2024 Offseason Tracker

General Tso

21 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

There's a discussion that they could be in the JJ McCarthy conversation. With their pick sitting there at #12, they probably have to trade up to get him. The Giants (#6), Vikings (#11) and Raiders (#13) are in the mix for him. 

McCarthy in Denver would be excellent fit 

We have been talking a lot about L"Jarius Sneed.  However, the Dolphins will reportedly not use the Franchise Tag on DL Christian Wilkins.  What are the odds that the Lions make a run at Christian Wilkins?  I don't think it is realistic but he would be a really good addition to the Lions.

36 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

We have been talking a lot about L"Jarius Sneed.  However, the Dolphins will reportedly not use the Franchise Tag on DL Christian Wilkins.  What are the odds that the Lions make a run at Christian Wilkins?  I don't think it is realistic but he would be a really good addition to the Lions.

Doesn't really fit what Detroit leadership has said over and over thus offseason. They have prepared the fans for nothing splashy.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

Doesn't really fit what Detroit leadership has said over and over thus offseason. They have prepared the fans for nothing splashy.

That is what I figured but it is worth hashing over.  It isn't very often a player of his caliber is allowed to become a free agent.

I just read about this on L'Jarius Sneed.  I am not sure if this make the situation more or less interesting.  This will definitely affect what teams are willing to give up in a trade.

"Numerous sources tell Tony Pauline of Sportskeeda that Chiefs CB L’Jarius Sneed was dealing with a knee injury that prevented him from practicing for “long stretches” of last season."

AFC Rumors: Chris Jones, L’Jarius Sneed, Michael Thomas, Broncos, Chiefs, Raiders (msn.com)

I feel the Lions would have stood a better chance of recovering that key onside kick in the NFC title game if it only needed to go five yards for the kicking team to recover.

That's something the NFL needs to consider, shortening the distance for a legal onside kick recovery by the kicking team to five yards.

7 minutes ago, pf9 said:

I feel the Lions would have stood a better chance of recovering that key onside kick in the NFC title game if it only needed to go five yards for the kicking team to recover.

That's something the NFL needs to consider, shortening the distance for a legal onside kick recovery by the kicking team to five yards.

Kickoffs are under review. Haven't fully read up on them 

https://thespun.com/nfl/nfl-fans-are-ripping-onside-kick-rules-change-proposal

32 minutes ago, pf9 said:

I don't like rules that bring more luck into the equation which I believe this would do. I would you like to have the Lions up by 14 in a SB with 30 seconds left and the other team has the ball on the 50. We dominate the game but they get a fluke TD because a CB trips. Now they get a much easier onside kick with 23 seconds left. They recover and this time the refs throw a flag for PI and give them the ball on the 1 with 15 seconds left. They score, we go to OT, and lose. All because of an onside kick rule change. No thanks. I want football to be decided by teams ability to run, pass, and defend, not primarily because of ST play.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, idoubtit said:

I don't like rules that bring more luck into the equation which I believe this would do. I would you like to have the Lions up by 14 in a SB with 30 seconds left and the other team has the ball on the 50. We dominate the game but they get a fluke TD because a CB trips. Now they get a much easier onside kick with 23 seconds left. They recover and this time the refs throw a flag for PI and give them the ball on the 1 with 15 seconds left. They score, we go to OT, and lose. All because of an onside kick rule change. No thanks. I want football to be decided by teams ability to run, pass, and defend, not primarily because of ST play.

Agree.  There seems to have been a lot talk over the past few years of coming up with rule changes to make late game comebacks more feasible.  The entire conversation drives me crazy.  Let the better team win. 

• Like 1

Given the not-so-great safety class in the draft, it seems like it is a good bet the Lions add a veteran safety.  There seem to be a lot of high-quality options in free agency.  I am hoping they sign a higher-level starter so that we don't have to ride "the Kerby Joseph roller coaster" again.  

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

If I remember correctly, Shane Zylstra dropped a bunch of weight and was competing with the WRs prior to his injury.  If he is still weight in around 215 Lbs maybe he is competing for WR4/5.  I might be confusing him with Brandon Zylstra.  At least he knows the system.

Edited by Just Want A Title