2024 Offseason Tracker

General Tso

2 hours ago, Just Want A Title said:

Tracy Walker is being released.  I am a little surprised they didn't make him a post-June 1st cut.  That should put the Lions at about $51 Million in cap space.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39564470/source-lions-releasing-veteran-safety-tracy-walker-iii

My guess is they wanted to give him the best opportunity to sign elsewhere so cutting him now will help that.  Plus they likely have plans for the cap space and figured they would rather have the flexibility now.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Just Want A Title said:

Tracy Walker is being released.  I am a little surprised they didn't make him a post-June 1st cut.  That should put the Lions at about $51 Million in cap space.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39564470/source-lions-releasing-veteran-safety-tracy-walker-iii

I am too. It's like a 2.5 mm loss by cutting him this early.

The Holmes Campbell regime has already shown more than once that treating guys with respect is worth a few bucks to them. I'm fine with it. They'll make that money back in players - from inside their organization as well as out - not having to soak them for every last dime.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Superduperman said:

The Holmes Campbell regime has already shown more than once that treating guys with respect is worth a few bucks to them. I'm fine with it. They'll make that money back in players - from inside their organization as well as out - not having to soak them for every last dime.

I'm not upset or anything, just surprised

22 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

Hopefully, that won't keep them from looking for an upgrade.  Signing him could be a fall-back option.  I hope.  

Yea I hope competition comes in. Dan admitted he chose not to go for FG in critical areas due to kicking game