2024 49ers offseason

49erurtaza

22 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

So restructured Kittle/Hargrave, re-signed Feliciano, Conley & DFF

Like these re-signings for depth

I guess we still target a LB, S & KR/PR in FA. Rest of the needs should be targeted in the draft 

I am worried about Center/RG.  I feel ok about Feliciano's spot, the other one looks pretty shaky.  I am not sure if we can count on a rookie O-lineman.  Bendal's anchor just doesn't seem to reach the bottom of the ocean, and he lets the boat get tipped over too often.  

It's posible McKivitz could offer an upgrade at Guard, but I also might just be lazily projecting a tackle to guard.  

We've yet to find good offensive linemen in the draft.  That is what has me worried about that position group compared to the others you listed up there. 

• Like 2

I don't know if anyone listened to Guy Haberman, but yesterday or the day before he had Lombardi on the show. I thought Lombardi said something pretty interesting in that he thinks the next step for Brock Purdy is going to come from calling protections out. 

Protections have pretty much been a center thing for Shanny for as long as I can remember, but the protection calls were a disaster last year in the super bowl.  If you watch JTO, you'll hear him question the protection calls every now and again as well. 

So I found that interesting. 

But I will say that if you think Brendel can't carry that part of the job, and that's a particularly instrumental part of your foundation, maybe you should get a new center. 

• Like 10

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't know if anyone listened to Guy Haberman, but yesterday or the day before he had Lombardi on the show. I thought Lombardi said something pretty interesting in that he thinks the next step for Brock Purdy is going to come from calling protections out. 

Protections have pretty much been a center thing for Shanny for as long as I can remember, but the protection calls were a disaster last year in the super bowl.  If you watch JTO, you'll hear him question the protection calls every now and again as well. 

But I will say that if you think Brendel can't carry that part of the job, and that's a particularly instrumental part of your foundation, maybe you should get a new center. 

Yes, new Center plz! 

JPJ 

FRAZIER

BARTON

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Forge said:

I've been saying that since the early part of last season. It is ridiculous how much Kyle tries to micro manage the QB position. Let Purdy make the protection calls. 

Kyle has always valued the center position as much as any position on the OL because of the amount of trusts he places on the C. Time for that to change. 

3 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

This isn't going to happen, but I'd love for our first 3 picks to be an OT, OG, and C. 

• 1.31: Jordan Morgan or Kingsley Suamataia
  • 2.63: Zach Frazier
  • 3.94: Christian Mahogany

I'd be fully on board. But to be honest, I'm starting to think Ward won't be re-signed next season, which opens the door for the 49ers to start thinking about drafting a corner relatively high in this draft. Ward would be 29 and would probably be looking in the $18-20 million a season range. I think it makes sense for the 49ers to extend DMO and move on from Ward.

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I never expected this team to lose a pick for this type of an error but it is what it is. 

So how much cap space do we have now that all the signings are official? 

Joan from payroll finally getting her revenge for Tomsula.

• Like 4