Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 27 - Week 11 Posted)

5 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Ehh the sim is outdated. No disrespect to Nacho but we got one of the better kickers in the NFL missing a PAT, we got punting the ball on 4th and 1 w time running out. I knew the moment I was up 17-6 and he scored that I was losing. 

Call it fatigue or whatever else but this just doesn’t excite me anymore. 

I think some of the flaws are what make it somewhat interesting to me still (and my team just ran twice to end the game, down by 1 point with ARSB, Puka and Tucker, so I get the frustration).

I don't really view it as competing against my opponent, but competing against the sim.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I think some of the flaws are what make it somewhat interesting to me still (and my team just ran twice to end the game, down by 1 point with ARSB, Puka and Tucker, so I get the frustration).

I don't really view it as competing against my opponent, but competing against the sim.

That’s fine. I’m not trying to convince anyone else to have fun or not have fun. 

I just don’t find this enjoyable anymore. Maybe I’ll sleep on it and things will change but if there’s someone reliable out there who wants my team I’m probably ready to move on. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scalamania said:

Ehh the sim is outdated. No disrespect to Nacho but we got one of the better kickers in the NFL missing a PAT, we got punting the ball on 4th and 1 w time running out. I knew the moment I was up 17-6 and he scored that I was losing. 

Call it fatigue or whatever else but this just doesn’t excite me anymore. 

Maybe the team has given up on you for your negativity

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Nah.

I gotta suffer through Herbert starting at RB for one more game, then I can cut him and not suck as much. The price I/we pay for tags.

Start herbert again week 11 only.

I dare you, lets do this

• Like 1

On 3/20/2024 at 8:03 PM, LAOJoe said:

Preseason Power Rankings:

1. Hamilton Hornets - The Champs are here to run it back after returning most of their roster while retooling their defense to replace some liabilities.
2. Rio de Janeiro Pirates - One of the powerhouses of the past season comes back not looking any weaker.
3. Phoenix Rubber Ducks - The Ducks essentially have the same thing going as the Pirates. They are a returning contender that aren't looking any weaker, but they don't have Mahomes.
4. Hanoi Viet Kongs - The stats loved them last season and they made a run in the playoffs. This season they appear a bit weaker on offense overall but might have a stronger line. They also appear stronger on defense.
5. Anchorage Amphibians - They look just as strong as last season with a strong receiving corps and solid defense. They are hoping for more consistency and I bet they are also hoping to get some revenge on the Hornets. Consistency needs time but there is no need to wait to get a shot at Hamilton as they get a trip there for the season opener.
6. Greenland Polar Bears - A great and consistent team last season that still holds onto the core of their Salsa championship roster. They drop because they seemed to have downgraded at every position group outside the offensive backfield ... but I said the same thing last year and they finished 2nd.
7. Reykjavik Direwolves - The only team with a winning record to miss the playoffs is slotted in highly but somehow still out of playoff position. They seemed to have improved a bit and could be ready to make the jump.
8. Butte Bots - I said last preseason that the Tables had a solid foundation and were preparing their team for the future. Well, the future may be now. The team has transformed and the Bots bring a mix of youth and veterans.
9. Little Rock Uni Royals - They've got one of the top defenses entering the season and Josh Allen leading a revamped offense. They were a 1-point loss from the playoffs last season and are looking to improve on their 0.500 record.
10. New Zealand Blobfish - The Blobfish could be higher but it was difficult to sort out the top 10. They bring back a ton of talent that made the playoffs but they might have gotten just a little worse in what was the easiest division and conference. I'm predicting the difficulty turns out the same but this time they win the division.
11. Indianapolis Predators - New Zealand's top rival in the division will probably be the Predators. The offense seems to have improved as a whole and that may be all they need to make the playoffs and then they should have a good enough roster to hang with anyone.
12. Freiburg Venom - Freiburg looked good on paper at a quick glance last preseason but their similar roster from a disappointing prior season was a sign of a poor season to come. They look good and very similar on paper once again, but this time they have a MUCH improved offensive line and probably a better overall set of skill players on offense. They also look more suited to the 3-4.
13. Tokyo Samurai - The Samurai were the definition of streaky last year and they beefed up their defensive secondary to try and remedy that. Their front 7 might be a step back, but the defensive unit as a whole does appear more cohesive. The question is, can Dak lead a similar offensive group to success this season?
14. Wattsville Waste Walruses - I don't expect to see the Walruses finish this low with a proper QB all season. They have some solid, even elite, players in most position groups, but they also have many questions at the back half of the roster. They'll need the sim to like more than a couple later rounders to truly be in contention.
15. Lake Minnewanka Ice Orcas - The Orcas are this low because of their uncertainty at QB. Kyler Murray is gone; being replaced by a rookie who didn't even play a quarter of the season. The rest of the roster has some proven talent, but, until they prove they can win with Richardson, they stay low.
16. Egypt Starfalls - They seemed to have improved slightly from last season, when they were on the cusp of being truly competitive. There are some questions on if the defense is balanced or has too many edge rushers. Last year I had 15 teams that I think could become true contenders. This year I've got 16.
17. Lancaster Fighting Amish - The entire offense has been upgraded, outside of maybe at QB. The defense arguably has as well. They finished strong last season and might have improved enough to surprise. The bottom 4 this season certainly all look much better than last season.
18. Scranton Papermakers - This may be way too low if Brock Purdy does well because they have a very strong offense. The defense looks to be slightly improved as well. It would not surprise me if they do well.
19. Cincinnati Buffleheads - The Beer Bellies underwent a change in ownership and the new management neglected the team, but yet another change in ownership appears to have righted the ship. They showed success vs the bottom of the table last season and should be respectable, but their offseason issues may have them playing for next season.
20. Burlington Sock Puppets - Someone had to be last and it had to be Burlington. Every other team was either promising last season or had some type of significant upgrade. Burlington disappointed last season and downgraded at QB (temporarily) and WR. The offensive line might actually be solid though. There is a lot of talent in the front 7, but, like Egypt, they may have too many edge rushers and not enough coverage and interior presence.

