Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 27 - Taco Bowl XXVII Posted)

Just now, SirA1 said:

You keep using the term New Owner but Racks has been in the NSFL before in S23 at least. He's taken over for someone that dropped as well that season.

Pickens is fine with me as Racks is a Steelers homer.

"New owner" as in he just took the team over. His history in the league isn't part of this conversation: he walked into a situation that was comically mismanaged by an owner that disappeared well before the keeper deadline. A minor, reasonable correction isn't something we should be complaining about.

Pickle was on 30min ago so hopefully we can get some picks in.

I have a feeling I know who he will select.

I also have a feeling I will be picking at 930am tomorrow.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Some of you guys are just super weird. A new, confused owner selected a coach as a keeper, then disappeared. Pickens was an obvious 1-tag keeper. Why you'd be angry that the logical, reasonable swap was made is just mind-blowing.

What's the concern? That this one decision might lead to the new owner not sucking in his first year? That he might go on to dominate the league? Oh well. If that's your worst-case scenario, so be it. It's better than having an AFK owner at the start of the draft.

This is directed at me so I’ll bite. 

You’re not a babysitter, you’re not a dictator and you’re not someone who is assigned to correct people’s mistakes. 

We’ve all did dumb **** throughout our time here but the levels that you will go through to outreach to a new owner and make sure they’re doing what you perceive is right is wild. 

We are adults, do what you want with your team, nothing has happened maliciously and you live and learn. Stop with the constant bull**** of telling people what to do or what you think they should do - stop the tag police, stop the PMs to new owners who make mistakes. 

You're a great dude but your commitment to this is overwhelming. Let people live and let people learn. 

• Like 1

I appreciate every way TL approaches this league and how he handles himself. Have a whole lot of respect for him that he has earned. We need more great people like him here so we don’t turn into Reddit… and I am not one of those great people myself so I am extra thankful he is here.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

This is directed at me so I’ll bite. 

You’re not a babysitter, you’re not a dictator and you’re not someone who is assigned to correct people’s mistakes. 

We’ve all did dumb **** throughout our time here but the levels that you will go through to outreach to a new owner and make sure they’re doing what you perceive is right is wild. 

We are adults, do what you want with your team, nothing has happened maliciously and you live and learn. Stop with the constant bull**** of telling people what to do or what you think they should do - stop the tag police, stop the PMs to new owners who make mistakes. 

You're a great dude but your commitment to this is overwhelming. Let people live and let people learn. 

But... why? (TL;DR: below.)

Why should I remain silent while a new owner, who doesn't understand value, suggests a decision that is a serious detriment to his team? Why would it be an issue to write that owner and help guide him in the right direction?

You know what's interesting? When I joined NSFL, I listed Tomlin as a keeper. Two owners (to my recollection) advised against it, and one sent me a PM with a general explanation of tag value. I appreciated that assistance. (Malf may have been one of those owners.)

I don't have an issue with, in this situation, mac wanting to keep a coach. Go ahead, fella... keep a coach. Understand that, sure, you could re-draft that coach in the 12th round, and that the tag you're using to keep that coach with has 4th-5th round value, but whatever. Keep a coach. My issue here was that he disappeared after setting those preliminary tags, and the new owner was left with reduced value from that mistake. It wasn't his mistake, and he shouldn't have to feel the consequence of it. A quick fix put things (somewhat) back to where they should be.

rackcs is in my (our) division. I'd love nothing more than if he dominated this season... if he beat me twice, and those two losses kept me out of the playoffs. Why? Because he'd probably enjoy it, and that might make him want to stay. The more quality, active owners we have here, the better off the league. LAO went from being a new owner to winning it all in his second season. He's fantastic for NSFL. I hope he stays for as long as Nacho runs this thing. Owners like that are what this place needs.

TL;DR: I like this place. This place only exists with quality, active owners. Withholding information about the league and watching them struggle because "that's what I had to do" isn't the answer. I'm not asking you, or anyone else, to help them out, but I certainly will when I see an opportunity.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Why should I remain silent while a new owner, who doesn't understand value, suggests a decision that is a serious detriment to his team? Why would it be an issue to write that owner and help guide him in the right direction?

You know what's interesting? When I joined NSFL, I listed Tomlin as a keeper. Two owners (to my recollection) advised against it, and one sent me a PM with a general explanation of tag value. I appreciated that assistance. (Malf may have been one of those owners.)

I don't have an issue with, in this situation, mac wanting to keep a coach. Go ahead, fella... keep a coach. Understand that, sure, you could re-draft that coach in the 12th round, and that the tag you're using to keep that coach with has 4th-5th round value, but whatever. Keep a coach. My issue here was that he disappeared after setting those preliminary tags, and the new owner was left with reduced value from that mistake. It wasn't his mistake, and he shouldn't have to feel the consequence of it. A quick fix put things (somewhat) back to where they should be.

rackcs is in my (our) division. I'd love nothing more than if he dominated this season... if he beat me twice, and those two losses kept me out of the playoffs. Why? Because he'd probably enjoy it, and that might make him want to stay. The more quality, active owners we have here, the better off the league. LAO went from being a new owner to winning it all in his second season. He's fantastic for NSFL. I hope he stays for as long as Nacho runs this thing. Owners like that are what this place needs.

TL;DR: I like this place. This place only exists with quality, active owners. Withholding information about the league and watching them struggle because "that's what I had to do" isn't the answer. I'm not asking you, or anyone else, to help them out, but I certainly will when I see an opportunity.

I agree because after all, its supposed to be fun right

Its a forum game and nacho always makes the best common sense decisions

And if anyone doesnt like it, touch screen until you do

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

The Butte Bots are pleased to welcome @Ragnarok as GM/co-owner

Please honor his picks as you have honored mine and dont forget to tag us both!

Hmmm this is something I tried to make happen last week and you shut it down

9 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

I agree because after all, its supposed to be fun right

Its a forum game and nacho always makes the best common sense decisions

And if anyone doesnt like it, touch screen until you do

Nacho has not made a common sense decision this season. Love the dude buts these exceptions are getting old. 

39 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I respect you for writing this out but I’m not reading it. 

Let’s get back to letting people do what they want with their teams. Stop policing people, stop trying to convince people what to do. 

Have we ever thought maybe he left because he was overwhelmed? I’m not replying to this comment/topic again but I know if I were bombarded with suggestions on what I could potentially be doing wrong I would probably disappear too.