2024 49ers offseason

49erurtaza

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, adamq said:

That mindset seems to be a thing of the past. Players know that their time is extremely short and want paid first and foremost.

Not just in football, either. There has been chatter in the NBA this season about what a breath of fresh air it is to have an uber competitive, basketball first superstar enter the league. (Wemby)

I dunno man.  Other contending teams seem pretty locked in.  I'm getting kind of an entitled vibe from this squad. 

Edit: nvm, turns out he missed the day because of daughter's graduation. 

Edited by WhyAmIHere

4 hours ago, JIllg said:

Apparently, the team was all ready to take Ben Sinnott in the second round before he was taken. *bows*

I think that same report said we were set to take Cam Taylor-Britt before the Bengals traded in front of us. I find that interesting because after the draft Lynch mentioned that they considered trading up for Drake Jackson that year. 

15 hours ago, WhyAmIHere said:

Still way early but Pearsall is impressing everyone.  Kyle already trying to get him more reps.  Buckle up. 

He's definitely going to get his fair share of reps this offseason. His ability to win and create space was always going to fit well with Purdy and this offense. Heck, those qualities work for any offense.  

What I've liked hearing the most is how Green is playing exactly the same way he did in college. His competitiveness is similar to Lenoir's and we will have two little bulldogs at corner giving receivers all types of problems. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He's definitely going to get his fair share of reps this offseason. His ability to win and create space was always going to fit well with Purdy and this offense. Heck, those qualities work for any offense.  

What I've liked hearing the most is how Green is playing exactly the same way he did in college. His competitiveness is similar to Lenoir's and we will have two little bulldogs at corner giving receivers all types of problems. 

The most encouraging thing to see for me was CJ Stroud getting so dramatic and declaring "There goes my guy!". That really caused me to go "Hmmmmmm....". I was shocked and a little disappointed initially. I was convinced we would go DL or OL but realize why we did not...pickings got rather slim.

• Like 2

Months before superstar wide receiver Justin Jefferson agreed to a historic four-year, $140 million contract extension with the Minnesota Vikings on Monday, making him the highest-paid non-quarterback in the NFL, San Francisco was one of a few teams that inquired with Minnesota about trading for the star receiver, ESPN's Adam Schefter reported on the latest episode of "The Adam Schefter Podcast."

"Never ever got close," Schefter told co-host Daniel Dopp when asked if the Vikings actually entertained calls on Jefferson. "Some teams reached out. The New York Jets reached out about Justin Jefferson. The Indianapolis Colts reached out about Justin Jefferson, you know that? The 49ers reached out about Justin Jefferson, you know that?"

39 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Months before superstar wide receiver Justin Jefferson agreed to a historic four-year, $140 million contract extension with the Minnesota Vikings on Monday, making him the highest-paid non-quarterback in the NFL, San Francisco was one of a few teams that inquired with Minnesota about trading for the star receiver, ESPN's Adam Schefter reported on the latest episode of "The Adam Schefter Podcast."

"Never ever got close," Schefter told co-host Daniel Dopp when asked if the Vikings actually entertained calls on Jefferson. "Some teams reached out. The New York Jets reached out about Justin Jefferson. The Indianapolis Colts reached out about Justin Jefferson, you know that? The 49ers reached out about Justin Jefferson, you know that?"

My head cannon for this ridiculous story: The 49ers were preparing to deal Aiyuk early in the offseason and reached out to the Vikings to see what the absolute top-of-market trade value would be and adjusted their expectations for Aiyuk accordingly. 

Trading for and then signing Jefferson seems so astronomical that it's not even real. It would be cheaper and less corrosive to the locker room to just sign Aiyuk. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

My head cannon for this ridiculous story: The 49ers were preparing to deal Aiyuk early in the offseason and reached out to the Vikings to see what the absolute top-of-market trade value would be and adjusted their expectations for Aiyuk accordingly. 

Trading for and then signing Jefferson seems so astronomical that it's not even real. It would be cheaper and less corrosive to the locker room to just sign Aiyuk. 

I think our FO just explores every option, which is something I absolutely love. Can’t hurt to ask imo.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I think our FO just explores every option, which is something I absolutely love. Can’t hurt to ask imo.

I agree with that. John has quietly been one of the most aggressive and successful GMs in the game. He doesn't get talked about enough.

20 hours ago, WhyAmIHere said:

Still way early but Pearsall is impressing everyone.  Kyle already trying to get him more reps.  Buckle up. 

Given that he's in a non contact jersey, I can't take anything from this Mini seriously. 

Will just wait for TC 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Given that he's in a non contact jersey, I can't take anything from this Mini seriously. 

Will just wait for TC 

Was he still in a noncontact yesterday? Because one report was that he made a "physical" catch on Green. Not sure how you can make a physical catch without being touched lol.

But I'll take it a bit further....I'll wait until preseason to make any adjustment. Pearsall is always going to look good in these settings. He's likely to look good in real action but let's wait and see on that. 

We are getting three starters from this draft class, minimum. Hopefully one of them emerges as an pro bowl caliber player.  

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Was he still in a noncontact yesterday? Because one report was that he made a "physical" catch on Green. Not sure how you can make a physical catch without being touched lol.

But I'll take it a bit further....I'll wait until preseason to make any adjustment. Pearsall is always going to look good in these settings. He's likely to look good in real action but let's wait and see on that. 

We are getting three starters from this draft class, minimum. Hopefully one of them emerges as an pro bowl caliber player.  

Yes. Blue jersey per barrows yesterday

Another reason he’s stood out: While every other player is in red or white, Pearsall has donned a blue, no-contact jersey the last two weeks. Kyle Shanahan said that’s due to “soreness” Pearsall experienced coming out of the first week of OTAs last month. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yes. Blue jersey per barrows yesterday

Another reason he’s stood out: While every other player is in red or white, Pearsall has donned a blue, no-contact jersey the last two weeks. Kyle Shanahan said that’s due to “soreness” Pearsall experienced coming out of the first week of OTAs last month. 

Then how does he make a "physical" catch on Green if he can't be touched? Lol. 

• Like 1