Week 2 Power Rankings:

1. Hamilton Hornets (1-0, LW:1) - A strong defensive performance following their ring ceremony vs what should be a strong Anchorage team.
2. Rio de Janeiro Pirates (1-0, LW:2) - The Pirates had the best all-around showing of the week and it was impressive because they dominated what appeared to be the Ice Orca's stronger side of the ball.
3. Phoenix Rubber Ducks (1-0, LW:3) - The Ducks dominated all game and it got closer than it should have thanks to a successful onside kick. The Waterfowl Feud has a strong start.
4. Reykjavik Direwolves (1-0, LW:7) - It wasn't as close as the score suggests and they dominated on the offensive side of the ball. They stay ahead of the Predators because they looked more consistent.
5. Indianapolis Predators (1-0, LW:11) - So far the Predators are proving to be the Blobfishes' biggest threat in the division this season. A strong division win on the road. The game was over by halftime and some garbage points made it appear much closer than it actually was. By far the best showing of the week in my opinion, but they'll have to clean up their yards allowed through the air.
6. Little Rock Uni Royals (1-0, LW:9) - Josh Allen's passing attack in the clutch with the come from behind victory combined with a stifling run D is a sign of good things to come this season.
7. Greenland Polar Bears (1-0, LW:6) - It wasn't pretty but they stayed within striking distance and kept themselves from having the loss of the week. They avoided overtime thanks to a missed Scranton PAT earlier in the game. I'm not punishing the Polar Bears as much as I'm rewarding some teams below them that had impressive wins. I expect them to rise in the coming weeks.
8. Freiburg Venom (1-0, LW:12) - A strong start from Freiburg vs a strong opponent. Now that is how you make a statement!
9. Anchorage Amphibians (0-1, LW:5) - It was close for a while but their run game couldn't get anywhere. They'll have an early rematch in week 7 to get revenge.
10. Hanoi Viet Kongs (0-1, LW:4) - The Kongs almost escaped after forcing overtime but they fall in the only major upset of the week.
11. Egypt Starfalls (1-0, LW:16) - A win is a win even in a defensive slugfest. We'll see if they can get a bit more offense as the season progresses.
12. Butte Bots (0-1, LW:8) - The offense was strong but their defense was brutal. They made it close but unless they shore up that defense they will have trouble playing up to their potential.
13. Wattsville Waste Walruses (0-1, LW:14) - A very strong defensive showing but just couldn't get enough points to get the win.
14. New Zealand Blobfish (0-1, LW:10) - They got destroyed by turnovers and their defense couldn't stop the passing game. An elite run defense just didn't matter when the opposing offense gets bailed out on passing downs.
15. Lancaster Fighting Amish (1-0, LW:17) - It's always good to start the season with a win and the offense is looking nice.
16. Scranton Papermakers (0-1, LW:18) - They almost pulled off the upset but let it slip and couldn't get into OT because of a missed PAT. They rise a bit as other teams fall.
17. Cincinnati Buffleheads (0-1, LW:19) - The Buffleheads were much more competitive than expected and while style points don't count in the standings, they definitely help you climb out of the cellar of the power rankings.
18. Tokyo Samurai (0-1, LW:13) - It's only one game but they were bottom 5 in points scored and points allowed thanks to a giant collapse in the 4th quarter. It may just be bad luck but it's not a good look right now. They take a deep fall because other teams looked a bit better.
19. Lake Minnewanka Ice Orcas (0-1, LW:15) - This fall might be too harsh considering who they lost to but it wasn't pretty. Their run game is a bright spot on their offense.
20. Burlington Sock Puppets (0-1, LW:20) - They did well on offense but losing to one of the lower ranked teams is going to keep them down at the bottom for now.

GOTW
 Hamilton Hornets @ Phoenix Rubber Ducks (SNF)

National TV:
 Rio de Janeiro Pirates @ Indianapolis Predators (MNF)
 Little Rock Uni Royals @ Anchorage Amphibians (Sunday late)
 Lancaster Fighting Amish @ New Zealand Blobfish (Sunday early, UOTW)
 Freiburg Venom @ Egypt Starfalls (TNF)

Rest of WEEK 2 (Sat, March 30th)

Wattsville Waste Walruses @ Scranton Papermakers
Burlington Sock Puppets @ Reykjavík Direwolves
Lake Minnewanka Ice Orcas @ Cincinnati Buffleheads
Butte Bots @ Hanoi Viet Kongs
Greenland Polar Bears @ Tokyo Samurai

Edited by LAOJoe
  • Like 7

9 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

13. Wattsville Waste Walruses (LW:14) - A very strong defensive showing but just couldn't get enough points to get the win.

If they keep stringing together losses, they will be number 1 before you know it!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Gg @El Ramster. Kyler went back to Wattsville and got it done.

That was one of the most ugliest games I’ve ever seen. Kyler went full Shohei and try to sell us out. But my god was my defense nasty. I also saw Chubbas name like 50 times. I shat my pants. GGs. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, LAOJoe said:

19. Lake Minnewanka Ice Orcas (0-1, LW:15) - This fall might be too harsh considering who they lost to but it wasn't pretty. Their run game is a bright spot on their offense

Accurate ish. Only way to go is up right. AR will lead us to the playoffs, I still believe!

• Like 1

• TheKillerNacho changed the title to Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 27 - Week 11 Posted)