2024 49ers offseason

49erurtaza

27 minutes ago, Forge said:

Listened to over the cap podcast tonight and he had us pegged as one of the teams to watch next year for cap issues, which really shouldn't surprise anyone

I'm saying...they really should trade Aiyuk imo, this is the draft to do it.  No one wants to hear it though.  So I guess they are going to cut/trade Deebo, which also makes sense. 

24 minutes ago, WhyAmIHere said:

I'm saying...they really should trade Aiyuk imo, this is the draft to do it.  No one wants to hear it though.  So I guess they are going to cut/trade Deebo, which also makes sense. 

Move Aiyuk and  you're completely empty on offense skill playersafter two more years potentially. Kittle is old. CMC is old (by running back standards). Deebo should not be extended after his contract is up. It'd have to be a worthwhile package for me to do it. 17 + a third from Jax. 1st and 2nd from Buffalo. I'd rather keep Aiyuk and know I at least have that moving forward. 

The eject button on deebo was always this year or next. For me, it was this year because we save 7 million this year if we trade him, and no dead money next year. So that 24 million is just available to us. Next year he only saves 9 million if we cut / trade him. He also misses games pretty regularly.

Now, I'll admit that I probably overestimated his trade value earlier in the offseason. I thought they could get a second. Don't think that happens now.  Probably a third. I didn't love it, but hard decisions are coming and may already be here. But I think you could trade him for an early third and in this receiver class you may be able to get a very useful receiver in the 65-75 range who could be a solid wr2. And that's before you consider an ability to move up. No guarantee, and there would be growing pains, but you still have CMC, Aiyuk, and kittle. You have to be about to create a great offense with that weaponry. Also, moving deebo probably puts Aiyuk full time in the x, and we've seen shanny being willing to pepper that position with targets, which should blow up his numbers. Could see a lamb type season from Aiyuk with that role

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Forge said:

Move Aiyuk and  you're completely empty on offense skill playersafter two more years potentially. Kittle is old. CMC is old (by running back standards). Deebo should not be extended after his contract is up. It'd have to be a worthwhile package for me to do it. 17 + a third from Jax. 1st and 2nd from Buffalo. I'd rather keep Aiyuk and know I at least have that moving forward. 

The eject button on deebo was always this year or next. For me, it was this year because we save 7 million this year if we trade him, and no dead money next year. So that 24 million is just available to us. Next year he only saves 9 million if we cut / trade him. He also misses games pretty regularly.

Now, I'll admit that I probably overestimated his trade value earlier in the offseason. I thought they could get a second. Don't think that happens now.  Probably a third. I didn't love it, but hard decisions are coming and may already be here. But I think you could trade him for an early third and in this receiver class you may be able to get a very useful receiver in the 65-75 range who could be a solid wr2. And that's before you consider an ability to move up. No guarantee, and there would be growing pains, but you still have CMC, Aiyuk, and kittle. You have to be about to create a great offense with that weaponry. Also, moving deebo probably puts Aiyuk full time in the x, and we've seen shanny being willing to pepper that position with targets, which should blow up his numbers. Could see a lamb type season from Aiyuk with that role

On top of that, what was with that lack of effort on Deebo's part in the SUPER BOWL!!!!!! I cannot recall him mailing it in like he did on several routes and catch attempts. It was disgusting. 

Psych-Montages-C'mon Son on Make a GIF

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

On top of that, what was with that lack of effort on Deebo's part in the SUPER BOWL!!!!!! I cannot recall him mailing it in like he did on several routes and catch attempts. It was disgusting. 

Psych-Montages-C'mon Son on Make a GIF

Deebo was hurt. Some of that is on Kyle for continuing to go to him over and over. Kyle is obsessed with Deebo and CMC usage (and I'm a big Kyle fan). 

10 hours ago, WhyAmIHere said:

Deebo won't be here next year. I wouldn't be shocked if they extended Kittle, to be honest. His restructure makes him a lock, in my opinion, for the 2025 season. But at the same time, I thought the same for Armstead for the 2024 season. The roster is going to look different in 2025. I'm 100 percent against trading Aiyuk.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, WhyAmIHere said:

Deebo was hurt. Some of that is on Kyle for continuing to go to him over and over. Kyle is obsessed with Deebo and CMC usage (and I'm a big Kyle fan). 

I don't recall anything of the kind being said by anyone? Regardless, why did it only impact his receiving reps?

