Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 27 - Week 15 Posted)

On 3/20/2024 at 8:03 PM, LAOJoe said:

Preseason Power Rankings:

1. Hamilton Hornets - The Champs are here to run it back after returning most of their roster while retooling their defense to replace some liabilities.
2. Rio de Janeiro Pirates - One of the powerhouses of the past season comes back not looking any weaker.
3. Phoenix Rubber Ducks - The Ducks essentially have the same thing going as the Pirates. They are a returning contender that aren't looking any weaker, but they don't have Mahomes.
4. Hanoi Viet Kongs - The stats loved them last season and they made a run in the playoffs. This season they appear a bit weaker on offense overall but might have a stronger line. They also appear stronger on defense.
5. Anchorage Amphibians - They look just as strong as last season with a strong receiving corps and solid defense. They are hoping for more consistency and I bet they are also hoping to get some revenge on the Hornets. Consistency needs time but there is no need to wait to get a shot at Hamilton as they get a trip there for the season opener.
6. Greenland Polar Bears - A great and consistent team last season that still holds onto the core of their Salsa championship roster. They drop because they seemed to have downgraded at every position group outside the offensive backfield ... but I said the same thing last year and they finished 2nd.
7. Reykjavik Direwolves - The only team with a winning record to miss the playoffs is slotted in highly but somehow still out of playoff position. They seemed to have improved a bit and could be ready to make the jump.
8. Butte Bots - I said last preseason that the Tables had a solid foundation and were preparing their team for the future. Well, the future may be now. The team has transformed and the Bots bring a mix of youth and veterans.
9. Little Rock Uni Royals - They've got one of the top defenses entering the season and Josh Allen leading a revamped offense. They were a 1-point loss from the playoffs last season and are looking to improve on their 0.500 record.
10. New Zealand Blobfish - The Blobfish could be higher but it was difficult to sort out the top 10. They bring back a ton of talent that made the playoffs but they might have gotten just a little worse in what was the easiest division and conference. I'm predicting the difficulty turns out the same but this time they win the division.
11. Indianapolis Predators - New Zealand's top rival in the division will probably be the Predators. The offense seems to have improved as a whole and that may be all they need to make the playoffs and then they should have a good enough roster to hang with anyone.
12. Freiburg Venom - Freiburg looked good on paper at a quick glance last preseason but their similar roster from a disappointing prior season was a sign of a poor season to come. They look good and very similar on paper once again, but this time they have a MUCH improved offensive line and probably a better overall set of skill players on offense. They also look more suited to the 3-4.
13. Tokyo Samurai - The Samurai were the definition of streaky last year and they beefed up their defensive secondary to try and remedy that. Their front 7 might be a step back, but the defensive unit as a whole does appear more cohesive. The question is, can Dak lead a similar offensive group to success this season?
14. Wattsville Waste Walruses - I don't expect to see the Walruses finish this low with a proper QB all season. They have some solid, even elite, players in most position groups, but they also have many questions at the back half of the roster. They'll need the sim to like more than a couple later rounders to truly be in contention.
15. Lake Minnewanka Ice Orcas - The Orcas are this low because of their uncertainty at QB. Kyler Murray is gone; being replaced by a rookie who didn't even play a quarter of the season. The rest of the roster has some proven talent, but, until they prove they can win with Richardson, they stay low.
16. Egypt Starfalls - They seemed to have improved slightly from last season, when they were on the cusp of being truly competitive. There are some questions on if the defense is balanced or has too many edge rushers. Last year I had 15 teams that I think could become true contenders. This year I've got 16.
17. Lancaster Fighting Amish - The entire offense has been upgraded, outside of maybe at QB. The defense arguably has as well. They finished strong last season and might have improved enough to surprise. The bottom 4 this season certainly all look much better than last season.
18. Scranton Papermakers - This may be way too low if Brock Purdy does well because they have a very strong offense. The defense looks to be slightly improved as well. It would not surprise me if they do well.
19. Cincinnati Buffleheads - The Beer Bellies underwent a change in ownership and the new management neglected the team, but yet another change in ownership appears to have righted the ship. They showed success vs the bottom of the table last season and should be respectable, but their offseason issues may have them playing for next season.
20. Burlington Sock Puppets - Someone had to be last and it had to be Burlington. Every other team was either promising last season or had some type of significant upgrade. Burlington disappointed last season and downgraded at QB (temporarily) and WR. The offensive line might actually be solid though. There is a lot of talent in the front 7, but, like Egypt, they may have too many edge rushers and not enough coverage and interior presence.

Just in case someone that missed this wants to ***** at me.

“Little Rock Uni Royals - They've got one of the top defenses entering the season and Josh Allen leading a revamped offense. They were a 1-point loss from the playoffs last season and are looking to improve on their 0.500 record.“

top defenses and Josh Allen. I’ve heard this before. 8-8 seems realistic 

• Like 1

• TheKillerNacho changed the title to Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 27 - Week 15 Posted)