2024 Offseason Tracker

General Tso

28 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Cam Hart and Isaiah Johnson are the two most likely candidates to do this. 

I could also see Josh Wallace do it.  He excels against the run and in zone coverage.  He is solid enough in man that it may make sense to keep him at CB or try to like we did Iffy but could move if it didn't work there. 

Sounds like we re-signed Bam Knight to compete for the #3 rb job. I've always been a big fan of his game. Hopefully he can stay healthy!

I doubt he supplants Craig Reynolds, but it never hurts to have a strong room.

• Like 2

Sounds like the Bears got a relatively good deal on keeping Jaylon Johnson.  4 years at $76 M is less than $20M per year.  They are giving him $43.8M up front so that may be why (time value of money for him to invest) but still seems odd to be the top CB in the league, 25 years old and not sign one of the top 7 APY deals for a CB.  

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

Sounds like we re-signed Bam Knight to compete for the #3 rb job. I've always been a big fan of his game. Hopefully he can stay healthy!

I doubt he supplants Craig Reynolds, but it never hurts to have a strong room.

He was an ERFA so made sense to bring him back.  Can't get much cheaper than that and always good to have extra bodies and competition.  Also i am pretty sure ERFA deals are not guaranteed so if they cut him it isn't a loss. 

• Like 1

This is something we can file into "unlikely but not complete fantasy"

Instead of paying Danielle Hunter $18-$20M

Signing Jonathan Greenard ($15M) with AJ Epenesa ($5M) to play the REO role for us. 

Greenard played 632 total snaps with Houston last year. Harris + Okwara's played 660 total snaps. 

Epenesa played 388 snaps in Buffalo. 

Greenard is a bit bigger, so Epenesa would be in the Harris/Okwara rotational mode while Greenard could arguably take some of Paschal's snaps at RE. 

I was watching The Athletic's football show and they were breaking out the free agent class and making "best fits". They mentioned Greenard and Detroit. Epenesa was an "honourable mention". 

The Bills are re-setting their roster for their next push to compete with Josh Allen. It could be appealing for Epenesa to join a roster that's looking to compete for a title now. I'm not sold that Greenard is going to leave Houston but he could be an interesting guy if he does get out there. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

This is something we can file into "unlikely but not complete fantasy"

Instead of paying Danielle Hunter $18-$20M

Signing Jonathan Greenard ($15M) with AJ Epenesa ($5M) to play the REO role for us. 

Greenard played 632 total snaps with Houston last year. Harris + Okwara's played 660 total snaps. 

Epenesa played 388 snaps in Buffalo. 

Greenard is a bit bigger, so Epenesa would be in the Harris/Okwara rotational mode while Greenard could arguably take some of Paschal's snaps at RE. 

I was watching The Athletic's football show and they were breaking out the free agent class and making "best fits". They mentioned Greenard and Detroit. Epenesa was an "honourable mention". 

The Bills are re-setting their roster for their next push to compete with Josh Allen. It could be appealing for Epenesa to join a roster that's looking to compete for a title now. I'm not sold that Greenard is going to leave Houston but he could be an interesting guy if he does get out there. 

I’d actually like that better….sign both of them and  Chidobe Awuzie and call the pre draft off-season good.

4 minutes ago, Miblue said:

I’d actually like that better….sign both of them and  Chidobe Awuzie and call the pre draft off-season good.

If you're looking at free agent money

• Greenard - $15M
  • Epenesa - $5M
  • Darious Williams - $9M

Not a bad haul

I guess we can add Josh Sweat to the short list of potential Lions trade targets.  He would be a solid addition of they can get the compensation right.  He could fill the Romeo Okwara/Charles Harris role and be a significant upgrade from Day 1.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/report-eagles-are-having-trade-calls-on-de-josh-sweat

Edited by Just Want A Title

1 hour ago, detfan782004 said:

Man Cleveland gave up nothing for Jeudy. 

True, but he's making 13mm guaranteed this season and is due for an extension. Broncos are completely off the hook with that trade. I think the contract had more to do with the low return than anything else.

Also he's a JAG.

1 hour ago, nagahide13 said:

True, but he's making 13mm guaranteed this season and is due for an extension. Broncos are completely off the hook with that trade. I think the contract had more to do with the low return than anything else.

Also he's a JAG.

Oh I wasn't saying Det should have. Just in shock he didn't get more for Den 

• Like 1

I'm looking at some Philly cap numbers and I'm getting the feeling that they're going to be in cap hell after this season. They're going to have to trade away a bunch of guys like, right now to avoid it. Maybe that's why there is chatter around Sweat and Reddick. They both have 3 void years, Bradburry has 4, Lane Johnson has 3, Hurts has 7, Brown has 2, Slay has 4, Mailiata has 4... Yikes. They're gonna need some magic.

Edited by nagahide13
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

I'm looking at some Philly cap numbers and I'm getting the feeling that they're going to be in cap hell after this season. They're going to have to trade away a bunch of guys like, right now to avoid it. Maybe that's why there is chatter around Sweat and Reddick. They both have 3 void years, Bradburry has 4, Lane Johnson has 3, Hurts has 7, Brown has 2, Slay has 4, Mailiata has 4... Yikes. They're gonna need some magic.

You are probably right about that.  For all of the praise that Howie Roseman has gotten, his last two years in the draft and free agency really haven't put this team over the top

Edited by Just Want A Title

8 hours ago, Just Want A Title said:

I guess we can add Josh Sweat to the short list of potential Lions trade targets.  He would be a solid addition of they can get the compensation right.  He could fill the Romeo Okwara/Charles Harris role and be a significant upgrade from Day 1.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/report-eagles-are-having-trade-calls-on-de-josh-sweat

I think Khalil Mack could be had for less and he'd only be expensive for one year.

• Like 1