

Why would Packer and Eagle fans not tune in, week 1? There is apparently 20M people in Brazil. 17% of them fans of the 2 teams listed above. Why would they intentionally go Browns as an opponent and drop from 17% to 5.2%?

It's all about ๐Ÿ’ฐ ๐Ÿค‘ ๐Ÿ’ธย 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Why would Packer and Eagle fans not tune in, week 1? There is apparently 20M people in Brazil. 17% of them fans of the 2 teams listed above. Why would they intentionally go Browns as an opponent and drop from 17% to 5.2%?

It's all about ๐Ÿ’ฐ ๐Ÿค‘ ๐Ÿ’ธย 

You missed the entire point I was making.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

You missed the entire point I was making.

You're going to laugh if the NFL is more concerned about attracting the other 5.8B people on the planet, then the 336M that live in the United States? ๐Ÿ‘Œ

Get ready to laugh.

• 2 weeks later...

Why did it have to be opening weekend? Seems kind of like a middle finger to the Eagles fans.ย 

NFL expansion is a fine thing, but would they have gotten a different turnout in Brazil if this wasnโ€™t Week 1?

Surprised by the amount of hate for this, Its a luxury trip, private jets, media events. Creating millions of Eagles fans(and hopefully Packers haters). Jersey sales, all of it is beneficial.....I just dont get it.

8 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

Surprised by the amount of hate for this, Its a luxury trip, private jets, media events. Creating millions of Eagles fans(and hopefully Packers haters). Jersey sales, all of it is beneficial.....I just dont get it.

Creating millions of Eagles fans? That sure is a bold claim lol.

It is objectively a disadvantage. The Eagles would have played the Pack in the Linc this year. Now we get them at a neutral site. It is what it is as a lot of teams get home games robbed from them every year... but it still sucks for the fans of the team who live in the states. We don't care about the potential benefit in revenue to the Eagles organization(which I have a hard time believing it really does net more money than just a regular home game).... we just want to see our team win football games lol.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Creating millions of Eagles fans? That sure is a bold claim lol.

It is objectively a disadvantage. The Eagles would have played the Pack in the Linc this year. Now we get them at a neutral site. It is what it is as a lot of teams get home games robbed from them every year... but it still sucks for the fans of the team who live in the states. We don't care about the potential benefit in revenue to the Eagles organization(which I have a hard time believing it really does net more money than just a regular home game).... we just want to see our team win football games lol.

The audience can just be told that its a home games for the eagles and they can act accordingly

1 hour ago, General Tso said:

Home and road games are pre-determined.

Yeah I know, and they pre determined to take a home game from us. Which can't be helped other teams have had to do it like Jacksonville in many years.

but what's worse is that they chose our opponent to be the most liked team in Brazil because of their colors..... so it basically becomes a road game for us.ย 

37 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

The audience can just be told that its a home games for the eagles and they can act accordingly

I expect to see Millions of Brazilians in Midnight Green chanting Fly Eagles Fly or else!!!!ย 

• Like 1