2024 49ers offseason

49erurtaza

1 minute ago, John232 said:

Props to AA. He really was a fixture here and had to overcome a lot of adversity early on. Really sad to see him go, lot of respect for him as  man and player.

Mike silver was all over this possibility

4 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

What the dead cap hit for this? I thought it was too much to consider as a possibility 

They save 2 million if he's not a June 1 cut. I assume he'll be a June 1 cut though

Gona miss Armstead…dude was a warrior, gave us everything he got, and always performed in the playoffs. He’s a fantastic guy off the field too 

He joins the long recent list of amazing players who never got a ring with us, like Gore, Staley, Willis, Justin Smith, etc 

I wish him well for sure 

Now I wonder…will there be any more surprise cuts/trades? 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

Tim has basically been wrong all the time, but there ya go

Yeah, for being the Editor-in-Chief of The Athletic's Bay Area coverage (and being a 49ers beat reporter for many years prior), Tim is wrong way too often. I don't think he has many (any?) sources from within the 49ers. He's always been pretty smug on social media too. IMO, he is an easy guy to dislike.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, struby3 said:

Yeah, for being the Editor-in-Chief of The Athletic's Bay Area coverage (and being a 49ers beat reporter for many years prior), Tim is wrong way too often. I don't think he has many (any?) sources from within the 49ers. He's always been pretty smug on social media too. IMO, he is an easy guy to dislike.

He's very notably missed twice in recent memory. A second deal on trade deadline day, and the DC thing being "close" (unless someone wants to give him credit for being close because it was only like 10 days). 

Mike silver seems to be the dude to listen to right now

• Like 4

Target T'Vondre Sweat in the draft, and make a run for Danielle Hunter. That would sure make me happy as fan. 

Too bad we traded Buckner, and Javon Kinlaw flopped. But gambles like that have to be taken when you're being shackled by the cap. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe