2024 49ers offseason

49erurtaza

12 minutes ago, WhyAmIHere said:

Who has Foerster ever developed though?  honestly.  He's thought of as this amazing lord of OL but I don't see many examples.  Why is he so revered? 

I mean, it is a real skill to get a team consistently into the top ten of offensive line run blocking yards with little investment. The issue is the other half of the game.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JIllg said:

I mean, it is a real skill to get a team consistently into the top ten of offensive line run blocking yards with little investment. The issue is the other half of the game.

THAT part....

It's not the 80's anymore.

You can't win soley based off a great run game & a stout defense.

You have to be able to win your fair share of aerial duels.

And that can only happen if you can pass block at a fairly decent clip.

But against good-great defenses, fairly decent becomes non-existent for us.

Edited by 757-NINER

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

THAT part....

It's not the 80's anymore.

You can't win soley based off a great run game & a stout defense.

You have to be able to win your fair share of aerial duels.

And that can only happen if you can pass block at a fairly decent clip.

But against good-great defenses, fairly decent becomes non-existent for us.

Not only that, but I'll say it again for those in the back, there was a significant difference in running to either side of the formation. One side has a top 5 nfl draft pick and a second rounder, the other side has a fourth rounder and a fifth rounder. Guess which side is better

Edited by Ftn49
  • Like 3

https://x.com/Coach_Yac/status/1796197726838718749?t=b8PGyqDBAZh1ix5ECiqw1Q&s=19

Matt Maiocco on #49ers rookie WR Ricky Pearsall: 

“My first impression is the same as my second impression, which is Ricky Pearsall and Brock Purdy look PRETTY good working together on the field… Pearsall looks like he’s going to make an impact year 1.”

via: 49ers Talk

2 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

https://x.com/Coach_Yac/status/1796197726838718749?t=b8PGyqDBAZh1ix5ECiqw1Q&s=19

Matt Maiocco on #49ers rookie WR Ricky Pearsall: 

“My first impression is the same as my second impression, which is Ricky Pearsall and Brock Purdy look PRETTY good working together on the field… Pearsall looks like he’s going to make an impact year 1.”

via: 49ers Talk

I mean that sounds good and all but that would mean we change the identity of the offense and for him to split time with Jennings when everyone is healthy. If everyone is healthy? I don't really see Pearsall making a huge impact. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean that sounds good and all but that would mean we change the identity of the offense and for him to split time with Jennings when everyone is healthy. If everyone is healthy? I don't really see Pearsall making a huge impact. 

I dunno, if it's 3rd and 8, what's really the point of having Deebo out there when he can't separate?  Put out three guys who can separate with CMC.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Agreed

6 minutes ago, WhyAmIHere said:

I dunno, if it's 3rd and 8, what's really the point of having Deebo out there when he can't separate?  Put out three guys who can separate with CMC.  

Most teams can't run man coverage with that kind of confidence, tbh. You're still going to have a lot of zone in those situations

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Forge said:

Most teams can't run man coverage with that kind of confidence, tbh. You're still going to have a lot of zone in those situations

I'd say teams are going to look at what the Chiefs did to Deebo and search for a similar strategy.  Now the Niners have more options in those situations, especially against the elite secondaries. 

IMO, one of the things this team has been missing the last couple years is a precise separator who can get open quickly consistently, mostly in the slot.  It's why I wanted McConkey.  

Edited by WhyAmIHere
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I think the identity of the offense started to change ever since Brock took over. The 1st thing I thought when they drafted Pearsall was that they're getting more guys in who fit Brock's style of play. Not saying Deebo isn't needed, but his value was a lot higher with a QB like Jimmy.

I'm tired of hearing how this offense isn't built to come from behind, which is a true statement. I'm sure Kyle hears that too.

• Like 2