2024 49ers offseason

49erurtaza

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Been watching some edge rushers since there is a great chance that is the direction we go with our first round pick......Both Robinson's intrigue me. No clue if they are projected to drop that low but they have what this team is looking for opposite of Bosa. 

As for corners, I like what I see from Tampa and Wallace may be a late round corner we take. Kind of fits the bill. 

I like Darius a lot. I think that he is actually quite good at both being an edge and an interior player and not just a tweener. Really nice push/pull move, but I'd like to see more counters. It gets harder to just muscle guys, but muscle plays better than just running by guys. Chop I have no idea on and worry about in the first round. You are paying the premium to buy premium tools without the skill to use them yet. And I worry that investment won't pay off while he's on the rookie contract.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, JIllg said:

I like Darius a lot. I think that he is actually quite good at both being an edge and an interior player and not just a tweener. Really nice push/pull move, but I'd like to see more counters. It gets harder to just muscle guys, but muscle plays better than just running by guys. Chop I have no idea on and worry about in the first round. You are paying the premium to buy premium tools without the skill to use them yet. And I worry that investment won't pay off while he's on the rookie contract.

Robinson is raw but he showed in that three game stretch that he has some serious potential. I think I feel better taking a risk on someone like that towards the end of the first round, rather than in the top 15. I understand the concerns though and have no problem if one would not want him taken in the first round. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Robinson is raw but he showed in that three game stretch that he has some serious potential. I think I feel better taking a risk on someone like that towards the end of the first round, rather than in the top 15. I understand the concerns though and have no problem if one would not want him taken in the first round. 

I mean, Chop's got top 5 pick kinda tools imo. I don't have arm length for him, but I think that it's going to be very good for a shorter guy. He's going to have an elite 10 yard split and a ~4.6 40. Physically, he's going to look similar to Will Anderson,  in RAS comparison land. And there is much less risk down where we are and the upside is huge. I get that. It's probably a good long term value play. I just personally want folks I am more sure can eat useful snaps while we have 2 years left on Brock's rookie deal. We are short on known contributors.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JIllg said:

I mean, Chop's got top 5 pick kinda tools imo. I don't have arm length for him, but I think that it's going to be very good for a shorter guy. He's going to have an elite 10 yard split and a ~4.6 40. Physically, he's going to look similar to Will Anderson,  in RAS comparison land. And there is much less risk down where we are and the upside is huge. I get that. It's probably a good long term value play. I just personally want folks I am more sure can eat useful snaps while we have 2 years left on Brock's rookie deal. We are short on known contributors.

I like Chop. Looks super explosive on tape. I would definitely not be against taking him if he’s there at 31. If nothing else he could just go the Aldon Smith route and start as just a situational pass rusher while he developed the rest of his game. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

I feel like a DC hire should be announced today

Calm down Tim Kawakami!!!!! Lol, but yeah, I have no idea why we wouldn't have a DC before the combine. That would make little sense. 

I don't know what is taking so long. Did the Dolphins ever name a DC? 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Calm down Tim Kawakami!!!!! Lol, but yeah, I have no idea why we wouldn't have a DC before the combine. That would make little sense. 

I don't know what is taking so long. Did the Dolphins ever name a DC? 

Miami DC - Anthony Weaver 

Agreed though, we should have our DC ready for the combine. If not, I HAVE to assume it’s internal and they know what we are doing on Def. 

• Like 1

I feel like if the 49ers don't hire a DC today, they will do so later.  

I think once this is announced, the team will feel really excited about the person they hire, and they will be happy to have/keep them in the building.  They will also be excited about the continued growth of the coaching staff and players under the new DC.  

I only make the most hard hitting, bold, offseason predictions.  

43 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

This was my thinking as well...just seemed like a natural day to announce. 

• Like 1

I wonder what AA thinks his market would be if the team cut him? 

I'm curious if there would be any maneuverability on giving him like a 1 year extension which gives him more than he's going to make in base this year.

His base is currently 17.4 + 500K possible in game bonuses + 100K in workout. Nothing guaranteed. So 18M total give or take. 

But if he thinks his market wouldn't be great if he were cut, I wonder if you could go to him and say, "hey, we'll give 10 million this year, 14 million next year....fully guaranteed". That would drop his cap hit 8 million this year and have him be a 20.8 million cap hit next year (he's not even on the roster next year and 14.8 million against next year's cap) 

• Like 1