2024 49ers offseason

49erurtaza

Just now, WhyAmIHere said:

I'd say teams are going to look at what the Chiefs did to Deebo and search for a similar strategy.  Now the Niners have more options in those situations, especially against the elite secondaries. 

I wish them good luck with that. There's probably like 4 teams that can actually do it. 

It's nice to be able to have counterpunch when you run into it (which the team didn't have in the super bowl), but people went overboard on the Deebo thing. They don't need to pull Deebo off the field on 3rd and 8 or anything. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

I wish them good luck with that. There's probably like 4 teams that can actually do it. 

It's nice to be able to have counterpunch when you run into it (which the team didn't have in the super bowl), but people went overboard on the Deebo thing. They don't need to pull Deebo off the field on 3rd and 8 or anything. 

Also, the Chiefs were darn lucky (for this among other reasons) that Kittle was banged up in that game with multiple injuries. Jacksonville had a similar plan on third down - to pounce on our receivers in man to man - and Kittle burnt the quite athletic Devin Lloyd like toast for a monster touchdown.

• Like 1

Chris Simms has Brock Purdy #17 on his QB rankings. Little lower than I would have him. Can't quite get there when you're putting him lower than Baker Mayfield. 

Here's a snip

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean that sounds good and all but that would mean we change the identity of the offense and for him to split time with Jennings when everyone is healthy. If everyone is healthy? I don't really see Pearsall making a huge impact. 

I agree I don't see him having a huge impact, but I can see him having a significant one. History might not be a great guide right now as Shanahan hasn't been 4-deep at WR in his time here (I don't feel like going back decades to research, but maybe any point in his career?). Pearsall (on paper as a promising first round pick who has the caveat of only donning a helmet thus far in the NFL) is likely > McCloud, late career Sanu, James, Goodwin, or Aldrick Robinson. So, it's impossible to say if Pearsall (#31) makes it to at least rookie-level Aiyuk (#25) or Deebo (#36) that Shanahan won't find a way to get him on the field more than he has for players of lesser pedigrees. It doesn't mean he has to go 4-wide or change the system. It could just be a package rotation to give the top 3 needed breathers.

• Like 2

Jauan Jennings' terms are in, 2yr $15.39M deal, he got minimum base salaries for 2024 & 2025, $1.055M & $1.17M, he got a $6.21M signing bonus, prorated over 5yrs, has $625K per game roster bonuses in both years, a $100K workout bonus in 2025, plus he's due a $5.605M option bonus in 2025, total of $10.54M GTD, $8.435M is fully GTD.

Cap numbers are $2,774,941 in 2024, & $4.258M in 2025, but he will have a $8.21M dead money hit in 2026.

Terms come from OverTheCap.com.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 49erscap said:

Jauan Jennings' terms are in, 2yr $15.39M deal, he got minimum base salaries for 2024 & 2025, $1.055M & $1.17M, he got a $6.21M signing bonus, prorated over 5yrs, has $625K per game roster bonuses in both years, a $100K workout bonus in 2025, plus he's due a $5.605M option bonus in 2025, total of $10.54M GTD, $8.435M is fully GTD.

Cap numbers are $2,774,941 in 2024, & $4.258M in 2025, but he will have a $8.21M dead money hit in 2026.

Terms come from OverTheCap.com.

I'm curious about the option bonus. Let's say he is outplayed by others this season, if SF releases him before the option deadline then his dead money hit would only be $6.138M ('25-'28 signing bonus and '25 guaranteed salary) right?

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I haven't looked at it myself to verify, but lol 

Well, Ward for sure is wrong. But the figures are just funny

I believe next season we are currently at 34 million in dead cap. Thats not including moving on from Deebo. Lol 

The one thing that's saving the 49ers from being in salary cap hell is the massive surplus of cap space that they have been carrying over from year to year. As of tomorrow, we should have $26 million in cap space. Aiyuk's extension could lower his cap hit this season. I'd probably say $8-10 million is needed for in-season roster maintenance. If they could roll over $20 million or so, cutting Collins and Deebo next season should put the team in the green depending on how Aiyuk cap hit will be. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Silver not saying this willy nilly.  I think CMC is wanting to cash in

Do it. McCaffrey is huge to this team. I know he’s a RB and generally they have a short shelf life, but I think CMC could be an exception to the rule with all the other things he does. Hopefully we can give him some breathers this year and not ride him so hard.

McCaffrey should finish his career with us imo. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, WhyAmIHere said:

Nienrs just signed Logan Thomas.  Dude is old but had 500 yards receiving last year, not bad. 

He has been healthy the past few seasons, playing 1,400 snaps over the past two years. I think this is easily an upgrade for our depth over what we have had the past few years. Purdy has weapons galore. Who needs an offensive line?

• Like 2