Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 27 - Conference Championships Posted)

1 hour ago, Kingram said:

Good context. I still feel like teams move through my defense like swiss cheese. I feel like I'm often in a situation where I force two incompletions and then let up a 18 yard pass for the first down lol

It's so tough, because what you see in your games (which can be tremendously underwhelming and frustrating) is often better than what others are seeing in their games.

Rodgers was a great example: I came away frequently frustrated and unimpressed, despite the fact that he was playing "well". (My wife hated his performances, for whatever that's worth.) Yet, when you look at things as a whole, he was still performing as a top 2 QB. It doesn't make the underwhelming moments any less underwhelming.

4 hours ago, Malfatron said:

Your last two games are really tough too.

I pretty much need to go 3-0 to surpass you. 

You could watch your game first and if you win, root for me. If you lose root for LR

It's more complicated for me. If you don't get a result out of LR then I can't drop a game because I will own zero tiebreakers vs anyone.

4 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

It's more complicated for me. If you don't get a result out of LR then I can't drop a game because I will own zero tiebreakers vs anyone.

You have a great division record and we split

Also, you might as well root for me because if you cant make the playoffs you are likely sunk anyway. Might as well go for the home game

• Like 1

Just now, Malfatron said:

You have a great division record and we split

Also, you might as well root for me because if you cant make the playoffs you are likely sunk anyway. Might as well go for the home game

I have 2 division losses. If I go 2-1 and lose to LR I have 3. If you win your next 2, you also have 3 and I would finish 3rd behind you and LR if neither of you have a worse record than me. I have a horrible conference record.

And final week it's Butte vs Lancaster and Lancaster also owns the tiebreaker over me. The week before that it's Direwolves vs Amish who both own the tiebreaker over me.

If I don't win out I may be screwed. Assuming you and me both beat LR I can't lose one of my 2 prior games unless you lose yet another game (or maybe LR loses all 3) because you'd own the 3-way division tiebreaker.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I mean...

Jawaan Taylor [13 GS]: 15 pancakes, 6 sacks allowed, 15 stuffs allowed.

Compared to the guy I drafted in the 13th round:

Charles Leno [13 GS]: 16 pancakes, 3 sacks allowed, 7 stuffs allowed.

I was only trying to help. Jawaan is a bad football player in both real life and NSFL.

I'm more of the belief that OL is measured more as a unit than individual stats; the negatives often get credited to the nearest OL even if they did their job correctly.

Rushing: 1,865 (Per Game: 143.46), Per Rush: 4.64

vs

Rushing: 1,531 (Per Game: 117.77), Per Rush: 4.04

Then there's the guard playing alongside him, who missed all of 2023 yet is putting up a NSFL Pro Bowl worthy season:

Andrew Norwell [13 GS]: 21 pancakes, 4 sacks allowed, 5 stuffs allowed.

Is Andrew really that good, or is Jawaan getting 'hit' more? Perhaps Leno would have been a better OT2, but at the end of the day I just had to poke a little fun at your previous post after having locked up the division with the tackle that should have made me 'deserve to lose' ;)

31 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

I'm more of the belief that OL is measured more as a unit than individual stats; the negatives often get credited to the nearest OL even if they did their job correctly.

Rushing: 1,865 (Per Game: 143.46), Per Rush: 4.64

vs

Rushing: 1,531 (Per Game: 117.77), Per Rush: 4.04

Then there's the guard playing alongside him, who missed all of 2023 yet is putting up a NSFL Pro Bowl worthy season:

Andrew Norwell [13 GS]: 21 pancakes, 4 sacks allowed, 5 stuffs allowed.

Is Andrew really that good, or is Jawaan getting 'hit' more? Perhaps Leno would have been a better OT2, but at the end of the day I just had to poke a little fun at your previous post after having locked up the division with the tackle that should have made me 'deserve to lose' ;)

Good points, of course, but basing it on team success is sort of silly. (You have Mahomes, after all.)

If we're looking at other players that may be involved, I've been starting an assortment of RBs for tag management purposes. Ekeler officially lost a leg, and, had Pacheco and Jacobs started every game with a blocking FB, those rushing stats would be significantly higher.

The only OLine stat I'm skeptical of is sacks allowed, as "held the ball too long", "didn't see the defender" and "can't find an open receiver" appear more as QB/WR error but get attributed to an OLinemen. As of now, if a RB gets stuffed, I'm willing to blame whatever OLinemen earned that stuff. I'm guessing they had a hand to play in that outcome.

1 hour ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Yellow division and 1 seed coming down to that week 16 matchup unless I win my next 2 AND you lose 1 of your next 2 @SirA1.

Predators 10-3 (3-2 | Blobfish, @ Ice Orcas, @ Venom)

Venom: 9-4 (5-1 | Blobfish*, Predators)

I've had it circled for awhile. On one hand I kind of want to lose as we will likely see each other in the playoffs and winning 3 against a div opponent is hard to do. But I would take the win as well as home field throughout.

19 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

I've had it circled for awhile. On one hand I kind of want to lose as we will likely see each other in the playoffs and winning 3 against a div opponent is hard to do. But I would take the win as well as home field throughout.

Well you have all weekend to decide

36 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Well you have all weekend to decide

I was talking about the Week 16 game. I'd prefer to win out at this point though. Similar to my last Chip run.

1 hour ago, SirA1 said:

Winning 3 is a common thing IRL and even here when the first 2 are already wins. It's a common misconception that winning 3 times in football is hard. If you have won 2 you have very high odds of winning the 3rd.

• TheKillerNacho changed the title to Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 27 - Conference Championships Posted)