2024 Offseason Tracker

General Tso

5 hours ago, Just Want A Title said:

I remember a "clutch" discussion regarding Riley Patterson. Not sure what this feedback is supposed to mean.

Yes not sure. Big Dan Campbell didn't view him as clutch which is why he made some questionable choices in playoffs. He had no confidence in kicking game 

43 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

Yes not sure. Big Dan Campbell didn't view him as clutch which is why he made some questionable choices in playoffs. He had no confidence in kicking game 

That's analytics. Which MCDC has shown a habit of following with and without Badgley being the kicker. 

Edited by Nnivolcm
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

That is well-deserved.  He played lights-out on special teams and as a rotational LB.

He deserves it for telling Iffy to get on the ground after he intercepted at the end of the vikings game on Christmas Eve.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

I like this move a lot. Solid move by Brad Holmes and co. paying their guy. He played much better at LB than any of us expected when he joined as a FA.

I actually forgot he left for the Texans for a year 😁

I like it a lot. He's very good on ST but also plays some really meaningful snaps.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

It looks like Sneed is going to get a non-exclusive tag. I don't envision a world in which we trade any assets for him on top of a new contract, so I think he's likely out of our pool of available players.

I suspect that Bears CB Jaylon Johnson will get similar treatment. Chicago has the 2nd most cap space. They can absorb a big contract or the franchise tag. 

• Like 2

I am hoping to end up with either Allen, Burns, Hunter, Greenard, or Armstrong at DE.  Allen can't be Tagged, pair him with Hutch and look out, the amount of pressure the two would create would make up for the secondary issues for now but that needs to be addressed as well, Fuller, Gilmore, Fulton, Johnson, there are some good ones out there.  This is a huge FA class and it's only gonna make the Lions better, now finally players are gonna want to come here for a chance at a title, We don't need a RB but this market is loaded with young top-tier talent

• Like 2

11 hours ago, MrLionzz said:

I am hoping to end up with either Allen, Burns, Hunter, Greenard, or Armstrong at DE.  Allen can't be Tagged, pair him with Hutch and look out, the amount of pressure the two would create would make up for the secondary issues for now but that needs to be addressed as well, Fuller, Gilmore, Fulton, Johnson, there are some good ones out there.  This is a huge FA class and it's only gonna make the Lions better, now finally players are gonna want to come here for a chance at a title, We don't need a RB but this market is loaded with young top-tier talent

Josh Allen would cost us $30M APY. That's a huge number. He'd be a great signing for the Titans - they have the #1 cap space and they'd be stealing him from a division rival. They just added a new HC. That'd be a splash to get some juice going in-house. 

Greenard is probably going back to the Texans after such a good year. I would do this if I were him and they have the money to make a deal work. 

Hunter is also a big-money guy at $24M APY and it'd be hard to spread his cap hit out. 

Guys like Epenesa and Armstrong are probably more likely options for us. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, General Tso said:

Don't be surprised when we sign a guy like Zadarius Smith for 2 years and draft a DE along with developing the Canadian guy.

That's another guy that is likely a better option for us. His OTC projection is $9M. 

This isn't exactly a "light bulb" moment kind of thing but the reality is that NFL rosters turn over almost 100% every 3 years. So Holmes and co. likely look at building out the foundations via the draft and then just fill in the gaps with veteran players on these short-term contracts as opposed to signing high-priced UFA's to multi-year deals.