And trading the WR Purdy has the most chemistry with? Nah. Not a good idea at all. Aiyuk is more dependable than Deebo as far as 'availability' goes...which is far, in my eyes. 

Edited by Chrissooner49er

35 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I don't recall anything of the kind being said by anyone? Regardless, why did it only impact his receiving reps?

And trading the WR Purdy has the most chemistry with? Nah. Not a good idea at all. Aiyuk is more dependable than Deebo as far as 'availability' goes...which is far, in my eyes. 

I guess I should preface by saying i'm a HUGE McConkey groupie and I think he could give you a big chunk of Aiyuk's production in this system next year along with getting open better/quicker on shorter routes when it's 3rd and 4-6 (and he's faster).  Then I would figure you could use the Aiyuk capital to get a tackle to protect Brock.  I understand both sides of the argument though. 

I just don't think WRs are worth the huge asset allocation personally.  I can't name the last Superbowl winning team who had an elite, highly paid WR.  Was it the Colts with Marvin Harrison?  It's just not a recipe for success imo, and the Chiefs knew it with Tyreek.  I'm all about building the oline and dline when you have a pretty good QB.  Obviously, they haven't had a good QB previously, so they put assets into the weapons, which is understandable.  I know these are controversial takes and I'll get plastered for saying it lol.  

But yeah, if you get rid of Deebo it ameliorates some of my concerns.  

Edited by WhyAmIHere

31 minutes ago, WhyAmIHere said:

I guess I should preface by saying i'm a HUGE McConkey groupie and I think he could give you a big chunk of Aiyuk's production in this system next year along with getting open better/quicker on shorter routes when it's 3rd and 4-6 (and he's faster).  Then I would figure you could use the Aiyuk capital to get a tackle to protect Brock.  I understand both sides of the argument though. 

I just don't think WRs are worth the huge asset allocation personally.  I can't name the last Superbowl winning team who had an elite, highly paid WR.  Was it the Colts with Marvin Harrison?  It's just not a recipe for success imo, and the Chiefs knew it with Tyreek.  I'm all about building the oline and dline when you have a pretty good QB.  Obviously, they haven't had a good QB previously, so they put assets into the weapons, which is understandable.  I know these are controversial takes and I'll get plastered for saying it lol.  

But yeah, if you get rid of Deebo it ameliorates some of my concerns.  

McConkey is one thing we can agree on: That dude has amazing feet! So shifty and deceptive in his routes. 

I don't think BA will be traded.

But as I have stated before, it would not shock me in the least if they did.

If there were ever a draft year you would think about moving off a young WR, poised to reset the market, it would be this one.

But I understand the trepidation of those who don't like the thought of trying to hit on yet another WR.

Edited by 757-NINER

4 hours ago, WhyAmIHere said:

An eternal debate. I agree that you don't necessarily need the elite 1a guy. I think you're just fine having two quality starters and a competent 3rd wide receiver. 

For me having BA makes missing on future receivers, or not getting as much, a little more tenable. If you move BA and then let the older guys walk and miss on replacements, even just with underwhelming guys and not outright busts, you're in trouble. 

I like BA more than I liked Deebo 2 years ago. I was willing to move Samuel then, so obviously I'd be willing to move him now. But I'd also rather move him at a discount (say a third round pick) than I would move BA for a first round pick in the 20s and a mid round pick. 

But I would understand it if they did move BA for that. 

• Like 2

The Bills and the Steelers are presumably the two teams who would be bidding for Aiyuk.. But Buffalo is in cap hell and would save a ton of money by taking Brian Thomas instead of sending that pick plus a future 2nd or whatever for BA. Pittsburgh has a track record of developing WRs and getting production right out of the draft.. I have to think there are a few guys in the 2nd-3rd round range they'd be happy with 

Then again nobody expected Houston to make the Diggs trade.. who else is out there to make a trade for Aiyuk? Jacksonville? New England?

15 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Using Sports Info Solutions stats, McKivitz had a 4 percent blown block percentage, committed two penalties, and allowed 13 sacks, but only two opponent stuffs, all good for 24 “total points earned,” which can be viewed as wins above replacement stat.

In his last year with the Niners, McGlinchey had a blown block percentage of only 2.3 percent while committing eight penalties, allowing seven sacks and only two opponent stuffs, good for 29 “total points earned.”